Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834656 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to make the new ores and I'm not understanding what the requirements to make them are.

I don't know about slade.  The others cobalt, titanium, chrome, mithril, and wolfram should work like this.

First make one (mithril) powder at the Arc furnace from one (mithril) stone and a bag.  Now, you might need to wait a little while until the full bag gets stockpiled.  Then go back to the Arc furnace and you should be able to smelt a bar.  At that point you can put smelt / powder alternating on repeat, or whatever.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to make the new ores and I'm not understanding what the requirements to make them are.

I don't know about slade.  The others cobalt, titanium, chrome, mithril, and wolfram should work like this.

First make one (mithril) powder at the Arc furnace from one (mithril) stone and a bag.  Now, you might need to wait a little while until the full bag gets stockpiled.  Then go back to the Arc furnace and you should be able to smelt a bar.  At that point you can put smelt / powder alternating on repeat, or whatever.

Yeah I just got cobalt to smelt bars, and I knew I did mithril a few forts back, I think they were just lagging on getting the bag with cobalt to the stockpile.

I think slade is messed up though because I can't seem to do anything except make the stones and make heavy steel.

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm using the new Masterwork 1.4 release. Where is the Phoebus config executable at? I can't locate it anywhere.

Edit: I just confirmed that "PhoebusTilesetAssembler.exe" is not included in this latest 1.4 release. I uploaded a screenshot here (http://i.imgur.com/EJUJX.png)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:26:50 am by FFLaguna »

gefer8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's so many bugs! Gotta see it all!
I found a situation where if you look at the description of a sacred permanency, it crashes.
"Fear the day Armok gave you a land with no iron!"

Geekkake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something to break up all the bug madness: I gotta say, I really like elves bringing beasts now, it gives me a reason not to kill them, and giant war beasts are boss as fuck. Elven caravan showed up and they're all "hey, you want this giant jumping spider breeding pair?" and im all "fuck yeah i want that thats metal as shit bro" and they were like cool hey here's a catalogue of other metal shit let us know what you want" and i was all "fucking giant war armadillos is what i want dude"

It was great.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something to break up all the bug madness: I gotta say, I really like elves bringing beasts now, it gives me a reason not to kill them, and giant war beasts are boss as fuck. Elven caravan showed up and they're all "hey, you want this giant jumping spider breeding pair?" and im all "fuck yeah i want that thats metal as shit bro" and they were like cool hey here's a catalogue of other metal shit let us know what you want" and i was all "fucking giant war armadillos is what i want dude"

It was great.
^ what a trade is probably actually like in DF.

on another note.
@slade production. the slade factory does not make slade the metal it makes slade the rock, slade the metal is an excessively rare ore that makes the deadliest warhammers ever.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems I cannot turn the graphics off from the program. Could you fix that or tell me I'm doing something wrong.

It's Phoebus only, for now. The massive raw changes mess up ASCII as well as other graphic sets.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Geekkake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

on another note.

You kinda missed the point of my post.

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this supposed to be like this? Normal stones are available for gem-cutting at the jeweler's workshop.

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this supposed to be like this? Normal stones are available for gem-cutting at the jeweler's workshop.

It's a change that's hard coded, on Toady's end.  Same as the last 12 people who asked. =P  I was almost 13. ;)
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it has some good things:
it lets you gain experience by cutting worthless stone, and even decoration your sellable stuff with it.

You can now get rid of the ton of stones and actually divide the amount by two (one for the craft, one for the decoration).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, since not every stone actually leaves a usable boulder (some turn to dust, others to slime, etc), I don't think stone clutter is that much of a problem anymore. I even noticed a scarcity of it sometimes. Then again, I always build a giant dining hall with hundreds of tables and chairs, so there's that. Also, I'm a big fan of above-ground constructs, walls and such. Still, I think the current state of stone clutter is fine.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's a change that's hard coded, on Toady's end.  Same as the last 12 people who asked. =P  I was almost 13. ;)

Okay. :)

What about "unstable warpstone"? How am I supposed to deal with that, just not mine it ever?

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug: Drows attack their horses after they arrive. I think they waited until they arrived at my trade depot, and THEN they attacked their horses.

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Archeology stuff comes out of the wall in rough form, for example rough forgotten box and the archeologist workshop won't accept it.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 749