Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834467 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@Mr Palau: Downloaded the drow mod and will have a look. Wont promise anything though. Also downloaded a wiki page about drows, since I seem to be one of the few here who dont know much about them. Saw them pop up now and then in some RPGs, but not much. NeverwinterNights and Baldurs Gate had some, no ? Drizzt...

@dynastia: checked the raws, i dont know if it really is broken, but I worked on the bone materials, because of the stockpiling problem I had. It "might" be broken. If this is so, I just fixed it.

@vikmgn: It is a Titan, not a megabeast. The small difference is, that Titans are randomly generated, and I cant mod them. If it really is causing a crash, then there is little I can do about it.

About the slaves:
It seems that getting former pets to work is impossible. This means no buyable slaves. But, on the other hand, captured invaders would work. I think I will limit the technology required to the new evil race. Would work like this then:
You capture a ton of invaders.
You cant do anything with them.
You get a evil caravan.
You buy super evil brainwashing magic something.
You transform captured invaders into slaves.
You have a 25% chance of getting resistance (invaders runs free/goes berserk instead)
This way you get 75% slaves, have to fight with the other 25%, and need custom tradegoods from the evil civ. The evil civ should arrive late in the game, so no abusing slaves in the start for quick citizens.

Again, I cant promise anything, and testing will be slow. I have to wait for invasion, cage enemies, then run tests. If I chance one thing in the raws, again to step one.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

What names should I take for the new workshop for traps btw ?

I like Engineer, or something with "Trap" in it.  don't use ones that are already jobs in DF like Architect or Manager.  The poison and rune traps sound very cool!

And for the evil civ: ...

Depending on which way you want to go with this, one advantage of drow or deep-dwarves is that even if you're a "good" or "neutral" fort, I can rationalize that you might consider trusting those guys just enough  to go in to the depot as see what they bring.  Daedra seems like something a lot of dwarves would attack on sight.

(By the way, !!lignite!! traps are pretty effective for looting caravans now that the wood wagons are back in, we discovered this by mistake during the Burning Skulls experience)

Words for items, gear:
for drow or deep-dwarves use i like your basic Vicious, Wicked, Vile.  These words it is "normal" to apply to an inanimate object

but a daedra, or worshipper of the deep ones might have weapons that were malevolent or depraved. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

100 votes. Most want a evil race, so I focus on that. Second place was used to be the traps, they are done, but the undead-killing priests are second now. Surprise ^^

@smakemupagus: So one could build a trap with trapcomps/trapparts made of anthrazite/bituminous/lignite and have an actual, perpetual burning trap ?  Do people walking over it get heat damage ?

I coul make tar/pitch then. A custom trapcomp, with 0 hits (hope that works) that only exists to be set on fire. I always wanted someting like that :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm probably late but I think engineer would be the perfect name for a more advanced "mechanic"

Mechanic doesn't really fit even with their current job, when I think of mechanics I think of them fixing stuff not creating things. Engineer sounds like they do more creating than fixing so my vote is for that ;p

I guess I will try a glacial embark. I recently tried out a evil zone and dwarfs started getting angry REALLY fast, and I was hugely focusing on getting underground asap. Most of them still were very angry by then but I managed to save the fort and get a semi-successful embark out of it.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Mr Palau: Downloaded the drow mod and will have a look. Wont promise anything though. Also downloaded a wiki page about drows, since I seem to be one of the few here who dont know much about them. Saw them pop up now and then in some RPGs, but not much. NeverwinterNights and Baldurs Gate had some, no ? Drizzt...

@dynastia: checked the raws, i dont know if it really is broken, but I worked on the bone materials, because of the stockpiling problem I had. It "might" be broken. If this is so, I just fixed it.

@vikmgn: It is a Titan, not a megabeast. The small difference is, that Titans are randomly generated, and I cant mod them. If it really is causing a crash, then there is little I can do about it.

About the slaves:
It seems that getting former pets to work is impossible. This means no buyable slaves. But, on the other hand, captured invaders would work. I think I will limit the technology required to the new evil race. Would work like this then:
You capture a ton of invaders.
You cant do anything with them.
You get a evil caravan.
You buy super evil brainwashing magic something.
You transform captured invaders into slaves.
You have a 25% chance of getting resistance (invaders runs free/goes berserk instead)
This way you get 75% slaves, have to fight with the other 25%, and need custom tradegoods from the evil civ. The evil civ should arrive late in the game, so no abusing slaves in the start for quick citizens.

