Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834617 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I did mod all the weapons, yes. I also just downloaded the community combat overhaul, to have a look and learn :)

Mostly it is about the runic/epic weapons, since they are rather new, and only tested in the arena.

warlocks are no good, really,
If you ever see them coming, do not send your weapon fighters, only burns would await them, so either equip them with the awesome throwing weapons of the same category, of let your marksdwarves do the job.
From my perspective, a job well done. Warlocks are good in melee due to their breath attacks, but weak against ranged. This is as it should be. People will need melee squads for zombies, and ranged squads for warlocks then. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

My post yesterday on the "Yarn" issue ...

(http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.msg3036482#msg3036482)

... was only valid for MW1.2.  The MW1.4 version seems to already contains the change I was going to try.  Sorry to add to the confusion. 

I'm going to do an embark now with some shepards and do some testing.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, now: Does anyone has the fix for the thread/cloth ?
https://rapidshare.com/files/1524668867/objects.rar
This is the temporal fix I made and it seems to work for now. Would be nice if you look into it as my skills concerning raws manipulation are only a little better than those of a smart chimpanzee.

I have made 3 test embarks and thread(yarn) works well except one can't use hair threads to make cloth (they (hair thread) work in hospitals, havent checked if they work for moody dwarves though).

Basically lines: [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:INORGANIC:THREAD] were overwritten on lines: [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:THREAD]. This is for material_template_default and inorganic_zmasterwork.
Then the line: [TISSUE_MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:HAIR] was replaced by [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:HAIR] for tissue_template_default.

All those lines I used come from 1.2 MASTERWORK DF, I just copy/pasted some crap.

Also I did not do any testing beyond the short test embarks.

I hope this helps and I did not break anything in a spectacular way 8)
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Uncle Cern, nice.  My money would be on:

"Then the line: [TISSUE_MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:HAIR] was replaced by [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:HAIR] for tissue_template_default."

I have a fresh reinstall of MW1.4 -- I'll try it both ways and see if I learn anything.  Or, just have a wildly uncontrolled inconclusive test, or get killed by badgers.

update.
Two hang on embark so far.  Would the Errorlog.txt be helpful?  it just has some "Error(s) finalizing the creature BIRD_HORNED_OWL_FF", and a few others
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:04:12 pm by smakemupagus »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it is true that simple minerals removes 2/3 of the iron ores, specificly limonite and magnetite, which makes the vannila iron bearing ores comparitively a lot less common. However tetrahedrite also counts as a minor ore of iron now and you can use it in steel production, which is all i ever really used iron for anyway. simple minerals also appears to drasticly increase the frequencies of sedimentary layers though so it actaully makes steel production easier, because tetrahedrite and marble is almost everywhere and anthracite, coal, and lignite are very common in sedimentary layers. Combine that with the blast furnace and if you settled in a sedimentary biome, which will almost certaintly have coal or anthracite, you can have a steel industry up by the end of autumn. 

Edit: Meph I assume you either included something like the community combat overhaul or have done some rebalancing of combat yourself already right? besides the whips that is which i think I rember you saying you made less powerful.

Hematite is still there. limonite might be, if i remember correctly simple minerals actually makes iron MORE common in that most of what it leaves is  either a pure ore, or has some percent iron content.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Guys, you do realize that if you add: LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT to the thread, then you get "local creature mat" - thread, cloth and items in the end ? This would fix the issue, sure, but also "fix" my generic mats. Point is, that the finished product should only have one type.

I just made a little todo-list to work on, dont know when I really do start, but it is nice to actually see what has to be done. If you want to have a look, here it is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fair and scrap wood (hence all wood) goes by same price, which sort of kills idea of Timberyard.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Guys, you do realize that if you add: LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT to the thread, then you get "local creature mat" - thread, cloth and items in the end ? This would fix the issue, sure, but also "fix" my generic mats. Point is, that the finished product should only have one type.

Oh, I see what you're saying.  Perhaps there need to be two generic hair mats, one for wooly creatures and one other?  In the meantime I will just add the [YARN] tag all over the place in the raws until my guys stop dying, and then patiently await your real fix :)

... Llama skin thread.  Eww.  Modding, not really as easy as Meph makes it look!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:28:36 pm by smakemupagus »

dragonly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph, the fix I recommended earlier is still resulting in common hair thread/cloth if that is what you intended for yarn production.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

Meph, the bugfix list looks yummy :).

Renamde most reaction names, since truetype allows more space - This will make it easier to understand reaction needs/does what.
If this means the mod will be hard to play without truetype, I don't think it's such a good idea. You still can't see the current selection on the 'u'nits screen, and there are still several truetype-related crashes on the bugtracker.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok, is noted. Reaction names will stay for now.

Tree/wood values is added to the list.

Dragonly: Send me the fix in a PM please, there are just too many floating around in this thread ;)

I also finished with those:
Fixed baboon body parts.
Deleted duplicate weasel and tapir.
Added wanderers friend mod for adventure mode.
Nerfed brick making. You can now use stone boulder to burn brick blocks.
Removed Furniture Workshop.
Removed metal/glass beds and dismanteling of wooden furniture. Was mostly unused.
Moved wooden mechanism, quern and millstone to craftsmans workshop.
Fixed naming for wild fig seeds. (the empty place in the seed stockpile)
Added bread mat to the 7 remaining FloraFauna flours. Missed them last time since they are in a different file.
Renamed the fake plant version I needed for the royal drink upgrades to "royal plant name" to avoid confusion. Stockpiles should now list two, the normal ones, and the royal ones.
Added diplomat and Hoardmaster (the drow trade liason) to drows.
Drows shouldnt bring dwarven constructs, gems and stones anymore.
Added reaction to screw press: Press oil from pig tails. NEEDS TESTING
Removed rock spiked ball
Changed labors in stonecutter. Now only needs mason/stonecrafter.
Applyed dragonflys patch for animal wool/yarn/thread/cloth. NEEDS TESTING
Added flobulons patch for golem making. NEEDS TESTING, but looks ok.
Fixed Guild joining reactions. Formerly only accepted normal dwarves, now savants/castes as well.
Added [ITEMCORPSE:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORAGNIC:STEEL] to all armored pets. They will now leave a steel bar upon death.

EDIT: Just checked the wood values in the raws (not ingame) they seem to be alright, here the raw:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:23:53 pm by Meph »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ehy I'm playing 1.3 still and the caravans are arriving with stacks of common skin, I think thsi was adressed earlier in the thread but can't find it, is there a fix thaat would not require generating a new world? and is it actual common skin or something else misnamed?
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It is cheese. Should be eaten like cheese as well, it is just the name that is wrong. Cant change it without regen as far as I know, but seriously, it is a minor issue.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately you guys have lost me in the hunt for the thread bug  ;)

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: Just checked the wood values in the raws (not ingame) they seem to be alright, here the raw:
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 749