Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834279 times)

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #1095 on: February 21, 2012, 01:03:54 pm »

Meph, I have a question about how the armory and upgraded weapons work.  Do the upgraded weapons count as the regular weapon for uniform purposes? For example: if my uniform says maces, will the dwarf automatically pick up a flanged mace? Also, can the armory upgrade weapons while a dwarf is holding them? Seems weird, but I think that's what happened.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 21, 2012, 01:34:04 pm »

It seems that it is not only the backpack that are not recognized for stockpiles, I have a few items that refused to get stored, even with a stockpile with everything enabled.

While cutting gems, I somehow got a scepter and an other useless junk, I could even put images on them, but they never went to stockpiles.
Some mages ambushes (only ones I get for some reason, except for thiefs of various races) likes to come at the same exact time as the Dwarven caravans and Elven ones.
They usually kill each other, even the elves kill some mages.
The aftermath is a ton of stuff, and my limited population basically spend a full season to get stuff stored.

But Leather armours are always left on spot, and I had to mass dump them to get them inside the fortress. It works, but it is slightly strange behaviour.

@zeebie: no, they are different kind of weapons, you can see them on the W menu for equipment in the military. They shouldn't upgrade on their own if you say Mace, but I didn't get anywhere in the military, so I can't say for sure, except that there are definitely distinct categories in the equip menu.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 21, 2012, 01:49:12 pm »

Welp, have to end the challenge early on this run, first year autumn, something cause my top left corner of the map to cave in (I settled north of center), insta FPS-death.  Will try to get further on the next site (gonna respin the world, need to reduce the cavern size in case this happens again)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1098 on: February 21, 2012, 03:18:49 pm »

Cave Ins either happen when you embark, OR with your active participation. It is impossible to just randomly get a cave-in.

And I do know about the stockpiling. The problem is that all the base materials are inorganic, and the normal stockpiles do not accept those, since they are used to animal mats. I can fix it by creating fake animals with all the mats needed, but it will take a ton of testing. 1.3 will have it though, I am so sick of it. ^^

With that amount of people playing the mod I will have to be a lot more careful with testing and bugfixing. In the beginning it was 20 people, mostly modders, now I had over 1000 downloads in 2 days, and get several thread-pages a day. My major goal for the next version is bugfixing, not new features.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 21, 2012, 03:32:12 pm »

I just noticed that the Hammerer in the raws is not the fresh version.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 21, 2012, 03:44:30 pm »

With that amount of people playing the mod I will have to be a lot more careful with testing and bugfixing. In the beginning it was 20 people, mostly modders, now I had over 1000 downloads in 2 days, and get several thread-pages a day. My major goal for the next version is bugfixing, not new features.

Better than lazy newb pack I'd say, at least for me. Bugfixing's appreciated, hope this fort I am building will not crash after a few years of playing DF mode :] I preasume my previous fort crash (the save which I uploaded) was caused by the custom FB, so I have turned them off while generating this world I use now.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1101 on: February 21, 2012, 03:59:18 pm »

The hammerer has been changed ? I will check.

Custom FBs are rather impossible. I certainly did not do any. You mean Megabeasts ? and I run the little 10-year challenge, to see how the mod handles in long fortresses.

Oh, and I found the line responsible for no stockpiling:
Should be [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_RARE:LEATHER]
I use [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:INORGANIC:LEATHER]
So I will replace all material reaction product from inorganic to creature_mat, and make for each one a custom creature, called bone, fat, eye, brain and so on. A lot less work then I though, but testing will take a lot of time.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:05:39 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #1102 on: February 21, 2012, 04:07:20 pm »

These are just a few things i've noticed from my very first try at playing this mod today, they might be intentional etc etc! so apologies if they are!

I can't be certain but I'm pretty sure that the mod has somehow affected the migrant waves, I'm getting children with masses of skills, like a two year old with 'master' mason & engraver levels.. whilst this is nice, its a little .... over the top? tiny levels in things would be good, but such high skill levels kind of feels a little cheap.

I had a dwarf in bed (resting injuries) in a bedroom and I wanted to move him to the hospital - so I de-constructed the bed. But it still says he's resting and none of the dwarves have come to put him in hospital. Is there some way the mod could be affecting it?

I've noticed I can't 'commission' wooden beds from the manager? am I being derp? when I type bed I get craft rock bed, and dismantle rock bed, and dismantle wooden bed, but craft wooden bed doesn't seem to be there!

