Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835026 times)

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1860 on: March 03, 2012, 05:17:56 am »

One of the dwarves I embarked with is apparently a legendary druid, should I be worried about this or can I count on him to not do anything to get me killed?

Dude, this is Dwarf Fortress. Of course he'll get you killed.

Well yes, but I mean if he's going to do something ridiculous to get me killed within the first year because he resurrects/summons all sorts of nasty stuff there's little point to continue the fort. Either I kill him or just start a new one.

He WILL resurrect about everything around him, which will make your fort quite fun. So yes, be done with him or restart ;)

QUESTION: How can I use slademantine bars? i cant find a way to stack them or use them in my magma forges...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:36:20 am by Nimrod »
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Chivalry

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 03, 2012, 05:42:03 am »

Does anyone know of a way to re-enable the therapist sort by caste function, my current version doesn't contain it, and its solely missed :D

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 03, 2012, 05:47:01 am »

*cut*
- Added bars, blocks and gems as options to the loading/unloading stations.
 - Converted all reaction in the Stonecutter to the Stonecraft skill. (was stonecraft, mechanic and mason)
*cut*
Horray, that sounds especially good for my forts.
for the loading/unloading, could you also differentiate boulders and ores, if possible?
Not asking a reaction per stone type (even though I would like to know how to make them myself, no luck so far), but it sounds strange that they consider ores as stone, at least to me.
And now the stone cutter will be able to really run without having a multi tasked dwarf being tied to it, good news for starting forts that desperately need to maximise the usage of these workshops to create the basic goods they will need to survive (rock bins anyone?).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: March 03, 2012, 07:41:24 am »

new story from me, - really, really missing the castes option from dwarf therapist btw

gen'd a world. perfering gaia. stoped it immidately at year 5, embarked in a haunted lake with a haunted forest took with me, 5 miners a recordkeeper and grower/broker, idea is to get in . get in fast.. 

one of my dwaves however to my suprise. is a white mage! constantly spamming . knocking things down with the heals...

skip ahead a year, 26 dwarves, got a 4 dwarf milita running survived 2 sieges from stranglers with relative ease.. their corpses reanimateing WHILE IM BUTCHERING (all 20 of them) managed to kill two of my workers (a dark stranglers floating false rib punches zCitizen in the the head! blah blah..

after i get them cleaned up and tanned . gonna make the "good stuff" for leather, i thought it'd be fun to make a library to train my grower(s) or whatever.. set my tanner to make 4 book bindings.. and .. i get attacked by a thunderbird!.. so im a little distracted as i dont have an aerial prevention plan

the bird manages to kill one dwarf. and sever the spine on my commander - set him in my hospital i had kitted out. (the whitemage is also my doctor nao=D )

look back. and my tanner made 4 book covers out of lamen leather.... *fuuuuuu!!!!*

, fastforward an entire year... my commander is walking with a crutch now. what i did was make my white mage a squad by herself. and force her to "train" on one spot, the bed in the hospital was her barracks. she must have healed him millions of times...

no dwarves seem to want to show up to my haunted fortress, another siege by dark stranglers and 2 more thunderbirds, i was down to 16, the painful thing was.. it was 10 children 2 wounded milita (her upper leg is gone! yet she survived yay white mage squad!) and my third milita... died of thirst .. in his barracks bed, the ineveitable end to this fort was from the dark strangler rib bones comming to life and punching everyone in the face while they were "helpless" in the hospital...

no more haunted embarks for me.. at least not at year 5 and the dwarven civ can have civvies to send me lol

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 03, 2012, 08:08:52 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haha! :D
Great story!
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 03, 2012, 10:34:06 am »

So this white mage, they also raise the dead?

Just got done having lots of "fun" with a druid that managed to sneak in around 60 dwarves. Killed about 20-30 dwarves until I found the person bringing stuff back to life. Wasn't really sure how to deal with him either. Confined him to some burrows but I think he ran back in the fort when he got hungry and thirsty and brought back more things at which point I think he may have died (but later new things started coming back to life so maybe I had two in that same migrant wave).

