Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834569 times)

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is the necromancer available in fortress mode?

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile

When unpacking 7-zip gives me the message:

0 Unexpected end of archive.
1 C:\mods\df\34\Masterwork DF 1.4.rar
2 CRC failed in 'Dwarf Fortress\data\sound\song_game.ogg'. File is broken.

Maybe this has something to do with that crash on embark? I'm going to play without sound anyway.

EDIT: apparently I'm not going to play at all. Must have been a corrupted download.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:27:33 pm by Nice Save »

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is the necromancer available in fortress mode?

Yes, via the Temple to Armok. Although be careful when meddling with such dark powers!

Maybe this has something to do with that crash on embark? I'm going to play without sound anyway.

EDIT: apparently I'm not going to play at all. Must have been a corrupted download.

Yes, I believe the dffd.wimbli servers have been struggling the last few days, so it's likely your download was interrupted.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay so the Drow caravan just arrived in late winter. They're pretty awesome. Aside from wearing slade robes, scythes, creepy horned helmets and razorblade armor, they also brought some of their weird toys (black bible, bonerattle, haunting flute) and drowspider silk cloth. The only minor oddities I noticed were them selling armored dogs, turrets and landmines - not sure if this is intended, it seems a bit incongruous. Also, the "cut-of-ear" crafts, e.g "gold cut-of-ear bracelets" - I'm not sure what they are. I thought maybe they were severed ears, strung into jewellery, but I'm not sure where the metal comes from if that's the case. There wasn't a drow diplomat accompanying the caravan either.
Hope this helps Meph, loving the Drow so far!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:16:57 pm by Flobulon »

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah my dl was good and I never have sound on anyways. It has to do with something in creature_standard and is really my fault because I have a minimod of mine that I apply and it isn't playing well at all with masterwork so I've just got to work though it and isn't his fault at all. All me :)

Edit: Well I said that then managed to crash out from stock install. Totally random when it goes and when it doesn't. I reloaded and it worked just fine the next world gen then crashed the gen after that.  It either dies before the 100 year mark or goes to completion and dies during the site portion of the post write. Or just goes through. With the exact same advanced world gen parameters (but using random seeds).

Ah well something is odd just can't identify it yet and I'm tired of troubleshooting for one night.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:51:04 pm by xaldin »

Buffbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fantastic mod, Meph! 

MDF has come a very long way since 1.0. I'm not even sure I consider it a mod anymore, it's more like a total improvement package for DF.

Still waiting for my current fortress to spiral out of control before touching 1.4 though.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey my armour smith created a steel armor of war... what is that? some super suit of war armour, for the chest, head legs, arms, or all of the above, including feet?
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile

Kudos for MTG references.
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile

Does anyone else experience regular crashing or is it just me?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile

I am too. It's debilitating, but I'm on the old version of MDF.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

Just note that this is a personal opinion, but I feel that the altar reaction for making armor out of dwarves is a bit too powerful. You can make multiple sets of armor from one dwarf, because the syndrome takes time to kill one. Also, I think the steel armor should have less chance of appearing, because my captain was invincible.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So after all the trials of getting a world to generate... my embark: Rains a goop on my guys that brusies them totally all over, most of my first couple layers under dirt is rock salt ... to point I'm having trouble getting rocks to use to build doors from.

And the only lava I can guarantee is like 100 levels away.

*sigh* going to be one of those.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Do necromancer-dwarves raise hostile undeads, or friendly?

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok. Encountered a major bug. It's impossible to obtain an animal cloth because the thread spinned from hair does not count as animal thread aparently (common animal thread something instead).
Caravans do not bring animal yarn/cloth so this may be the global reaction problem or something.

One may ask why is that a major bug in my opinion. Well, dwarves have those strange moods and they sometimes need animal yarn or animal cloth. And we can not provide them any... *sigh*.

So for the sake of our dwarves - meph fix that please or someone give us the solution to the problem (where and what to fix in raws). 8)

Cheers.

EDIT: there's some problem with dwarf therapist too. It does not display genders correctly. 1.2 compatible dwarf therapist works fine though.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:00:32 am by UncleCern »
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Version 1.4

A number of underground plans, including sweet pod appears in the stock pile list twice.  The second one appears to be the 'good' one. (using additional plants setting)

Grinding Bonemeal...is it supposed to use remains?  Somehow I was imagining it grinding...bone?

Bonemeal doesn't seem to be able to go into any stockpiles, am I missing something?

Beach nut flour, acorn flour:  neither have breads.

On the seeds stockpile, third from the end (between cashew nuts and thorn apples) is a blank line.

Drow brought me "finch n/a barrel".  I'm pretty sure I've seen it for wren too when embarking.

And last, but not least - thank you for the white bricks!
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 749