Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835105 times)

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1800 on: March 02, 2012, 10:45:48 am »

I simply wasn't sure if the ungrindable rock nuts was part of Masterwork or if it was Toady's doing. If it was toady's then 34.04 might have fixed it.
Toady publishes a changelog every version. Why don't you go check it instead of spreading rumors about what a version might or might not have fixed? I think there's enough confusion in this thread, let's not mislead even further people looking for information. What you said is all the more ridiculous as 34.04 only fixed a single bug with map export after worldgen.

Also, hardcoded. "You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:47:35 am by isitanos »

Myiagros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 02, 2012, 12:02:53 pm »

I tried using this mod last night for the first time and the key bindings are different, how can I get the +/- to work again? Is there a file that stores key bindings that I can just copy to the directory?

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 02, 2012, 12:08:49 pm »

Hard-coded meaning something not introduced with the mod. I have no idea why your panties are in a bunch, the mod is complex enough to possibly have silly errors.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1803 on: March 02, 2012, 12:13:30 pm »

The keybindings are not different, I never changed them.

And hardcoded means that it is written in the hex-values of the df.exe, not in the txt. files of the raws. I can mod the raws, I cant mod the exe. So hardcoded has nothing to do with what the mod adds or not. Ranik, you are confusing people again :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 02, 2012, 12:16:04 pm »

Hard-coded meaning something not introduced with the mod. I have no idea why your panties are in a bunch, the mod is complex enough to possibly have silly errors.

Actually no, hard-coded means something is contained in the program itself, and thus in this context means anything that can't be modded/changed by anyone other than Toady.  :)

On another note, I'd just like to apologise for my earlier declaration that war animals can't be armored - they most certainly can.
Sorry about that!

SecondBreakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 02, 2012, 12:17:52 pm »

meph - the automatons always seem to die on worldgen. it's extra-weird because they seem to die shortly before i interrupt the worldgen process, even if it stop it at like 50 years of generation... i've genned like 8 worlds straight, using the normal (not advanced) world generation system, and in the vast majority of them, the automatons just get conquered consistently...!

Good. Stops them showing up with two full ambushes in early Autumn, year two, and murdering your military and the human caravan.

Technically the fort is still fine; abusing danger rooms allowed my three-strong, leather-and-stone military to hold them off long enough to raise the bridge and wall off the one access corridor. They plus the human guards might well have been enough to drive them off if the damned things didn't paralyse and knock out anyone who damages them in close combat. As it is there's about fifteen of the things, incredibly damaged, sitting outside the entrance to the trade tunnel. I might yet manage to recruit a new force after the tantrums die down and finish them off, but it's the dead human caravan that's particularly worrying. Is that them hostile for good, now?

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: March 02, 2012, 12:21:16 pm »

And hardcoded means that it is written in the hex-values of the df.exe, not in the txt. files of the raws. I can mod the raws, I cant mod the exe. So hardcoded has nothing to do with what the mod adds or not. Ranik, you are confusing people again :P

I don't intend to and if its not part of the mod its part of the program or at least that's what I meant. It's very hard to type via touch tablet so I try to type very little  ;D

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1807 on: March 02, 2012, 12:29:47 pm »

hope healing magic gets in soon.
possibly some sort of SHIELD for adventurers on ranged attacks.
because Javelin especially steel ones which every brigand seem to possess, coped with *mechanized javelin thrower* are DEADLY.
though my new adventurer with his spear and his dodging to sky high deflects them in the air...
it's still pretty close.
btw...
what was the mental attribute to increase to have better aim, spatial sense?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Myiagros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 02, 2012, 12:39:53 pm »

Thanks, I'll try it again tonight, found it odd when I couldn't change the skills of dwarfs on embark, exited out and ran Phoebus pack and the keys worked fine. I'm mainly interested in the feature to remove all the useless clothing as there is way too much of it laying around in my fort since I started actually using smithing industries.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 02, 2012, 12:45:53 pm »

because Javelin ... are DEADLY.

My work here is done.  ^_^

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: March 02, 2012, 01:20:45 pm »

Don't know if it has been brought up, but after a zombie attack the killed DWARFEN walkers will fill up your burial receptacles, which is very annoying (and it doesnt matter if you lava burn or atom smash them first)

Would be nice if you could do something about that ;)

cheers
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1811 on: March 02, 2012, 01:30:39 pm »

You mean dwarven zombies in the undead civ are buried in your normal coffins ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 02, 2012, 01:57:55 pm »

You mean dwarven zombies in the undead civ are buried in your normal coffins ?

If those are the one that come when you get the "The dead walk"-Siege, the yes. those are put into my normal coffins (they are also put into the "corpse" designation zone, like friendlies).
Tons of "Dwarf Corpse" and "Dwarf Corpsettes"...
I am at this very moment putting up like 50 stone coffins to get my own dead put to rest ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1813 on: March 02, 2012, 02:02:59 pm »

Nope, I meant my custom zombie race. There are sieges with" the dead walk" ? Nice. Mind you, I never played DF34.XX, no time ;)

But int his case it is a DF feature, nothing from the mod.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 02, 2012, 02:04:51 pm »

Nope, I meant my custom zombie race. There are sieges with" the dead walk" ? Nice. Mind you, I never played DF34.XX, no time ;)

But int his case it is a DF feature, nothing from the mod.

Ah, i see! I thought you put them in :D

Love your Mod btw, thanks mate!
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 749