Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834273 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #1110 on: February 21, 2012, 07:44:36 pm »

The Jewellers shop offers me the option to cut not only gems, but also metal ores, simple stone and even bonemeal. What happened?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 21, 2012, 08:01:11 pm »

The Jewellers shop offers me the option to cut not only gems, but also metal ores, simple stone and even bonemeal. What happened?

That's from Toady's update.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 21, 2012, 10:25:13 pm »

Well meph, about the wiki. most people have only ever messed with the more common wiki format that you see on wikipedia, magmawiki, etc etc.

after I figure out how to use the format you chose ill get to making pages for everything i can.

speaking of which, i got the main page up, and added a link to the relatively nice Caste page someone else made.

EDIT: started a page on what masterwork changes here.

Come on people we need to get the wiki up and running.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:07:28 pm by bombzero »

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 22, 2012, 05:58:41 am »

Custom FBs are rather impossible. I certainly did not do any. You mean Megabeasts ? and I run the little 10-year challenge, to see how the mod handles in long fortresses.

Is there any way to get error logs when the game crashes? Sometimes it seems to be random, sometimes it seems to happen when I alt+tab to switch windows (but I do this A LOT for reference info, so it could just be coincidence), sometimes it seems to happen after I pause, look around, designate stuff (anything) and unpause. So I'm not really sure what to tell you beyond that.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 22, 2012, 06:06:34 am »

I got my first vampire and my first crash in quick succession. Dude was really sticking out like a sore thumb among all the butt-naked migrants, wearing 3 pages worth of jewelry that couldn't even have been created by an entity_standard/ [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] abiding dwarf.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 22, 2012, 06:46:20 am »

I got my first vampire and my first crash in quick succession. Dude was really sticking out like a sore thumb among all the butt-naked migrants, wearing 3 pages worth of jewelry that couldn't even have been created by an entity_standard/ [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] abiding dwarf.

The excessive body part jewellery on vampires is a vanilla feature.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 22, 2012, 08:17:30 am »

Yeah, vampire are walking lag bombs, and if/when they die, they suddenly take all your fortress with them as they are trying to get the items from the field...

Edit: while I am at it, let's report a strange crash.

In two of my fortresses, the game stopped at some point (with the "debug or close" window, no actual error message).
Restarting from the most recent save, it crashes everytime around the same period again and again.

On one, it is on the middle of no event, but on the other, it is during the elven caravan.
I tried saving right before the caravan, it worked without problem, but once I get in the "crash time" and try to save, it crashes too.

Unfortunately, I didn't think about keeping the fortress and world, so I have no proof for that, and it might as well be directly related to vanilla and not the mod, but I though I might as well report it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:23:37 am by slay_mithos »
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 22, 2012, 08:22:14 am »

after I figure out how to use the format you chose ill get to making pages for everything i can.

Come on people we need to get the wiki up and running.

Thanks Bombzero, I'll try to help out as soon as I can.

MYSTICBADGER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 22, 2012, 08:30:33 am »

Thank you very much for this mod, DF2012 is finally playable on weak computers ! You're my bearded hero !

One problem, though, I can't find how to make golems. I've done iron casts, and when I imbue life, it only create small "flashes of lifes" or something like that, but that's all it does.

And do you know a way to change the amount to use at embark ? I'd like to buy more turrets (do they breed ?).

Thanks for your work, again.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 22, 2012, 08:51:39 am »

Blood Rain is definitely working in this mod.

I embarked on a half good, half evil map. The evil part of the map (also the part, where the local river starts) is filled with dwarf blood. I noticed it, as the river started running red, that was quite an awesome moment (also scary, since i noticed there were alligators in the river when i embarked).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 22, 2012, 09:27:51 am »

Found some sort of bug. Here are some images, the last screen has a short description of what's happening, the rest are my settings for Masterwork. I have no other mods installed and this is a fresh install. I've never experienced this before:

A video of the problem in action, REALLY bad quality but it illustrates what's happening fine. It's not rain. I've also had caravans seem to explode when unpausing? As well as some sort of crazy rain/death originating from the caravan and covering the entire map. The starting materials are also very odd. Like some sort of "vapor" pickaxe (and axes) and anvils all that have a value of about 10-20. None of the standard items seem to be available when embarking just things I've never seen before.

Another embark:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:45:47 am by Seraphyx »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 22, 2012, 09:32:59 am »

@mysticbadger- when you create a new world go to design an in there hit e for more options or something like that, then there will be a spot to input more embark points

@seraphyx- looks like something got corrupted possibly, try genning a new world, and then if it persists try a fresh download.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 22, 2012, 09:47:26 am »

I did. I generated several different worlds all with the default DF settings in "Create a New World"

Just uploaded another set of screens in my previous post. I'm going to try and just redownload everything. Maybe something is outdated but I don't think that's the case since everything was downloaded 1-2 days ago.

I think I MIGHT know what happened. The only thing I recently downloaded was the Phoebus Tileset. I dismissed that completely because I assumed it was only graphics but it seems it also edits items? If so then that's probably it, will redownload Masterwork and test that out alone.

---------------

I think that's exactly what the problem was, everything seems normal now with ONLY Masterwork installed and the included tileset.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:40:57 am by Seraphyx »

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 22, 2012, 09:49:16 am »

One problem, though, I can't find how to make golems. I've done iron casts, and when I imbue life, it only create small "flashes of lifes" or something like that, but that's all it does.

Sometimes it takes a couple tries - put imbue life on /R

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 22, 2012, 09:57:16 am »

How good is the Pike? I have a masterwork copper pike wielded by a mediocre dwarf, and he seems to murder everything he goes up against. His special attack also seems to pike their mouths, creating a spectacular shower of teeth exploding out of the entitity he is attacking.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 749