Again, I cant promise anything, and testing will be slow. I have to wait for invasion, cage enemies, then run tests. If I chance one thing in the raws, again to step one.

I know that only the dwarven caravan arrives in the first year, which means that the elven and human caravans have to have been delayed, but is it actually possible through modding to make a caravan arrive later?
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, Steeloak is broken twice and Ironoak is broken once.  The reaction name in the reaction raw is different from the reaction in the Entity_Default.  One lists as STEELWOOD_MAKING the other is STEELOAK_MAKING (I think, or something similar, I don't have them with me right now to check.)

The 2nd break is for both of them, the initial reaction to take them from plants to logs makes STEELWOOD_SMALL:WOOD where the reaction to refine requires STEELWOOD:WOOD.  Same goes for IRONWOOD.  (Or maybe it is listed as OAK rather than wood, but the issue is the _SMALL tag).  I was able to fix it by adjusting the name of the reaction and adding _SMALL to the reagents of the Refining reactions and regenning.

Neat stuff by the way, but takes way, way too long to grow them.  Was debating making an industry around them rather than metal, was the only way I found the errors, but there you go!  Cheers.
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the enslaving, you could make this method way, way less reliable:
1. chances of damages on the enslaver
2. chances of escape (as you mentioned)
3. chances of killing the creature
4. (not sure if possible) very reduced lifespan, like a year at most.

Those would make it possible to get "easy" slave power, but not making them into real civilians.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Meph is the [PET] tag not just a caste level tag? could you have a rare breeding [PET] caste of your slaves, then have two castes that lack the [PET] tag? The castes that lack the [PET] tag would be really common so you wouldn't have the [PET] castes getting born more often. That way you can keep breeding pairs and the children (lacking the [PET] tag and thus able to work) be forced into slavery?

EDIT:
Just some theory :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@jayseesee: Wow, good find. Your fixed break more then they fix though, since you wouldnt be able to refine natural steeloak/ironbark anymore. Or traded ones. And all farmed trees/fungiwood/nethercap had the same problem that you stated. They produced wood, but couldnt be used in the timberyard as reagents.

I fixed everything, by removing the small tag from the wood created by farmed tree-plants. This way you get the normal wood out of them. :) Nice find. Especially the steelwood/steeloak typo in the entity file.

About the long time: did you try fertilizing the farmplot ?

@mrPalau: Yes, they have triggers like sieges. I can go with population number, traded value and fortress wealth. So I can have caravans arriving late in game.

@slay_mithos: We'll see. I am far away from this now. Sadly, buyable pets are a no go it seems.

@hugo: I dont know if that would work, but I will give it a try.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a question about the pregenerated worlds. I've genned many of them around 200-500 years and none seem to get necro towers. Is there any way to make those generate the towers?

I'll scan through the params to see if anything stands out that's not enabled but figured I would ask here first in case anyone knows offhand.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

@hugo: I dont know if that would work, but I will give it a try.
It's worth the try right :P we both want this to work lol

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@seraphyx: The necromancers seem to die out quite easily. I will make custom ones for fortress mode to attack you.

@hugo: tested, doesnt work. Once a pet, always a pet.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

@seraphyx: The necromancers seem to die out quite easily. I will make custom ones for fortress mode to attack you.

@hugo: tested, doesnt work. Once a pet, always a pet.
FUUUUUUuuuuuuu---- Have you even tryed transforming pets into dwarves?

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe that's what I did, not sure.  Forgot to load it onto my pen drive from work!  Doh.  But I was able to refine just fine.  I keep trying to try all the new and different stuff that I never play before, and I gotta say, I absolutely love this mod! :)

Never tried fertilizing before, might be something to look into.  Thanks!
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile

Hello everyone, this mode is great, however I experienced one problem during playing it. When megabeast has arrived after continuing the game my game crashes after 3-4 seconds. Do somebody know what may caused the problem?
Thanks for your attention.

I highly doubt this crash is something Meph had anything to do with.  Just out of curiosity, turn off TrueType and see if it still crashes. 
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 749