Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835063 times)

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1785 on: March 02, 2012, 12:42:20 am »

How do I remove the Phoebus tileset and play with the curses font again?  I'd like to try some of the 'utility' aspects of the mod, but the phoebus font is bugging out window resizing and causing no end of problems.  I went into the 'init editor' and put back in font: curses_640x300.png - I even manually searched for every init.txt in the folders (six of them!?) and changed the windowed and fullscreen mode lines to read Font:curses_640x300.png - but it's STILL the awful phoebus one, and the window problems persist.

Solutions?

I'm not positive if this is what you're looking for but ...Dwarf Fortress/data/init
The init text document,  find TRUETYPE and set it to NO.

I changed this to NO from whatever it initially was and it fixed all the graphical glitches with the font. If you are having some other issue then just ignore this. If it works though then yay for random guessing!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1786 on: March 02, 2012, 12:46:16 am »

Curses, or ascii is not supported. Dont try to change the init, because you have to change EVERY raw that has a tile as well. If you just change the init, you get random results, but no working ascii version.

If you dont like truetype, press F12 ingame, that toggles it ON/OFF

About the mood: Try silk and more wood types. I know that dfhack reads the wood types wrongly (it claims they are still specificly named, since the trees are there) and I dont know if the mood searches for wood the same way. Hope not, but testing this will be horrible, since I cant force moods.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 02, 2012, 01:23:28 am »

Curses, or ascii is not supported. Dont try to change the init, because you have to change EVERY raw that has a tile as well. If you just change the init, you get random results, but no working ascii version.

If you dont like truetype, press F12 ingame, that toggles it ON/OFF

About the mood: Try silk and more wood types. I know that dfhack reads the wood types wrongly (it claims they are still specificly named, since the trees are there) and I dont know if the mood searches for wood the same way. Hope not, but testing this will be horrible, since I cant force moods.

Ah, thanks very much.
I guess I'm too set in my ways to accept these newfangled fonts.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 02, 2012, 01:46:41 am »

I never have time to set up a 250 Z-level magma pump to help.

ICE! Use ice :] And if you cant use ice use water traps (goblins and other crap usually cant breat under water very well if at all). In case of watertrap i suggest making a nice sink system so items, corpses, water gets somewhere where you can collect loot and the water & blood/corpse mix will help you to grow a nice underground forest there. Fungi love corpses and miasma ;]

For the case of that mood. Run dfhack and "showmood" command to verify what's needed. My bet would be on the cloth (silk).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:53:40 am by UncleCern »
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 02, 2012, 02:08:59 am »

meph - am having a ball testing out all these features =) i'll try to keep reporting back everything i find! here's the outstanding things that i'm not sure anyone else has mentioned:

- any luck on the alpha channel stuff? your new sprites are still on black backgrounds, at least on my install...

- it seems rare to generate a map where the player is in contact with all races. usually, for me, the automatons don't survive, but sometimes the undead don't make it instead... i've been running a bunch of tests with small worlds, with 125 year histories, many civs, and lots of minerals (simple minerals off).

- sometimes work orders don't seem to take, but i'm not sure if that's a Masterwork thing, a vanilla DF thing, or whether I'm doing something wrong somehow... right now, i've got 4 consistently idle dwarves whose stats wouldn't indicate that they'd be idle for no reason, and there's plenty of stuff that needs hauling!

cheers  man -
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 02, 2012, 03:04:49 am »

I don't think this was mentioned above but stone stockpiles aren't able to accept clay, the Clay type is automatically greyed out and the rightmost column is empty.

I had something odd happen last night as well, my legendary druid (first immigrant  >:() raised some dead cave tortoise and turkeys when the first dwarf  caravan got to my depot however there weren't any in the fort or on the dead/missing unit list, is there a chance they were already dead inside the caravan cages?  I am in a hot biome and had a frilled lizard immigrant die at the map edge when it appeared but that might be unrelated.

One other thing, the Make Soap order is in the job manager but doesn't send anything to the soapmakers workshop, it needs to be make soap with tallow or oil but I don't know if it's possible to remove that command as it's from vanilla? Not really a big deal though.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 02, 2012, 04:01:19 am »

Finished putting together the plant info. Only for the seeds from the plant_florafauna_ff

I probably wont be doing it for the trees, I just wanted to see what exactly I can do with the things available at embark so I don't waste points on many seeds that will be useless (to me).

I don't know how the trees work, if they drop seeds you can plant or how you turn them into something drinkable, so I didn't do a chart for them.

Anyways, here's the image, it's large:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any suggestions on how to simplify it further or change something to make it easier to understand is welcome. Let me know if something is wrong and I can change it. I ran into a few plants that don't have biomes or seasons listed. I don't know if that's an error or if it has a default value automatically assigned to it when one isn't manually assigned.