I don't want it to seem like I don't like this mod though! I am very interested in what it does! Still learning how to use everything etc :) :)

it's really cool well done! :D

I really feel like it needs its own wiki, ha! I had a prophet of armok or something hovering at the edge of my map for ages, no idea what to do with him!

also, final thing, how do I get bones? I can't butcher the horse skeletons I have? AND what on earth do I do with skill essence?!

edit: I just realised the  skill boosts etc come from which caste they are from? makes sense!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:20:13 pm by lemmily »
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1103 on: February 21, 2012, 04:15:15 pm »

Ok, I did not change hospitals, I couldnt if I wanted to.

The kids are part of a caste, way overpowered right now, but I already lowered it. Way better for the next version, using castes and a guild system. Can even be mixed.

Cant tell about the manager, did no testing with it.

Bones should be same as always. I get plenty from butchering. depends on the creature size and body part though.

Skill Essence: You did kill a megabeast then, nice. Build a "Creature Reserach Lab" and get a free legendary combat skill of your choice :) PS: Manual ;)

EDIT: Just checked the new nobles, shiny. The hammerer actually has a custom skill for executions, that means you can make different types. A sword/axe executioner for decapitations, or my Prophet, you would use a staff. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:24:44 pm by Meph »

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #1104 on: February 21, 2012, 04:24:08 pm »

thanks for the speedy reply :)

yeah I haven't had many creatures to butcher, so the ones I did manage to maybe they were too small!

right ok, I kind of thought that might be what I needed to build. I haven't managed to make fire safe blocks yet to test it! I have the manual open, but the research lab bit says that it needed a megabeast corpse, so i thought the essence might have been something else :)
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 21, 2012, 04:30:25 pm »

@lemmily - Wooden beds are made with 'Construct Bed' - a bit counter-intuitive, but it's because in vanilla there are only wooden beds.
                - You can't butcher skeletons, it's the same in vanilla. Only animal corpses killed by hunters can be butchered I believe.
                - The manual has lots of very useful information, and I believe a wiki has been set up.
Hope that helps :)

@Meph
Bit of a random question, but having seen your achievements with transformations and reaction s (i.e. golems), I was wondering how feasible it would be to have a way of armoring war animals, e.g. War Elephant -> Armored War Elephant. It would perhaps be another use for armor plates (if they still exist in the latest version). Just a thought, although I'm sure you've got enough on your plate as it is! ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1106 on: February 21, 2012, 04:36:03 pm »

@lemmily: Bad choice of words in the manual then, I noted it.

@flobulon: Possible, although natural armor bodyparts are more hugo_the_dwarves area of expertise. Possible though, would require a custom creature for each upgrade-able creature though. Awesome idea btw, armored war dogs. I like this. I could even give them a custom graphic, but there is so much randomness with transformation as it is, that testing will be interesting. :) Really, good thinking. EDIT: Just wrote hugo about an armored dog, and I have a skeleton reaction set up for it. After some testing I will tell you how it turned out, might take a few days though.

PS: I dont work on the wiki. 20 people voted for: Yes, and I help. 5 people registered, 2 people wrote something... so much for that ;) But lets give it some time.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:41:47 pm by Meph »

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 21, 2012, 04:42:22 pm »

RE:  Cave-In

I've no idea what I could've done to trigger to cave-in in the last one as I was nowhere near the point of collapse.  I did channel my entrance drawbridge to the magma sea, doubt that'd drop the world though xP

But now that I've made a new world, cave-in on embark on a few embark sites on this map, not cool.  Guess I'll spin another again, to chores!  Any idea about the "can't mine designated tile" bug?  I've never encounter it in vanilla.  It's a few page back for the save, if it's a DF issue, ignore :P  I'm gonna give up on the challenge with the custom stuff, want my proper stockpiles, but in the meantime, I noticed your worldgens are WAY FASTER than vanilla.  Gonna see if I can spin a world with masterwork and then stick it into vanilla.  Newb idea, brainfart and forgot what mod means ><
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:20:01 pm by Feb »

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 21, 2012, 06:54:11 pm »

Very interesting mod with good ideas (assuming they work :P). I like the fact that everything is optional, and the FPS-improving options do seem to work, even though some of that is probably due to my using a 4x4 embark most of the time, while here I stuck with the default 3x3.

Does the archeology workshop work for anybody? I have mined out some cases and chests, and all the reactions are red and only show the reagents/products when I hit enter on them.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 21, 2012, 07:09:32 pm »

Does the archeology workshop work for anybody? I have mined out some cases and chests, and all the reactions are red and only show the reagents/products when I hit enter on them.

You need to cut the chests, etc., at a jewelers shop first.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 749