Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835012 times)

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5 for 34.04. New: Slaves and Secrets
« Reply #2235 on: March 07, 2012, 01:01:09 pm »

Just to check, the current MW version is still for .04 and not .05 right?

This is correct. Meph is still waiting on dfhack to update to 34.05, but they're not 100% sure when that'll happen.

Thanks!

Hmm to be fair i have no idea what dfhack does and never use it. I am furthermore annoyed that it runs everytime i run DF  8)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: March 07, 2012, 01:12:06 pm »

Just to check, the current MW version is still for .04 and not .05 right?

This is correct. Meph is still waiting on dfhack to update to 34.05, but they're not 100% sure when that'll happen.

Thanks!

Hmm to be fair i have no idea what dfhack does and never use it. I am furthermore annoyed that it runs everytime i run DF  8)

Vdig alone makes it worth it.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: March 07, 2012, 01:17:08 pm »

stonesense is also a good part of dfhack, as well as showmood.

Most people think it's all about plainly cheating because of the name, and there are plain cheat commands (spawn liquids and others), but some are just utilities or read informations that we don't have access to directly.

Showmood is great when testing if the new materials are correctly recognized, as you can see what they ask for exactly.

vdig is kind of limit cheat, as it designate the whole mineral vein to be dug out, even the parts you don't see yet, but you still need to see at least a tile of it, so it just speeds up the designation.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: March 07, 2012, 01:30:37 pm »

With DF hack you can basically fix some bugs which would make your fort unplayable. (example - clothing in vanilla DF).
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: March 07, 2012, 02:31:42 pm »

the vanilla DF "vanishing text" bug is another big outstanding issue that only toady can fix, but we don't need to wait till toady fixes that before releasing a new version of masterwork. my understanding of the "vanishing text" bug is that it happens when the TTF engine writes text, it reserves and draws over the same area of the screen that the non-TTF drawing method would use... so when that area is larger then the area the TTF text would use, the text that should be on the right of the TTF text drawn first just vanishes, instead of making use of the space saved by using TTF.

i'm pretty sure only toady can fix that, and that's going to happen, and when it does there will be a new version for sure...
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2240 on: March 07, 2012, 02:50:45 pm »

The biggest part of dfhack is cleanmap. At least for FPS.  For me it is about testing. Without reveal, fastdwarf and prospect I cant tell if many features work as intented, for example the caverns I did. Digging through all three of them, whenever I change a plant ? No thanks.

So I wait for DFhack, then update to 34.05, then test. Then upload. Also Therapist. If I upload a version without Therapist people will crucify me :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: March 07, 2012, 03:51:23 pm »

So I wait for DFhack, then update to 34.05, then test. Then upload. Also Therapist. If I upload a version without Therapist people will crucify me :P

Err.. doesn't Therapist update itself automatically?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2242 on: March 07, 2012, 03:56:38 pm »

Well, it updates to the new version automatically. But the new version does not write itself. I upload a 34.05 version of the mod, and the therapist wont work.

EDIT: Started doing a bit of brainstorming on the magic system. Here a weapon using the druid/magic_nature skill. Works beautiful, they train the Druid skill, no problem. There is no labortoken for it, so I dont know if I can use it in reactions. But I will test.

I might also do special materials that do extra damage against specific creatures. A heat/fire metal against frost giants for example, or a blessed/holy metal against undead. These metals would be really bad against anything else though. So you might make ONE holy crusader dude with them, and only send him to battle against the undead.

Generall outline of my thoughts. 10 classes. Way too much ^^
Healer = Healing, Resurrections.
Paladin = killing undeads, positive effects like speed.
Evil = Fighter, Necromany, making people crazed, negative effects like slow down.
Blood/Demon = Possesions, tranformes into hulk, transformes others into husks, stat boosts (?)
Plague/Disease = Starts epidemics. Might backfire. No idea how to impliment yet.
Ice = Ice spells, doe. Freezing stuff. Ice traps possible ?
Water = Underswim, breathes underwater, water spells. (dont know about the spells yet)
Earth = Magic rock missiles, earthquake (more or less) and rock skin.
Fire = Fireimmune, starts fires, fireballs.
Magic = Raw magic. Very powerful, hard to control. No ideas yet.

They should all get magic weapons and ammo, maybe a custom material here and there, that is only be used in these reactions, nothing else. No idea if I really to that many, but that is what I came up with. Probably focus on Good/Evil and Ice/Fire for now. The rest is rather experimental, to say the least.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:19:37 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: March 07, 2012, 04:22:01 pm »

I really like the idea of the special materials. I once had an epic dwarf who single-handed took out two goblin sieges... a one-handed (I always imagine he had his shield strapped to his arm) god of combat - and all that without a danger room. I would really like to see this again.

On the magic system: Thats hard. Maybe just elements and associations?

Like:
Earth => Life, Healing, earthquake, roots..
Fire => Fire, more fire, lots of fire, magma, armok himself unleashed..
Water => Underwater Breathing, swimming, knockback on enemies..
Ice => Slow, Death, Raising walls...