Little later got sieged by 60 white tigermen with mounts and what not, I had no military left and people were already throwing tantrums so I said hey lets let these tigermen in what's the worse thing that can happen? I figured if I can't beat em maybe the druids will raise a zombie army and kill them, at least they were part of my fort, sort of.

Apparently the three crappy traps I had setup was enough to "defeat" the siege even though only 3 of them died, which is odd since killing even half of the siege sometimes doesn't make them run away. So in the end I did not get to see a zombie army fighting the white tigermen, oh well.

So how do you effectively deal with druids/whatever that cause trouble. I was going to get my military to just plain kill them but I don't think it let me.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 03, 2012, 10:39:42 am »

More golem fun! You may remember the vampire mayor that I turned into a golem who kept being mayor - well, he finally got voted out of office. Naturally, the new mayor was also a vampire!  I decided to do the same thing with the new gal.  She marched to the golem forge, but it turns out she's almost completely resistant to disease, so the transformation doesn't take (tried for a year straight!). Alas, the baby she was holding was not so resistant, so now the vampire mayor has a golem baby that she carries around!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1867 on: March 03, 2012, 10:59:35 am »

Zeebie, you are just crazy. A vampire mayor with a golem baby ? Mental image, go away ^^

And healers dont raise the dead, but I seriously have to do something about the necromancers, if they kill your fort as often as the enemy ^^

EDIT: I just raised the wait time between interaction from 10 to 200, lowerd the range of the spells, made the pop-rate 1, (instead of 0, maybe it was set to default 50 since 0 is not supported ?) and gave them a frequency of 0. Lets see how it works out.

PS: Lock necromancer in a room with fortifications towards your moat. Throw dead enemies in the moat, get a zombie filled moat. :) Everything that enters gets killed, and resurrected, that way your moat is always refilled :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:08:35 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 03, 2012, 11:47:48 am »

PS: Lock necromancer in a room with fortifications towards your moat. Throw dead enemies in the moat, get a zombie filled moat. :) Everything that enters gets killed, and resurrected, that way your moat is always refilled :)

My moat refills automatically "thanks" to teh terrifying biome. Or it used to as I breached it accidentially and now zombies run all over the glacier. Training a squad equipped with some warhammers to deal with the problem.

Also - still having issues with the guildhall. build the damn thing, then got a permission. No dwarves want to become crafters. Do I need some coins for them to become crafters or what?
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1869 on: March 03, 2012, 11:55:48 am »

Oh, thanks for reminding me. I tried to use multiple skills, but it did not work out, so I had to use one. For carfters it is [SKILL:STONECRAFT]... have to put something like teaching/student in there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 03, 2012, 11:58:09 am »

Does anyone know of a way to re-enable the therapist sort by caste function, my current version doesn't contain it, and its solely missed :D

I tried fiddling around with therapist with no luck. Even the newest version the caste system isn't quite functional.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 03, 2012, 12:44:39 pm »

The help file says that grazing is completely removed, but I had an ox or something starve to death. Is the help file out of date? Is there a way to disable grazing? I find the amount of menu-wrangling required to assign pastures unpalatable.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 03, 2012, 12:47:48 pm »

The help file says that grazing is completely removed, but I had an ox or something starve to death. Is the help file out of date? Is there a way to disable grazing? I find the amount of menu-wrangling required to assign pastures unpalatable.

The manual is a bit out of date. Livestock AKA cows pigs etc need 2x2 grass zones each. Birds and dogs are exempt

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 03, 2012, 12:50:04 pm »

The first release of masterwork had it, but I am certain it was due to someone, possibly Meph, modifying it to add the castes.

You can still look at the migrants descriptions as they come, even if the long migration waves makes it a little harder sometimes.

@ranik: it is only if you enable harder farming, still no graze in other cases.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 03, 2012, 12:57:11 pm »

The first release of masterwork had it, but I am certain it was due to someone, possibly Meph, modifying it to add the castes.

You can still look at the migrants descriptions as they come, even if the long migration waves makes it a little harder sometimes.

@ranik: it is only if you enable harder farming, still no graze in other cases.

I got over a hundred migrants pretty quick so manually checking started terrifying me.  ;D Guess i'll just have to do it per wave as you suggest.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 749