Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834747 times)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

meph - you might want to change the name of "construct bed" to "Construct wooden bed", just so it's clear what's going on here... Otherwise it gets confusing with "Construct rock bed and "Construct bed" you know?
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@sayke:Cant change that, its hardcoded. Cant access the carpenter.
@afftor: Well, sure, If I knew what causes it. currently I only have leather, hide, chitin and scale quivers/backpacks. Any tags I need to add to hair/thread for this ?

@all: Changed the holy warrior, he can now heal. He insta-heals people around him, tested and works. Dont know if he will be clever enough to avoid healing hostiles though. But for a super epic doctor, just keep him around. He does not clean wounds to avoid infections, and broken bones still need setting, but everything else is healed instantly :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well when I implemented it for my custom mode, i made custom reactions for clothier shop. I have no idea if Toady made specific tags for that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:43:51 pm by afftor »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

I have not read any of this thread, but I have to say this is an amazing mod. Good luck with it. I hope Toady takes some tips from it.

I have encountered numerous bugs in my quest to get flame turrets. They are likely known, but nevertheless, I'll post them:

The Custom Maps I tried were broke. In one case, I had a magma pipe to the sky, raining magma upon my poor embark.

Embarking in evil zones causes a crash.

I've had issues getting my military to pick up equipment. But that might just be DF in general.

For Jackels, its description talked about the color of its copper..I'm pretty sure Jackels don't have copper on them.

I don't believe my cave beetles are reproducing. Its been a year and I've given them a nesting box. I'm not sure if its just they don't reproduce, or its a REAL long time. Either way, thought I mention.

Also, a question: I've grown small fungiwoods. Now what do I do with this item? Do I use the lumberyard(I have not built one yet), or....?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

@all: Changed the holy warrior, he can now heal. He insta-heals people around him, tested and works. Dont know if he will be clever enough to avoid healing hostiles though. But for a super epic doctor, just keep him around. He does not clean wounds to avoid infections, and broken bones still need setting, but everything else is healed instantly :)
What sorcery? explain?

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Orb yeah there is a reaction at lumberyard to turn small fungiwoods and other small trees into logs and seeds.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@hugo:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@orb: Yep, you need a timberyard for this. And thanks for the report, "sadly" I have to inform you that the bugs are all fixed you mentioned. Harvest the eggs, they might not be fertilized and clog up the nestboxes. The entire thread was commited to fixing bugs for the last 10-15 pages ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I saw people talking about flow charts, and I thought I'd give one a go:

Is this the kind of thing that people meant? More/less specific to certain workshops?
For example, a workshop-specific information chart:

Thoughts welcome!

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh actually now it does not seems right to me that lignite and bituminous coal produce same amount of coke, since bituminous coal should produce 3 ea per unit instead of 2.

Dudemeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If anyone is interested, i made custom stones and two reactions for every stone in inorganic_stone_layer.txt, apart from those that leave no boulder. At the new building you can take 100 boulder and make 1 new (e.g. 100 gabbro -> 1 gabbro pack) and the other way around. So you can reduce stone by 99%, and, if needed, get the stone back. Should also increase fps (99% less stuff lying around).

Seems to work fine, though i could not test every stone, cause i didn't want to write reactions to get every single one. Those i tried, worked. Only problem seems to be schist, even if you have no schist, you can order to pack/unpack it and a dwarf will go there, pick his nose and leave. Nothing happens, no message, no job cancellation (though the job dissapears, as if done).

Meph, about those flags like !NOSTONE!, does the settings.exe look into every file in the objects folder? Or just specific ones? I have given it all reactions and new stones for stones with that flag, and did put it in the entity_default.txt, but havn't tried changing the setting yet.

Edit: Schist-problem solved, stupid typo.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:58:41 pm by Dudemeister »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@dudemeister: The flag is just for specific files, otherwise the program would be quite slow. Maybe 100 is a bit much, but changing this is really easy. find and replace with any number you like. If you want to post it, make it in a seperate thread, since it will be drowned in this one quite soon. I like the idea though and see if I can find a use for it in the mod.

@afftor: Correct. My mistake, I changed it in the raws.

@flobulon: These are amazing. I will add them to the manual of course, or make a special section for them.  Must have been quite a bit of work.

EDIT: Yeah, new dfhack is out. Not much left to do then for the next version
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:03:50 pm by Meph »

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this the kind of thing that people meant? More/less specific to certain workshops?

Thoughts welcome!

Wow I gotta say both of those are really pretty awesome. That with the documentation would make it perfectly clear what each building needed and what was desired to produce a given outcome. You did a really nice job on those two, far exceeded what I was mentioning earlier in quality and detail.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thoughts welcome!

Those are awsome, and provide a lot more information than the description, in the thread, on the wiki, and in the game. how did you make them?

I thought combat reports from vanilla DF were cool, but after I have been reading some of the combat reports after using the mod for a while the unimproved combat reports almost seem down right dull in comparision.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I thought combat reports from vanilla DF were cool, but after I have been reading some of the combat reports after using the mod for a while the unimproved combat reports almost seem down right dull in comparision.

Mission accomplished. 8) Wait for the epic weapons. Dwarf 1 strikes the Goblin with the horrific stench given of his foul mace.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

meph - i don't know why, but in the trading screen, the title on the top when you view an item is blank black. that's a problem because it prevents players from seeing the detailed name, including quality tags etc, of items being traded! i have no idea why this would be happening, though...

fabulon - those flowcharts are awesome! can you make more, for agriculture, traditional metalworking workflows, etc?

great work all -
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 749