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: March 07, 2012, 04:28:47 pm »

Meph: The Therapist memory layouts for 34.05 are done I believe. So I guess its just DFHack we're waiting on.

Also, did you get my pm with the finished caste chart (with view ranges on)? Can't remember whether I sent it or not, and I forgot to save a copy in my outbox if I did.
The magic weapons sounds great. I agree that 10 classes sounds a bit overboard at the moment though... :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2245 on: March 07, 2012, 04:40:54 pm »

Ah, Therapist is done then, nice. :) I am talking with splinterz about a caste patch though, but is looking good, he already showed me a screenshot. Next version should have the caste patch back in. Just some finetuning must be done, since I dont want to have it show the secret castes.

dfhack might take a while, I saw quietusts post in the thread. But I am fairly certain that he knows what he is doing. And thanks, I got the chart, already added it and replaced the old one. :)

10 Magic casts are overkill, sure. Like I said, ideas only... will focus on 1 at a time, people would lose the overview if I add too many anyway. I still try to keep it kind of basic. Maybe one magic figher and one magic spellcaster, plus fitting euqipment. This for one good building, and one evil building. This sounds about right for now. Death Knight & Necromancer, Paladin & Healer. (wip names, I would love to have better ones, these are pretty generic) Just to keep with the Df spirit of melee and ranged squads.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: March 07, 2012, 04:52:09 pm »

I like the elementalist idea that mglarev posted, but even that may be a bit much.

the one good ranged, one good melee, one evil ranged, and one evil melee sounds like a nice idea, for names though...

I don't know if i see Armok as a good or evil force, but one of the types could be named after him, just for simplicity. ties in with religion etc. aka "Soldier of Armok".

necromancer is fine, considering they exist in vanilla anyways, but perhaps some adjective to define them apart from the enemy necromancers...
Death Knight/Paladin: no, too overused, possibly go with Unholy Warrior/Holy Warrior?
Healer: overused, but im at a loss for a feasible replacement name...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2247 on: March 07, 2012, 04:56:01 pm »

Dont know about religion and armok yet. Should be magic, not religion. Otherwise people get confused with the temples and nobles.

I want to use strand_extraction (apostle) for religion.
Then magic_nature (druid) for magic.
And alchemy (sciencedwarf) for tech.

This way people can turn seperate things ON OFF without messing everything up. If I interlock religion and the good part of magic I wouldnt have that option.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: March 07, 2012, 05:04:26 pm »

im aware of that, just spitballing ideas...

it will be hard to stay away from stereotype fantasy here, as it IS where the concept of this kind of magic came from.

Druid unfortunately cant be used, as thats the skill for it.
we want to stay away from Holy/Unholy/Armok with the naming.

necromancer is fine imo so that's one down.
Life Mage is at least more interesting than 'healer' and opens up the possibility of giving them nature based attacks. (i.e. paralysis by growing vines  mushrooms around them, etc)

well, if you go with life and death as the center of your magic system its easy, but stereotypical.
Life Mage/healer
Death Mage/necromancer
i suppose 'Holy' warrior types may work, as the melee kinds do focus around the concept of specializing at killing different things. i don't have any ideas for these ones.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2249 on: March 07, 2012, 05:12:16 pm »

Here a rough draw:

Good
Building
   => Holy/White Halls of something, Ivory Tower, Blessed whatever, you get the drift.

Reactions
   => Transmute dwarf into melee or ranged unit. Makes 2 special weapons, 1 special ammo.

Melee Unit
   => Kill undead right away with long cooldown (once a week)
   => Immunity against craze/fear/stun
   => cant be turned undead after death (?)
   => Extra damage against evil units (can this be done?)
      If I cant restrict the weapons, I will leave them out.

Ranged Unit
   => Heal friendly units. 
   => Speed up friendly units.
   => Ressurect with low chance/epic cooldown. (once a year)

Weapons
   => Magic Ward/Wand/Staff. Shoots ranged spells
   => Holy Warhammer. Extra damage against Undead. (should be restricted to good only)

Spells (one type, with 3 syndromes)
   => Makes creature benign/friendly for a short time (possible?)
   => Extra damage against undeads
   => Loweres damage done by enemies

Evil
Building
   => Dark church, Bloodpool, necromancers pit, bla bla and so on.

Reactions
   => Transmute dwarf into melee or ranged unit. Makes 2 special weapons, 1 special ammo.

Melee Unit
   => Causes nausea and blood vomit on enemies (only very close ones)
   => Immunity against craze/fear/stun
   => Raises automaticall from the dead for a second go as a friendly undead (possible?)
   => Extra damage against good units (can this be done?)

Ranged Unit
   => Animates the dead
   => Short range flee/hide spell, see octopus
   => Normal damage, throws solid blood spike

Weapons
   => Magic ward/wand/staff. Shoots ranged spells
   => Unholy battle axe. Extra damage against living things. (should be restricted to evil only)
      If I cant restrict the weapons, I will leave them out.

Spells (one type with 3 syndromes)
   => Slows down enemy units
   => Adds slow disease
   => makes targets crazed
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 749