Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834549 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Err, my dwarves just milked a horse, is that normal?

I ordered to milk, supposedly my cows, but they brought a horse and harvested "horse's milk".
I suppose you could milk any mammal, but some animals are known for being milked, and to my knowledge, horses are not on the list.
I won't complain, that means you could have milk without buying the expansive cows at the start, but that's a little odd.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why in gods name do you gen 750 years of history ? 50 is plenty. ^^

Anyway, hugo, you were dead wrong, I had to add a milk-material-template to creature:animal_common. ;) But no way you could have known this.

The error logs are insubstencial, they dont cause the crash. Did you turn: Weak Traps OFF by any chance ? That would override the trap-overhaul I just did.

I like long histories. Gives everyone a chance to get their civ settled, little background to play in etc.  Also been my method of generating more necro towers as smaller histories they don't produce the artifacts that pop necros. I've never managed to get a necro out of a large world with less than 100 years of history honestly. Maybe my system hates necros. Also for my system it is only about 15 minutes for a large world so it isn't like I'm investing as much time as many would.

Anyways you're right it was the weak traps, in the entity_default file for mountains it doesn't comment out the lines for weak traps. Few searches turned that up.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I ordered to milk, supposedly my cows, but they brought a horse and harvested "horse's milk".
I suppose you could milk any mammal, but some animals are known for being milked, and to my knowledge, horses are not on the list.
I won't complain, that means you could have milk without buying the expansive cows at the start, but that's a little odd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumis

Aquired taste to say the least. Not one I have.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's a vanilla feature. But it's also not totally unheard of IRL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumis

edit: d'oh, ninja-ed

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok, good to know. I just took 8 minutes to run a 100 year worldgen. I will definetly not test long ones on this netbook ^^ Necro towers can be built (in 1.4) by all kinds of civs, even kobolds, elves and all the FD races, so I hope they are more frequent now.

Glad to see that the civs are balanced now, at least a lot better then before.

Horse milk is a bit... strange, but not harmful. I will have a look, but seriously not now. I am back to travelling in a short while, I did hang around here (Taganga) for long enough. EDIT: double ninja'd. Didnt even know that it was in vanilla.

About the ores: Should not be a problem, really. In normal worldgen, maybe. In adv. worldgen, no. On the other hand, you have the new tree and leather mats to compensate this. And the special metals from the arc furnace.

@andydish: glad that you like it, although I have a hard time getting rid of these crashes. they are a clear gamebreaker from my point of view. Would be nice if you could give me a little report about what you like/dislike after you played the mod for a while.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, do i need to start a new save with the new 1.4 version?

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yes sir, you need to :]

It's my 4th fortress in 3 days because of this, ha!
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

srsly?

damn, i was on about 180 dwarves....and i guess every update again new game?if so...

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

srsly?

damn, i was on about 180 dwarves....and i guess every update again new game?if so...

Take a look at the change log and ask yourself "Do I want the new stuff or am I good with what I have". Then decide. Don't upgrade just because it came out. When you eventually end up starting a new fort that's when you definitely upgrade to get the fixes/etc. Otherwise you really should keep going with what you have if you're happy with it and aren't going "oh I must have that feature".

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

at the rate Meph releases versions, nobody would ever be able to playtest anything! just keep going until your ready. Then you get more features to try out in one go with your new fort!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey, I was asked to release it today, otherwise I would have worked 1-2 weeks on it, like on every other update.

I can only second what xaldin said. Dont start a new fortress, just because you get a caravan more and have a trap system. In comparison to the entire mod, these are minor things. Once your fortress dies/gets boring, use the new version.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

at the rate Meph releases versions, nobody would ever be able to playtest anything! just keep going until your ready. Then you get more features to try out in one go with your new fort!
That's a good thing actually :]

Also - the new world for 1.4 i made (glacier of course) looks better than 1.3 one as there are vampires here. Definitely more fun to come.

Soap will work as well I hope!
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The new realease today doesn't have much stuff in it (besides the drow which is awsome) so just ride your fortress to the end of its like you normally would and then download the new version. depending on how long your fort is and how long your forts tend to last Meph could have a new release out by then. I also agreed with what abregado said though need time to discover all the bugs.

you can't just go up to people and get laid.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a good thing actually :]

Also - the new world for 1.4 i made (glacier of course) looks better than 1.3 one as there are vampires here. Definitely more fun to come.

Soap will work as well I hope!

Soap is for elves.

The worlds are definitely coming out much more interesting really with the settings I've chosen both from masterwork and advanced world gen (sorry never use the prepackaged, I'm really picky about my world settings). 

Having a lot more crashes during worldgen though. I can't really isolate what it is either. Nothing in logs to even indicate there might be a problem. Small/fast histories work fine it seems, its the long/large combo that all of sudden is having issues. I'm wondering if it has to do with the trade caravans but I can't for life of me figure out how I can debug that. Worldgen will always make it to generating history then die then or right after allocating sites. I'm on another gen right now that seems to be running fine we'll see if it completes.  Need better logging in DF really.

Edit: Meh died on the sites again. I don't get it. there's no errorlog at all and everything seems fine for the small worlds.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:40:03 pm by xaldin »

Warnipple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The no corpse invader option is causing some of the merchant dwarves to not leave a corpse when they die and haunting my fortress.

Is there any fix for this?

They have no corpse to put in a coffin and can't engrave a memorial slab for them.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 749