Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834508 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph, as a little peice of stupidity, whenever you designate items in the gem workshop they can take gems cut from standard rocks, my militia commander is wearing full granite.

it is roughly equivilant to iron against blunt but makes slashing and stabbing attacks look like a kitten pushing someone. (IRL not DF. i have seen a kitten push a goblins head off before in DF.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Tested, soap and cheese have proper names again, sry for that.

@bombzero: I know about this, thats because of the 34.2 version. Had no time to look at it yet. Problem is the jeweler is hardcoded, guess I have to alter the inorganic files. Edit: wait a sec, you said gemworkshop. This means all cut inorganic mats are counted as gem. This means I cant change it. Only options: Remove the gemworkshop, OR make it a feature. Rock Armor. Very dwarfy.  (I would tweak the values of the stone then, to make it less good against edged)

@prats: Well, then it is not my little netbook causing mayhem. No idea yet what it could be, I got it the first time after I added the new golem reactions. This is a while back, to say the least.

@mr palau: I think it is more the fossils, since they count as gems as well. But gems are not that rare, if I judge from dfhacks prospect.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:04:43 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile

Is this for the new version? (I assume not as its alot of work to move over to the new systems) It says on original post for version 23 not any of the 3 versions. Also does this mod fix healthcare bugs? Looks awesome!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:19:05 am by AndyDish »
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The mod is for 34.2. :)
Code: [Select]
version 23 not any of the 3 versionsWhere in the first post ? I will write the proper version number then.

What healthcare bugs ?

Anyway: I just removed the fill bucket reaction from the fountain (too cheaty in my opinion) and added a reaction to the still: Purify water from booze. Take booze and a bucket, make water, lose the booze.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

The mod is for 34.2. :)
Code: [Select]
version 23 not any of the 3 versionsWhere in the first post ? I will write the proper version number then.

What healthcare bugs ?

Anyway: I just removed the fill bucket reaction from the fountain (too cheaty in my opinion) and added a reaction to the still: Purify water from booze. Take booze and a bucket, make water, lose the booze.
Should make it from quarry leaves, "Press water from quarry leaves" also do dwarves now take buckets (even if they have water in them) and use them now?

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile

I am sorry, I feel like an idiot, I saw the date and thought it was the version number. Also heathcare bugs:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Health_care#Bugs
Forgotten beasts who cause necrosis mixed with healthcare bugs = purple haze (and tantrum spiral).
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Growing plants to make water ? why not... ^^
And no, dwarves are still stupid. No water in reagents/buildmats for now.

about healthcare bugs: I fix only this one, all other are beyond modding.
Injured nails can't be fixed by doctors, leading to eventual infection and death

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My bad, it wasn't cheese_mat, but cheese.

I noticed it some time ago and was just remembered by the posts above.

It's the two first "new kitchen reactions", namely bread and candy.
Well, I guess they didn't have specific category to go into, but why not put them into the cooked meals?
Not that it causes any problem really, just being picky here.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an issue trying to equip my miners with some clothing. I conscript a miner to a civilian militia squad (all orders disabled) and assign an uniform composed of various clothing parts. All civilians except WOODCUTTERS and MINERS (which means those with woodcutting and mining jobs enabled) equip normally. Those with minig/woodcutting enabled do not equip unless i turn their jobs off. then they equip normally, but once i turn the jobs on they grab the axe/pickaxe and drop the clothing.

Any workarounds? Or do i have to stick to naked miners/woodcutters?

EDIT: another issue about melting. I have melted a round steel shield and expected to get some nice steel bars from it. I got none o.0 not a single one, heh.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im getting alot of crashes during world gen and with this mod. is there anyway I can upload a save and you guys see whats happening?

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@prats: Well, then it is not my little netbook causing mayhem. No idea yet what it could be, I got it the first time after I added the new golem reactions. This is a while back, to say the least.

This does not help my ego, I got kind of ignored on this matter, so here it is again:

I actually had the same problem with Genesis once. The problem is stunning: some codecs can't handle some .ogg files. And by 'can't handle' I mean crashing the whole system with a blue screen of death. Turn the music off, replace the audio file with something else, or get another codec. At least that fixed the problem for me.

So, the game does not freeze because of the embark. It freezes because the music starts.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The crash is happening now at the same times, its repeatable, and if I try to save past a time in crashes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Sry Ishar, but I did not change anything on the music files, codecs, or anything else sound related. I did turn of sound to test it, and if the freezes wont show up again, than a hundret praises to you.

@sammylimex: Never had crashes at worldgen. But how do you want to upload a save, when the worldgen crashes, which means that there will be no save. 
EDIT: You mean at a certain year count in history ? A 100 year world is fine, a 150 year world crashes ?

@unclecern: Thats a vanill df problem.

@slay_mithos: 2 out of 200 are many ? :P It is a cheese because it has a defined material template, more or less the only choice. And because the two reactions are directly out of deons expertise, as in: These are the genesis reactions, for bread and candy. :)

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was getting errors from the fortress defense races that were using ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_2H (couldn't find it in your weapon list, changed to ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_HANDER_ZWEI to get by it) and ITEM_PANTS_GREAVES changed to ITEM_PANTS_GREAVES_D .... Looks like the 2H and GREAVES came from original and didn't get converted to what you had called things.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whenever world is genning, it will crash at a certain time, so i stop it at say, year 100 before it would crash at 110 . In this save I started at 13 i think before it crashes in 15 and now that its 15 it crashes once it hits a certain time.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 749