Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834608 times)

dragonly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Went ahead and added
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:THREAD]
[YARN]
to material_template_default

and

[YARN]
just after [TISSUE_NAME:wool:NP] under [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:COMMON_ANIMAL_TISSUES]
for the given animals under creature_domestic and got them producing yarn cloth again.

It's named common hair thread, then common hair cloth, this may be intended by the OP, but I don't know enough to fix the name generation.

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tower Cap ? you cant plant these at all.

You can plant: Tree, Ironbark, Steeloak outside. You can plant Fungiwood and Nethercap inside. They need up to a year to grow (without fertilizer) and get stored in a food stockpile under plants. They will also wither like normal plants in farmplots if not harvestet fast enough.
Nethercap absent from farm fields though. And i hope you noticed
regarding timberyard refine ironbark/netherwood  - nameless seeds

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nethercap did not appear in my underground farm either.

Add horse steel to the list of materials that dwarves leave in workshop.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I don't know if it's a vanilla bug, or Masterwork thing, so I'm gonna post anyway.
My chief medical dwarf gave birth to twins. Awesome. Then, she became possessed. Also awesome. But finally, she claimed the craftsdwarf workshop, and doesn't do shit. I checked if she requires some material I don't have, and this is the only thing she says:
Muzishthetust

I believe that's supposed to be the artifacts' dwarven name. I have never previously seen something like this, dwarves always muttered the required ingredients before. Then again, this is my first major fort since the big vanilla update.

It's Vanilla, In possessions, they sometimes mutter the name after they're done gathering ingredients.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Possessed

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

me and the names...
Yep, it was Fungiwood, I was doing full tower caps in vanilla last summer, maybe that's why it always comes to my mind, sorry for that.

Ok, so that means I need to make outside farms once again, so much for my 1 layer thin sand/clay.

Any way to have a safe (-ish) farm that wouldn't have problems with the mages putting fire  everywhere?
I know that in previous versions, putting a roof to some place that was outside make it still be outside, but I don't know if it works for farms too.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried both 1.4 and the earlier raw pack someone uploaded.

Animal hair skin skull and certain bones/horn seem to get left in the butcher shop and not carried to stockpile.

Even Ram wool is left in butchers workshop as if the dwarves don't know what to do with it in stockpile.

Tested. Using the modified raws i was able to obtain the sheep yarn thread and cloth. Also all materials go to the right storage (refuse), you must have had the o->r->o option disabled (dwarves gather refuse from outside). Sadly I was unable to get any cloth from the horse hair thread. Also I am unsure this horse thread is usable for moods. It is usable in hospitals though.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Herp derp. That's the problem with quick tests. DF's natural setting will always fuck you ;)

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Herp derp. That's the problem with quick tests. DF's natural setting will always fuck you ;)
Yeah, took me 10 minutes and 1 litre of tea to figure that damn o->r->o myself... *sigh*
  :o
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok, now: Does anyone has the fix for the thread/cloth ? @ranik: I assume the rest would have been stockpiled as well, if the settings was on ? Because I did test stockpiling.

The materials are really a huge gamebreaker. I base every industry on them, then fix everything, and stockpiling does not work. I have to redo the material system to fix stockpiling and EVERYTHING broke, since all reaction were based on inorganic mats. I am since busy redoing the reactions, and old, fixed things like the thread/cloth turns up. Wow, the stockpiling really was a bit of work. ^^

Btw, I started a new poll, for balancing. Old poll was leading with: Evil civ, then necromancers/warrior-priests, then adventure mode stuff. Is noted.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yes setting o>r>o picks everything up fine.

Cynsye

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorf²
    • View Profile

Just had something interesting pop up: An announcement that a Snatcher had been spotted (by a kitten). I unpause the game and the only description of what happened then was the Snatcher exploded, setting fire to the grass in that courtyard. (And roasting the unlucky kitten, and a few Elves. For once a goblin did something right). Any idea what could have caused that? (v1.3)
WARNING!: Following links on the Internet can be harmful to your sanity.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yep, it was a warlock, they tend to put the whole map into fire every time they are spotted, meaning you need some ground locks for the fire not to spread too much.

I had two forts that were badly compromised by a snatcher discovered by a cat because of this, but only because fire is over powered (the warlock themselves are really weak to physical attacks).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it is true that simple minerals removes 2/3 of the iron ores, specificly limonite and magnetite, which makes the vannila iron bearing ores comparitively a lot less common. However tetrahedrite also counts as a minor ore of iron now and you can use it in steel production, which is all i ever really used iron for anyway. simple minerals also appears to drasticly increase the frequencies of sedimentary layers though so it actaully makes steel production easier, because tetrahedrite and marble is almost everywhere and anthracite, coal, and lignite are very common in sedimentary layers. Combine that with the blast furnace and if you settled in a sedimentary biome, which will almost certaintly have coal or anthracite, you can have a steel industry up by the end of autumn. 

Edit: Meph I assume you either included something like the community combat overhaul or have done some rebalancing of combat yourself already right? besides the whips that is which i think I rember you saying you made less powerful.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:55:02 pm by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Cynsye

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorf²
    • View Profile

yep, it was a warlock, they tend to put the whole map into fire every time they are spotted, meaning you need some ground locks for the fire not to spread too much.

I had two forts that were badly compromised by a snatcher discovered by a cat because of this, but only because fire is over powered (the warlock themselves are really weak to physical attacks).
Well, I sure am glad my surface fort is 4 platforms with a 3 wide channel between them all :). If that had got to the outside...

Surprised this is the first Warlock I have seen, its usually werecreatures in excessive quantities.
WARNING!: Following links on the Internet can be harmful to your sanity.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, warlocks are no good, really, they can't even hunt the elven caravans without dying in the process, meaning both are dead in the end.

If you ever see them coming, do not send your weapon fighters, only burns would await them, so either equip them with the awesome throwing weapons of the same category, of let your marksdwarves do the job.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 749