If there's a blank it means "no", and if there are no's on everything that means you can't do anything with that plant except farm and eat/cook it. Savagery isn't added yet but I can add it pretty easily later on. There aren't that many exclusive to good and evil biomes anyway (only 2 of each).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 04:07:11 am by Seraphyx »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1792 on: March 02, 2012, 04:46:10 am »

ehm...cough..
how does an adventurer work with a firebolt/fireball?
all i get is burning adventurers of doom who won't stop burning even in lakes.
should i create it and throw it immediately, or is there something else i'm missing?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 02, 2012, 04:57:34 am »

@shadenight123: you need to throw/fire it as fast as possible, else you will have some serious damages on your hand, as you are basically holding a burning item.
"t" will let you throw it, or "f" to fire it, if you have the appropriate weapon equipped (crossbow for the bolt).

It's basically a cast and launch spell, way over powered in my opinion too, but that goes for pretty much every of the adventure reactions (create a weapon out of virtually nothing, never need to go to a shop for arrows or bolts, no cost, no draw back).

Also tested vanilla 34.04, I couldn't reproduce the TrueType problems I have with this version, but as I couldn't get my hands on a 34.03 vanilla, the problem might come from the texture pack instead of purely the game itself.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Poch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: March 02, 2012, 06:21:22 am »

What about the relative strength/role of arrows sold by the elves ? I can't find any info on them in the mod manual.

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 02, 2012, 06:34:54 am »

Got a little bit done, not much, here the changelog, this time in a new style.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This seems quite good. But actually mastiff nerf seems redundant. Why would you also increase their price if you already lowered their main stats and skill? Well maybe it's only my personal problem, but I always have a hard time buying expensive creatures on embark screen.

Also here some suggestions.
Press pig tails for oil should produce seeds imo.
Blast furnace should have a reaction for anthracite.
How about a bone workshop, which you can use bones to make mechanisms, cages, furniture and such? Also wooden totems?
Also could it be possible to make all animals to drop same bones and skulls? Maybe that could fix overclutter in workshops.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: March 02, 2012, 07:26:47 am »

A quick remark:
Magma-proof workshop doesn't produce everything that needs to be magma-proof.
What I mean is that it should have all the components for at least the magma pumps (block, pipe, mechanism, screw, if I am not mistaken).
As it stands right now, only the floodgates are usefull (and the related mechanisms), but you still need metals or glass to make your first pump to launch most "secure" magma workshop designs. By secure, I mean Fortifications and then pumping it at least one level higher than the top of the magma sea, but that might be an unnecessary step I add.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: March 02, 2012, 09:35:27 am »

Does anyone know if items like paladin armor and reignplate are actually better than normal armor? I looked at the raws but couldn't see anything useful.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 02, 2012, 09:55:52 am »

They are not as good as PlateMail.
Let's compare it to the standard Breastplate.
1. Armor level are the same, meaning same basic protection (still, dependent from the material)

2. Paladin has UBSTEP, and the wiki says that it helps to protect parts connected to the upper body (neck, face, arms...) apparently buggy, but still offers some protection.

3. Layer size is lower, and layer permit just a bit higher, meaning you can fit two, and still have 10 permitted space on the "armor" layer (main body). would cost quite a bit to double layer everyone, and would slow them down, but would offer even more protection. For example, you could put 2 and a padded shirt (costs 10).

The rest is identical.
All the other race specific armors are the same, so it is a matter of preference, but they are a little better than your standard breastplates.
Still, you should try to aim for the Platemail armors, as their armor level is 4 and ubstep + lbstep are at "MAX".

Hope it answers your question, this is all from the raws, no personal experiment on dwarves to see the slight differences.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1799 on: March 02, 2012, 10:06:46 am »

slaymithos and zeebie: To quote the manual, in Human Tradegoods:
Code: [Select]
Armor: Their armor, while having fancy names, are not better or worse then those of other races. The only exception is the plate armor and the tower shield, both belong to the better items in the game.

Suggestions are noted, but stone pipes and corksrews are very unrealistic and too easy to make. In my opinion at least. Bone workshop wont go in, there is plenty you can do with bone already. Wooden totems is an interesting idea, but would make totems a lot easier as well. What would you use them for ? (except my religious buildings that are build for the blood god, and therefore need a totem made of the skull of a killed creature)

@seraphyx: Wow, nice list. Did you use a program to read it out ?

EDIT: Just noticed that the mod is 2 months old now... 6500 downloads, 1800 replies, 43.000 views. :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:39:35 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 749