Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834588 times)

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if it's a vanilla bug, or Masterwork thing, so I'm gonna post anyway.
My chief medical dwarf gave birth to twins. Awesome. Then, she became possessed. Also awesome. But finally, she claimed the craftsdwarf workshop, and doesn't do shit. I checked if she requires some material I don't have, and this is the only thing she says:
Muzishthetust

I believe that's supposed to be the artifacts' dwarven name. I have never previously seen something like this, dwarves always muttered the required ingredients before. Then again, this is my first major fort since the big vanilla update.

Use df hack tool and check what materials does he need using showmood command. This way you know where's the problem. Some moods do not say much about materials they need I believe. (I may be terribly wrong as well o.0)
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok. Damn whoever actually convinced me to upload the new version :P

@ishar: This is normal, he/she has a secretive mood, and dont show what materials are needed.

Fix for hair/thread.
BROKEN: [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:INORGANIC:THREAD]
FIXED: [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:THREAD]

This is untested, but after reading the thread here I am quite sure it will work.

Pigtail oil: the old, dusty vanilla reaction to create oil, same as always ? But I guess I will make a custom reaction for it, to the millstone/quern, like all the others.

Paper/Vellum: It creates the material paper. You create paper vellums, or leather/skin vellums. But yeah, a bit clumsy, I will change it.

@afftore: Timberyard: Do you pay 1.3 or 1.4 ? I did fix this, I am sure.

Necromancers/bombzero: Even your own deads are hostile ? Mh... I did remove: opposed-to-life from them, I thought friendlies that died would come back friendly, and hostiles hostile. Well, have fun then :)

@warnipple: you can turn corpses ON/OFF in the GUI.

@flobulon: Thanks for the report, nice that they have all they should have. I will remove the cut-off-ears then, sounds strange with a material in front. Next will be removing the dwarve things from them. Did they have a diplomat/evil pets like trolls ?

@crashes: Seems you can avoid them by having short (<100 years) worldgens for now. Otherwise I have a hard time finding the sources. Sorry.

@Therapist: The new version works fine, but does not detect castes, correct. The old version might work for the castes, but cant detect necromancers/holy warriors. I would use the newer DT for 34.2 and wait for a caste patch, although I actually have no idea how to patch it. *cough* *hide*

I will also make a promise:
Next release, which is far, far away, will be balancing/flavor/bugfix only. No new features. Some people might like this, others wont. I figured that all the other modders here do this:
Mod, Test, Fix, Mod, Test, Fix, Mod, Test, Fix, Release, Fix.
While I do: Mod, Mod, Mod, Release, Fix, Fix Fix.

Although this allows me to work three times as fast as other modders, and I find bugs a lot faster, since I dont test alone, but have a few hundret players to report, it also degrades you to some kind of guinea pig.I had thought people would complain more, but this being DF you guys dont seem to mind ;) Thanks for that.

And you really have NO iron at all with simple materials ? I will test this of course, but I never noticed this before.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:46:24 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fix for hair/thread.

In which particular raw is this? So i can test if this works.

EDIT: from what I see the broken thing is : [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:THREAD] and it should be changed to the thing marked as "broken" ([MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:INORGANIC:THREAD]).

Unsure though...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:59:51 pm by UncleCern »
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fix for hair/thread.

In which particular raw is this? So i can test if this works.

material template default?

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile

Fatal error missing item: battering ram.
Loading a world this error occured and the DF crashed
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm getting hematite with Simple Minerals, so I don't think that's the cause for what people are reporting.
Re: the drow caravan - there was no diplomat, and no pets with them other than turrets/landmines to sell - armored horses pulled the wagons.

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, 10 Embarks, Dfhack->reveal->prospect->NO IRON

every single world i creat, mineral on everywhere, zero iron
no hematite, no limonite etc.find Desire location everything is on deep/multiple.

only the pregen worlds seems to have iron minerals.

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@afftore: Timberyard: Do you pay 1.3 or 1.4 ? I did fix this, I am sure.
Uh.. yeah, I guess it was released right after I downloaded 1.3
Also a suggestion. How about sewable cloth backpacks/quivers for military? Being restricted only to leather hurts.
edit: regarding timberyard refine ironbark/netherwood  - nameless seeds, rest looks fine tho.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:13:05 pm by afftor »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fix for hair/thread.

^^Fix not working^^ :[

My modified raws are working though, trying to figure where's the exact problem.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried both 1.4 and the earlier raw pack someone uploaded.

Animal hair skin skull and certain bones/horn seem to get left in the butcher shop and not carried to stockpile.

Even Ram wool is left in butchers workshop as if the dwarves don't know what to do with it in stockpile.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:58:18 pm by Ranik »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a specific condition to be able to plant the tree seeds?

I embarked with 2 of each for a test, and I could only plant tower cap.

That, plus I have no idea where it went, because nearly a year after that, nothing was on the plot, and no luck finding the wood produced or anything.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried both 1.4 and the earlier raw pack someone uploaded.

Animal hair skin skull and certain bones/horn seem to get left in the butcher shop and not carried to stockpile.

Even Ram wool is left in butchers workshop as if the dwarves don't know what to do with it in stockpile.

It might be my "fix". I think i changed only hair but i may be wrong. Testing that thing now. To fully fix the wool thread issue one have to fix raws: inorganic_zmasterwork, material_template_default, tissue_template_default. Testing that to be 100% sure too atm.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a specific condition to be able to plant the tree seeds?

I embarked with 2 of each for a test, and I could only plant tower cap.

That, plus I have no idea where it went, because nearly a year after that, nothing was on the plot, and no luck finding the wood produced or anything.

I just reclaimed a fort to test this. Spring planting small trees outside just fine. Did you build your farm underground?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Tower Cap ? you cant plant these at all.

You can plant: Tree, Ironbark, Steeloak outside. You can plant Fungiwood and Nethercap inside. They need up to a year to grow (without fertilizer) and get stored in a food stockpile under plants. They will also wither like normal plants in farmplots if not harvestet fast enough.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Planted small tree's outside and fungiwood inside. So working for me. Any luck on leftover animal materials?
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 749