Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835192 times)

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1695 on: February 29, 2012, 03:53:02 pm »

I can't run settings exe, i got error about Net Framework, which one i need? 3.5?
Google myfriend, then get the latest version (if that's 3.5 very well)

This is official thread thats why i'm asking here, there should be information on first page what framework u need for that soft but i cant see it.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1696 on: February 29, 2012, 04:10:02 pm »

I can't run settings exe, i got error about Net Framework, which one i need? 3.5?
Google myfriend, then get the latest version (if that's 3.5 very well)

This is official thread thats why i'm asking here, there should be information on first page what framework u need for that soft but i cant see it.
Normally if an issue on something pops up, most users of their desired OS would simply update/find the update.

And yes maybe Meph should include a *requirements* list. But his mind has been on modding, bug fixing, and his travels?

But like said, normally updating outdate software/apps is not very difficult.

DO NOTE that the lastest version of .NET supports apps that run on lesser versions aswell (as far as I know)

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 29, 2012, 05:35:04 pm »

DO NOTE that the lastest version of .NET supports apps that run on lesser versions aswell (as far as I know)

Thats a sufficient response, Thanks.
I got latest version of framework and still got some errors, at least i know i dont need older versions, anyw time to fight with soft.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 29, 2012, 06:06:25 pm »

Nice to know such things exist... Oh gods, It'd have saved me a lot of time!
GrepWin is a program that adds a context menu item to Windows Explorer to search a whole folder worth of text files for some text or a more advanced expression. Or just get Notepad++, which besides being an awesome text editor can also do that.

Poonyen

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarg!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #1699 on: February 29, 2012, 06:23:42 pm »

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but Therapist doesn't seem to work for me in the latest release of MASTERWORK (sorry if I missed a reference to this somewhere, Meph).

Anyhoo, it just bails when you try to Read Dwarves. I found a rickety solution by copying the 34.03 and 34.04 .ini files provided by splinterz to the relevant MASTERWORK DT folder  (*\Dwarf Therapist\etc\memory_layouts\windows).

Here a link to his fix thingy: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.1230.

Some stuff in DT are still a little out of whack, but at least you can assign jobs.
I like to make music especially for Dwarf Fortress and Soundsense in my spare time (https://www.youtube.com/simonswerwer, http://soundcloud.com/simonswerwer). Also check out Toadese Language Utility to read and write DF dwarven texts (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136098). Bang the tankards!

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: February 29, 2012, 06:56:30 pm »

Bugs:

For whatever reason, I am unable to produce 'fuel'(Booze + Oil). If I remember correctly, it said the item was misplaced.

I can't build a lumberyard, because the axe blades I produce..don't count? Unless I'm making the wrong kind of axeblades, but I looked through multiple workshop menus.

Unless intended, Antmen sieges might need a bit of balancing. There were sooo maaaany.  :o

Unless also intended, I got traders and immigrations while under siege by said antmen.

Finely, blast furnaces can only use coke, not charcoal.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 29, 2012, 07:06:00 pm »

I can't build a lumberyard, because the axe blades I produce..don't count? Unless I'm making the wrong kind of axeblades, but I looked through multiple workshop menus.

timberyard works for me.  Have you built 2 "axe blade", the trap component?  It is possible that you instead built 2x25 "axe blades", the throwing axe ammo?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: February 29, 2012, 07:09:24 pm »

@Orb:
I don't know for oil, not having used this myself yet, didn't get antmens so far, and haven't gone to blast furnaces, so I will let other answer those.

Lumberyard: you need 2 "large axe blade", these are the giant axe trap weapons, not the projectiles added by the mod. Git confused at first too.

Immigrants and caravans tends to always try to get in when there is trouble nearby, be it sieges or ambushes, mostly because the actual calculation for all those are done roughly at the same time.

For the antmens, I suppose it's a bit like all the weak races that comes mostly without weapons and/or armours, they compensate by large numbers.
Shoot a little with ranged weapons before heading head on in the fight, that should do the trick.

For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: February 29, 2012, 07:14:40 pm »

Shoot a little with ranged weapons before heading head on in the fight, that should do the trick.

Or use ICE!
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: February 29, 2012, 07:50:05 pm »

Ideas for making use of dwarven necromancers?  I have one just chilling in an isolated house outside the fort.  Using her to annoy the butcher has already been covered.

Bonus points if the danger to bad guys is >/= danger to the dwarves!

If nothing else I might try to make her hut more self sufficient (she has a farm and kitchen, but the door isn't locked and the fort dwarves currently pillage her booze supply), and maybe a room with controllable access that she can see out of.  Any idea if she can rez through windows or fortifications?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:53:45 pm by smakemupagus »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: February 29, 2012, 07:52:54 pm »

Build him a room in your catacombs.

Also: This made my day. I was digging and I mined a strange thing called "collapsed". The description of the rock is very... umm... descriptive.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:54:55 pm by UncleCern »
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: February 29, 2012, 07:54:41 pm »

I'll give you high marks but not the bonus points ;)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: February 29, 2012, 08:14:51 pm »

Also: This made my day. I was digging and I mined a strange thing called "collapsed". The description of the rock is very... umm... descriptive.

fun bit of combining vanilla DF rock descriptions with Meph's archaeology substrate material. most normal rocks say, 'this is slate' etc etc.

collapsed is the remains of old forts buried by time, I think the stone itself was originally named 'collapsed wall' but that led to 'collapsed wall wall' and 'collapsed wall floor'.
similar to the issues people have had with evil biomes and making all trees dead in their mod. you get 'dead dead tree' (which makes a vague amount of sense, its REALLY dead').

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: February 29, 2012, 08:15:34 pm »

Who the hell was seriously complaining about bugs? It's buggy because of the crazy rate at which ambitious features are being added! I think it's a trade-off I'll gladly take :)

Suggestion: Turn stone and wood wheelbarrow hauling station labors into both requiring the "fish cleaning" skill. I hate having my miners and wood choppers doing the task of hauling stone. They should be mining and chopping wood![/color]

Suggestion: Make turrets and landmines FAR slower. At least 10x slower. These things are supposed to be stationary, yet they can make a decent clip across the map. Keep in mind that when you re-pasture a landmine or turret, a dwarf comes along to guide it which greatly speeds it up with a free speed boost until it arrives in its pasture. [/color]

Thanks, keep up the good work! I'm so happy with this mod and I'm looking forward to bug fixes and more features. :)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1709 on: February 29, 2012, 08:21:10 pm »

Suggestion: Make turrets and landmines FAR slower. At least 10x slower. These things are supposed to be stationary, yet they can make a decent clip across the map. Keep in mind that when you re-pasture a landmine or turret, a dwarf comes along to guide it which greatly speeds it up with a free speed boost until it arrives in its pasture. [/color]
Slower the turrent slower it shoots, I like to imagin the turrents as some modified crab/turtle with the gun mounted on it's back/shell.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 749