Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834437 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile

(what was written here was irrelevant to my point)

Your name just gave me a fantastic idea.  ^_^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@narhiril: What idea ? 8)

@slay_mithos: No idea about the elves/dwarves civs. I only helped humans a bit. But then again, I mostly run 10 year histories. Anyone has done science on world gen and civs ?

@mr palau: havent done testing with nestboxes, we'll see how good/bad it will be. As always.

@dix: Hell if I know. I cant test on MacOs, since I have no Mac. Ask kudakeru. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile

I can never find any goddamn iron ore in this mod. Is there a way I could make it more common?

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm the grazer / egg layer conflict is in vanilla http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Elk_bird

I think its now a conflict of egg incubating / pasture zone size / animal nesting AI.

I think the worst problem is that they may starve themselves, maybe down-scaling bird pasture zones to 1x1 is necessary? so they can eat while on the nest box? If the current AI makes them starve themselves or instantly kills the eggs if they move to eat then unfortunately i think its a hard coded thing that can't be fixed.

kudakeru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@dix: Hell if I know. I cant test on MacOs, since I have no Mac. Ask kudakeru. ^^

Oh, uh, crap.  I'll be home in about three hours.  I kind of completely spaced the settings application.  I'll have to think about the best way to do that.  Dix, you were able to get the Masterwork version of DT to run in WINE?  I don't want to make it a requirement, but I'm probably going to have to work with Meph to merge code from his modifications with the OS X version of DT.  The settings app I'll just have to build an OS X equivalent for.  That'll actually be the easier part.

For now the OS X package runs with the default MasterworkDF settings.  Sorry about that, folks.  I put it together while on the bus on my way to work this morning.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can never find any goddamn iron ore in this mod. Is there a way I could make it more common?

Are you using the pre-genned world parameters that come with the mod? Those should have minerals boosted to high enough levels.

If not, you'll have to create a world with advanced parameters yourself. One of the many parameters is how common minerals are. The LOWER the number in that parameter (minimum 100, default is 2500), the more common minerals are.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile

I always gen with minerals 100, and yes I have used the premade parameters.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm the grazer / egg layer conflict is in vanilla http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Elk_bird

I think its now a conflict of egg incubating / pasture zone size / animal nesting AI.

I think the worst problem is that they may starve themselves, maybe down-scaling bird pasture zones to 1x1 is necessary? so they can eat while on the nest box? If the current AI makes them starve themselves or instantly kills the eggs if they move to eat then unfortunately i think its a hard coded thing that can't be fixed.

can they eat grass under a nestbox, and would the grass regrow fast enough to feed them?
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can they eat grass under a nestbox, and would the grass regrow fast enough to feed them?

I have no idea. Maybe so maybe not.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(what was written here was irrelevant to my point)
Your name just gave me a fantastic idea.  ^_^
I'd also like to know about this idea.

I guess it uses the English signification of "slay"
For the record, it was just a nametag for "alliance Slayrick", a frensh artist group I used to play with on Diablo. They also had quite a good rpg minigame attached to their forum, and it was in 2000, when I first got 56K internet access.
Mithos is only a recurring character from the Tales of series. Though, it often is misunderstood as mythos, giving a whole other signification to the name.

From this, I could guess it involves killing those that lie, namely the vampires, maybe werebeasts?
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just tried.  They can not.  Confirmation of grazer + egg layer = suicide.  Hilarious though.
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just tried.  They can not.  Confirmation of grazer + egg layer = suicide.  Hilarious though.

I think it's a straight out bug as it's in Vanilla as well.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok so I am having issues with planting certain seeds after all. First they were not showing up in any of the menus above and below ground (checked all seasons), then in another fort the seeds I was looking for DID show up, but when I set it to plant they never planted. And I did have seeds with me that time.

Any ideas why it would do this? Am I doing anything wrong?

The only idea I have now is if I am only allowed to plant certain things in certain biomes? But I don't know why they would show up at all if I can't plant them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:38:15 pm by Seraphyx »

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An edited Harder farming raw to comment out the grazer tag on all domestic egg layers.

http://www.mediafire.com/?p72zsc31j0z2w81

A quick Harder Farming fix since i didn't know bird grazers were bugged when i suggested grazing be reinstated. All creature options YES. NO simple pets
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:42:50 pm by Ranik »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

re grazing poultry, genesis tried it and it didn't work

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52988.msg2912509#msg2912509

i don't know whether your implementation is different.  otherwise 1.3 sounds AWESOME  good work as always :)

lol, wow sorry you guys already had this whole conversation and i missed it somehow
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 749