Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834489 times)

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@seraphyx: The necromancers seem to die out quite easily. I will make custom ones for fortress mode to attack you.

@hugo: tested, doesnt work. Once a pet, always a pet.

Thanks ;D

And I FINALLY got a necro tower after literally like 20 world gens.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

@smakemupagus: So one could build a trap with trapcomps/trapparts made of anthrazite/bituminous/lignite and have an actual, perpetual burning trap ?  Do people walking over it get heat damage ?

I coul make tar/pitch then. A custom trapcomp, with 0 hits (hope that works) that only exists to be set on fire. I always wanted someting like that :)

That's an interesting question.  I think that it would work with any kind of "building" made of lignite.  Ours was just a small lignite stockpile that happened to be in the route the caravans would take, that was ignited by the burning skulls.  We didn't even know it was burning until the caravans came.  Noone was killed except the guys with the wooden wagons, but those went up in flames spectacularly.  It's not totally perpetual, that is it eventually burns out.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, I am now (in my head) so far as making lignite/coal non-burnable, but make a reaction to create pitch/tar that is.

then you can build a 10*5 tar-road, set it on fire (it actually burns out after 9 months) and have fun with invaders. Or anything else stepping on it. Like dwarves. Ignoring fire. But hey, good enough for me. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Cool, fire traps would be fun.  But do you know if what you like to do already work if you made the road of coal?  I might try this out tonight.

Or, maybe your pitch will have other properties such as burn hotter, or be sticky?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No, you are right, you can already do it with lignite/bituminous.

I just wanted to remove that features from it, and add it to a custom pitch/tar material, made in my trap-workshop. This way it is more obvious what it does. Still very difficult to use, and no one will use it, without reading a manual first, but hey... at least it works. Wish there was a better way though.

@hugo: Turning them into dwarves would add them to your civ I guess. Worth a try, but I dont think that it will work.

USER FRIENDLINESS

Beginner World Set
I think I will also make a little beginners world. Just the "blessed Serra", without a bottom layer, with max embark points and zero of these:
   [MEGABEAST_CAP:50][SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:50]
   [TITAN_NUMBER:200][TITAN_ATTACK_TRIGGER:30:0:0]
   [DEMON_NUMBER:22][NIGHT_TROLL_NUMBER:26]
   [BOGEYMAN_NUMBER:26][VAMPIRE_NUMBER:26]
   [WEREBEAST_NUMBER:26][SECRET_NUMBER:52]
   [REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER:52][DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:52]
   [EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER:26][EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER:26]

Autohotkey
Then add the autohotkey utility I found  here
By running this program, you can:
- Scroll up/down z-levels about 10x faster than before, by pressing alt-shift-<. Tapping the key, you can scroll at about one level per frame.
- Resist carpal tunnel syndrome by holding ctrl-enter or ctrl-plus to select the current element of a list and advance to the next one. Essential for the trade screen.
- Select barrel, in trade, and advance to the next barrel by holding ctrl-pagedown.
- Freeform walls, because every essential helper for DF has to include that. Hold 'w' and press an arrow key, with the wall tool active.
- Freeform grates. See above, but with 'g' and building grates active.

Embark Everywhere
Include the "Just Embark" or "Embark Everywhere" utility. Does anyone know if one of them works on 34.2 ?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:52:49 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey meph, about the trap workshop.
the mechanic labor is currently used for only making trap components, and installing them. so there is little benefit in renaming trappers to engineers when you can just rename mechanics to something fitting their job. thus leaving trapper profession open for a future new job/workshop.

overall, i like the trap rebalances as spammed serrated discs are really the only way to go as far as traps.

i would also like to ask if the no invader corpses affects worldgen. do those races themselves leave no corpses? if so necromancers may not have anything to raise in order to get a work force construct their towers.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just got an idea for the issue I was having earlier not being able to plant certain plants. Is it at all possible to remove the ones from the embark screen that you can't plant? There's no way for the average player to know which ones they will be able to plant and which ones they wont be able to plant due to certain ones only being plantable in certain biomes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@seraphyx: No. What you see at embark is what your homeciv can access (since your caravan starts from the mountainhomes) If you then go to a glacier, that is your problem. ^^

@bombzero: Point taken. The workshop is still called Engineers Workshop currently. I will keep the mechanic as it is, so people dont have to get used to a new name. And spamming serrated discs is still possible, but:
They only hit once.
You need a disc, 6 trapparts, 2 ropes/chains and quite a few worksteps for ONE large, serrated disc.

