Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834414 times)

Vondrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The news update are excelent, Meph.

I voted necromanters and evil civ (why you can't play with dwarfs like a duergar clan? :P). I will try the 10 year challenge, but i have one question... how i can change the min dwarf number to trigger the sieges of powerful invaders? (I preffer play with 50-80 dwarfs at maximun)

Thanks for your great work, Meph  ;D

JenniferG

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I was having such a great time with this mod, but then, suddenly, I realized that burrows are being entirely ignored!! Is anyone else having this issue?

Warnipple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but can someone explain guns to me real quick?

There are 4 types of guns

Musket
Rifle
Flintlock Pistol
Pistol x2

What are the benefits of each?

and ammo

small ammo for pistols
big ammo for rifles/musket right?

TheTinCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like this mod, but only for a few various features (standardized leather and soil, etc)
I'm trying to get this as close as vanilla as possible, with the exception of a very few features from this mod.

One thing that is bugging me is I can't get the tileset completly to the default. The characters used for stone and ores are different I think? and maybe the color scheme also?

how do I go about making it as close to vanilla dwarf fortress as possible (in regards to appearence)?

JenniferG

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I like this mod, but only for a few various features (standardized leather and soil, etc)
I'm trying to get this as close as vanilla as possible, with the exception of a very few features from this mod.

One thing that is bugging me is I can't get the tileset completly to the default. The characters used for stone and ores are different I think? and maybe the color scheme also?

how do I go about making it as close to vanilla dwarf fortress as possible (in regards to appearence)?

I wish I could help you, but I just wanted to ask if I could get a copy of your version!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Voted for infectous zombies and a explosive pet to replace the landmines (hermit crabs :p )

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time for a new fortress! Great work as always Meph  ;D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey, dont praise me before you have played it. A new release is always a time when I sit here and wait for the first report of: My still has a reaction called: Cheat, or: It doesnt work at all... and so on. ;)

@JenniferG: Burrows are hardcoded, I couldnt change them if I wanted to.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would just like to request gorillas be added to the armor-able list.   For a rad Planet of the Apes vibe!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hehe, can you even buy gorillas from elves ?

I also uploaded a new version for Mac Users. I got some help and kudokeru made a pre-installed version for me. Anyone wants to go through the trouble of making a linux version ? ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something you might consider for more convenient editing:

Instead of declaring the same properties for male and female dwarves twice, you could just use the [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:<name>] token.

Also, I found yet another typo in your manual. It says "Metakworking Guide"

Is there any reason why you did not include the Phoebus Tileset Assembler?

Now, on to actually playing the new version :D

dix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey! Thanks for your work!

How is the Mac version suposed to work? DF itself runs fine, but the rest of the utilities are windows versions. The setup itself is a windows version (and Wine complains about being a .net executable), and for what I'm seeing on DTherapist, it uses the windows memory layout files...

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a question about all the seeds. Some of them don't appear when I create farms (for above ground and cave) and I've tried to figure out what to do with some of the seeds several times and I just can't figure it out. For example the truffle seeds (along with a ton of others that don't show up in the options to plant), they don't want to plant anywhere. Same with saffron. What am I missing? I checked all of the seasons when trying to plant them as well.

Nevermind... apparently the ONE time I don't take truffles/saffron/etc... with me it shows up in the options to plant them. DF hates me.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:24:05 pm by Seraphyx »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wait Meph there could be a  problem with the grazering egg layers. Animals have to sit on their eggs, and on the nest boxs, if they get up the eggs die. If they sit on the eggs until they are starving, and then die, if they get up to graze the eggs die and animals can't reproduce. Does this happen or do the animals just get up and walk a short distance, eat and come back before their eggs die?
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The egg problem is not that bad, my hawks had no problems, only my hens had it once (out of three times).

Your best bet is to try again later if you see an animal starving with her eggs.

While I am at it, is there a way to check if a race is still alive?
I tried copying the world and abandon the fortress to check in legends and adventurers.

So far, it seems only the human survived the gen of 225 years (adventure propse me to do a human, but no dwarf or elf).
The thing is, no caravan ever came to my fort, and certainly not the humans either.

I did 4 new generation of Plains, I stopped the generation around year 220-230 for similar setup, and all had the same result for the races.

Meph, what exactly did you modify with the races (compared to the previous version) so that neither dwarves nor elves survive the other beasts?

For the informations, I had all invaders, cave races, easy FD and medium FD (minus furies, not confident enough for now to confront flying race sieges).
The strange thing is that before, humans would be decimated pretty fast (90 years max) but the other two would still be there and send caravans.

My guess is that the modification on humans to make them survive also made them massacre the two other instead of having wars over hundreds of years, being helped by other civilisations and beasts in annihilating the few that are willing to trade...

Any other input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:54:00 pm by slay_mithos »
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 749