Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835205 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1710 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:07 pm »

I got some strange dark spots all over every menus in TrueType mode.

I can't find this issue in the bugtracker for vanilla, so I will first ask here.
Is there anyone who got dark spots that seem random on various menus (military equipment and pasture are the easiest to see)?

If there are other people, I will investigate in Vanilla to see if it appears there too.

I suspect it will, as it seems linked to what Toady said about spacing the menus in TrueType, having to di it manually and all, as it was completely absent from the previous versions.

Also, @FFLaguna, wouldn't the skills required be in stone and wood hauling instead?
I mean, seriously, it's just putting it in a storage container, that shouldn't require a specific skill apart from being allowed to haul the material, right?
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: February 29, 2012, 08:33:05 pm »

Also, @FFLaguna, wouldn't the skills required be in stone and wood hauling instead?
I mean, seriously, it's just putting it in a storage container, that shouldn't require a specific skill apart from being allowed to haul the material, right?

Agree.  Those are already menial skills you can turn off your master miner.
Actually , I had assumed that's what the Wheelbarrow used already. ???

McFlow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: February 29, 2012, 08:36:59 pm »

@Slay_Mithos:

I have it as well, don't know if it occurs in vanilla, I am using the mod.
I embarked on an island, saw the ocean was frozen, and decided to dig a fort in there. I forgot that it wasn't a freezing biome...

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: February 29, 2012, 08:38:11 pm »

@Orb:
I don't know for oil, not having used this myself yet, didn't get antmens so far, and haven't gone to blast furnaces, so I will let other answer those.

Lumberyard: you need 2 "large axe blade", these are the giant axe trap weapons, not the projectiles added by the mod. Git confused at first too.

Immigrants and caravans tends to always try to get in when there is trouble nearby, be it sieges or ambushes, mostly because the actual calculation for all those are done roughly at the same time.

For the antmens, I suppose it's a bit like all the weak races that comes mostly without weapons and/or armours, they compensate by large numbers.
Shoot a little with ranged weapons before heading head on in the fight, that should do the trick.

Shoot a little? There were at least 40. Though, it could have potentially been multiple sieges backed on top of each other. I discovered the caverns and left them walled off for a good year and got at least 5 sieges from...whatever spawned down there. Open them up and a torrent of antmen. 5 Crossbows, 5 steel armored dwarves(One being close to master in skill), and a slade turret did nothing. Though, if I had to repeat the event, I would have built a ballista and many traps.

I was building axe blade ammo instead of trap components. =/

Thanks!
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: February 29, 2012, 08:44:28 pm »

I was building axe blade ammo instead of trap components. =/

Yeah, this needs to be added to the fix list - "axe blade" (trap component) and "axe blades" (ammo) are two completely different items, yet are very easy to mix up. I don't even know what a "giant axe" compared to an "axe blade" is, presumably they're the same thing. (I'm still on 1.4 though so this may be solved already).

Edit: Oh, and armored war mastiffs may help you fight off early invaders. They're certainly extremely effective against thieves (except for warlocks which tend to suffocate them with magic) and once you have the animal armory up and running they cost nothing to produce.
Just in case you're not sure, the work flow for producing an armored war mastiff is "stray Mastiff" -> "stray Armored Mastiff" -> "stray war Armored Mastiff". I say that because it's important to note that war mastiffs can't be equipped with armor, you have to equip then train them.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:49:07 pm by Flobulon »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: February 29, 2012, 09:20:14 pm »

Shoot a little? There were at least 40. Though, it could have potentially been multiple sieges backed on top of each other. I discovered the caverns and left them walled off for a good year and got at least 5 sieges from...whatever spawned down there. Open them up and a torrent of antmen. 5 Crossbows, 5 steel armored dwarves(One being close to master in skill), and a slade turret did nothing. Though, if I had to repeat the event, I would have built a ballista and many traps.

Well, I usually have sieges of 20-30 dark wrestlers, and that number is above my own population (usually around 17-22 at the time), so having a third squad would make it above the 40.

The new invaders are made to be a challenge, thus the feeble ones (and the later sieges of the strong) are made with high numbers.

The thing is they will also retreat with 3-5 death by arrows if they are not already in fights, so I tend to rain arrows (3 marksdwarves, but still) on them, sometimes even using the throwing version for the "main" military (4 guys with other jobs).