I also thought about doing special trapcomps only through trading. More spells, done by elves for example.

Uh, and good old narhiril has a beautiful mind. She gave me an idea for risky reactions. Instead of injuring dwarves, they are transformed into crazed creatures. Make a risky thing in the Temple ? Might have to fight a crazed blood demon spawned by armok. Will use this for the evil civs reactions, making necromancers and such. 

PS: I'm off then, see you tomorrow I guess.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 06:15:51 pm by Meph »

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, and good old narhiril has a beautiful mind. She gave me an idea for risky reactions. Instead of injuring dwarves, they are transformed into crazed creatures. Make a risky thing in the Temple ? Might have to fight a crazed blood demon spawned by armok. Will use this for the evil civs reactions, making necromancers and such. 

That sounds awesome. Maybe have some things like warpstone not actually kill? But mutate dwarves (if that actually works without making them hostile). Or maybe there's a way to cause a failed prayer or sacrifice at the temple to put a dwarf into a fell mood? Kill the nearest dwarf and make something grizzly. That would be pretty sweet I think.

Edit: Also I have to reiterate that I feel that the cost of golems is too low, there should be a metal cost for every golem, not just the cast.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds awesome. Maybe have some things like warpstone not actually kill? But mutate dwarves (if that actually works without making them hostile). Or maybe there's a way to cause a failed prayer or sacrifice at the temple to put a dwarf into a fell mood? Kill the nearest dwarf and make something grizzly. That would be pretty sweet I think.

Edit: Also I have to reiterate that I feel that the cost of golems is too low, there should be a metal cost for every golem, not just the cast.

could just up the cost for the cast
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

could just up the cost for the cast
Make it require the cast and a bar of metal for each conversion

Portalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to play without the texture pack?

Everything else looks great, but the texture pack just makes things confusing, for me.

And yes, I already tried disabling the 'graphis' option. Nothing happened.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Is there a way to play without the texture pack?

Everything else looks great, but the texture pack just makes things confusing, for me.

And yes, I already tried disabling the 'graphis' option. Nothing happened.

in /data/init/ open "init.txt"

look for

[WINDOWEDX:0]
[WINDOWEDY:0]
[FONT:(image name.jpg/png)] - make sure this points to the ASCII tileset in  /data/art/

You may disable window resizing if you wish.
[RESIZABLE:YES]

Full screen info.  The 0s below mean that the game will choose a resolution for you, but you can set it yourself as well.

[FULLSCREENX:0]
[FULLSCREENY:0]
[FULLFONT:(image name.jpg/png)] - make sure this points to the ASCII tileset in  /data/art/

And look for

[GRAPHICS:YES] - make sure this says NO

Then since everything is altered to fit the Phoebus tile set you need to go through all:
Vermin files
creature_standard.txt (all the main races tiles have been changed)
inorganic(s)
Plants
and Tools

And revert all their tiles back to the default ASCII, I wish there was a script I could run to make all the changes back to ASCII in and instant.

Warnipple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi.

Magma ammunition mint still requires fuel for some reason. I have the top right corner block over lava.

Also I'm unable to make ammunition from the ammunition mint despite having plenty of gunpowder, fuel and metal bars for the process.

edit: Just read the manual. Apparently I need bags.

edit2: Okay I have bags and gunpowder yet they won't combine. wtf?? The only problem I can think of is I didn't research guns from the physics lab. The only option I have there now is "Mad Professorum" anyway.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:23:51 am by Warnipple »

Tyty210

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm having problems with the arc furnace, trying to make slade powder. I have empty bags, as well as slade stones from a factory. Do I have the wrong -kind- of slade or something?

I really want to make a militia completely consisting of hammerers with slade hammers.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 749