You are free not to use this, but so far, the only annoying ones are the frogmens, as I usually include the river inside my main fortifications, and they can (and will) swim bellow.

You can also use whatever war animals or turrets/mines that your immigrants come with, just be careful with the fire related ones, you might end up with some hot troubles to add to the invaders.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: February 29, 2012, 09:46:39 pm »

aww wish more people voted for ASCII, I dislike phobeos. Also is it intended for a strange mood dwarf to request bricks?

Who the hell was seriously complaining about bugs? It's buggy because of the crazy rate at which ambitious features are being added! I think it's a trade-off I'll gladly take :)

Suggestion: Turn stone and wood wheelbarrow hauling station labors into both requiring the "fish cleaning" skill. I hate having my miners and wood choppers doing the task of hauling stone. They should be mining and chopping wood![/color]

Thanks, keep up the good work! I'm so happy with this mod and I'm looking forward to bug fixes and more features. :)

I agree so much bugs are just unininted feutures, as DF players know well  :P. I hate when everyone useful in my fort rushes to haul the wheel barrow out of the mines and to the forges.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 29, 2012, 09:55:21 pm »

well, there are bricks in vanilla too...

But usually, you can just give them stone blocks (from maso workshop) and it does the trick.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: February 29, 2012, 09:58:26 pm »

aww wish more people voted for ASCII, I dislike phobeos. Also is it intended for a strange mood dwarf to request bricks?

possibly vanilla, if he's possessed, "blocks... bricks..." means Blocks.  I don' t think modders have any particular control over moods

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: February 29, 2012, 10:05:59 pm »

Yeah, that's right. So stone wheelbarrows should use Stone Hauling and wood wheelbarrows should use Wood Hauling. As it stands right now, they use Mining and Woodcutting skills, which is.... plain nuts.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08:37 pm »

Same here. Until there's full graphics support in df (meaning no doors on world map and other nonsense) and perhaps more common large tile sizes, I much prefer playing with a nice ASCII square tileset like GuybrushASCII_curses_square. On big disadvantage of 16x16 graphics for me is that I really have to squint to recognize some stuff, whereas recognizing letters is instant.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:10:36 pm by isitanos »

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: February 29, 2012, 11:42:11 pm »

Just in case you're not sure, the work flow for producing an armored war mastiff is "stray Mastiff" -> "stray Armored Mastiff" -> "stray war Armored Mastiff". I say that because it's important to note that war mastiffs can't be equipped with armor, you have to equip then train them.
Hmm, hadn't tried to make those yet but this is a bit annoying. Meph, do you think that reactions could also be added to make war animals into armored war animals?

Dudemeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: February 29, 2012, 11:47:46 pm »

Yeah, that's right. So stone wheelbarrows should use Stone Hauling and wood wheelbarrows should use Wood Hauling. As it stands right now, they use Mining and Woodcutting skills, which is.... plain nuts.
I think hauling jobs are not possible, as there are no tokens for those. At least there are none in the wiki.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1723 on: February 29, 2012, 11:57:33 pm »

I think hauling jobs are not possible, as there are no tokens for those. At least there are none in the wiki.
Correct
but there are HAULING build labor tokens

1 HAUL_STONE Stone hauling 
2 HAUL_WOOD Wood hauling 
3 HAUL_BODY Burial 
4 HAUL_FOOD Food hauling 
5 HAUL_REFUSE Refuse hauling 
6 HAUL_ITEM Item hauling 
7 HAUL_FURNITURE Furniture hauling 
8 HAUL_ANIMALS Animal hauling 

only for building tho not reactions

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: March 01, 2012, 12:38:16 am »

Ok feedback time.

Timber yard smoothing is cool. But splitting is basically making more out of nothing. Not sure if its ok haven't looked at it much really.

Tree's need to take longer to grow imho. They should match or be slightly faster than natural tree's growth time. Iron and steel oak? Probably should have a CONSIDERABLE grow time. As you have the potential to stack seeds and then start growing them in mass.

Purchased a breeding pair of Faedogs from elves. Manual has nothing on them what are they all about?

Got 3 turrets in migrant waves. An acid, webber, and warpstone. These should probably be made MUCH more rare or not occur at all.

Haven't gotten into a lot of the higher tier stuff as my fort exploded in growth and has a lot of ambushes. Will post more later.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 749