Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834256 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #1065 on: February 20, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »

I am trying to tweak so some of the different wood are different colors.  Something like Scrap yellow or grey, fine red, fungi white, nether blue. I just changed STATE_COLOR and DISPLAY_COLOR.  Any idea why that doesn't work?  Does it require a new world?

[INORGANIC:FUNGI_WOOD]
   [STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:WHITE]
   [DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:1]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 20, 2012, 08:58:33 pm »

I am trying to tweak so some of the different wood are different colors.  Something like Scrap yellow or grey, fine red, fungi white, nether blue. I just changed STATE_COLOR and DISPLAY_COLOR.  Any idea why that doesn't work?  Does it require a new world?

Are you changing it in the raw folder? If so, you have to change it in the world's save's raws instead if you want to have it work in your current save without regening.

If you are already doing that and it's not working, I'm stumped, sorry.

EDIT: As for the reactions to drop, I'd have to agree with previous people for:
1) dropping most of the boosted-brewing stuff, except for the best boozes.
2) dropping the dozens of different reactions for the javelins and such, and making a generic one instead. If that's too micromanagy, then make just a few for the most sensible combinations of weapon and metal, plus one generic for anyone who feels like micromanaging to make gold weapons for some reason (I like making gold weapons for ornamental purposes. Not everything has to be made with only efficient combat in mind!)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:03:41 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 20, 2012, 09:46:41 pm »

Yep, I changed it in the existing worlds' raws too, thanks though!

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 21, 2012, 12:51:04 am »

Took up your 10 year challenge, I didn't even get to get past digging my cave :\

Unable to mine certain part of the map, initial embark, fresh install with a few changes before gen.

Here's the save
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5639

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 21, 2012, 02:01:43 am »

I tried using the Settings.exe, but all the raws changes I did there didn't actually work. I'm guessing it's either changing the wrong raws or its not doing anything at all.

Edit: Actually, I don't even know how to get it to stop using the provided tileset and revert back to ascii. I've manually changed every single init I could find and still nothing.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 21, 2012, 04:45:36 am »

The Magma Safe Workshops seem to ignore stone restrictions, and the dwarfs are making blocks out of meteorite.

E: Deadly traps hidden in collapsed are a bit unfair, because it doesn't alert you to their position. Anyway, they seem to be bugged. My miner struck one, started flashing red. 'Has sustained major injuries' recently too, but in the health screen and the wounds screen show nothing. No blood either.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:56:02 am by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

rohit507

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 21, 2012, 05:59:05 am »

hmm, the golemancy reactions don't seem to work for me. At one point i stuffed every hauler i had in that workshop and ran the reaction. The flash of light happened, but i have no golems. This is especially sad because i was counting on golemancy to cull my dwarves, and now i just have to drop them down the puppy chute with the puppies i use to make make everyone less sensitive. It's starting to clutter my dining room with mutilated corpses. :/

(great mod btw, makes the game a ton better)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:02:27 am by rohit507 »

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 21, 2012, 08:03:41 am »

My turrets dont seem to actively attack invaders. Do I need to give them war animal training? My beetle however, was valiantly farting on a kobold thief.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 21, 2012, 09:37:57 am »

hmm, the golemancy reactions don't seem to work for me. At one point i stuffed every hauler i had in that workshop and ran the reaction. The flash of light happened, but i have no golems. This is especially sad because i was counting on golemancy to cull my dwarves, and now i just have to drop them down the puppy chute with the puppies i use to make make everyone less sensitive. It's starting to clutter my dining room with mutilated corpses. :/

Sometimes the reaction doesn't work, maybe one time out of four. Just set "Imbue life /R" and it'll work eventually.

rohit507

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 21, 2012, 09:49:53 am »

will do, but I don't really have the iron to waste :/

ZaZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 21, 2012, 09:58:29 am »

Okay I have another probably easy problem to fix that seems to be a bug. I've had a few dwarves die of various causes both natural and violent, the problem is that while the dwarves appear to be 'buried' in that coffins are being occupied, the bodies are being left behind to rot! I can't dump them and I can't do anything with them except wall them off to prevent miasma spread. Worse still even though coffins are being occupied ghosts are still appearing. Is something wrong here?

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 21, 2012, 10:18:14 am »

Scale waterskin and backpack doesn't get recognized for Finished Good stockpile, not sure about chitin.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 21, 2012, 10:21:24 am »

Meph, some interesting bugs for you:

* there's something wrong with the giant animals the elves sell - the dungeon master doesn't recognize them as trainable.  This worked ok in the last version, must be something new.
* I can assign labors to children - I have a two year old miner digging right now.
* I've noticed that your new workshops with custom reactions sometimes have trouble recognizing that a reagent is present unless it is on the same z-level. For example, the blast furnace will have make charcoal grayed out (unselectable) unless the wood is on the same level. However, if I put the orders in the manager, it accepts them fine.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:43:15 am by Zeebie »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1078 on: February 21, 2012, 10:40:44 am »

Wow, only bug reports... lets see:

@zeebie: If yes, then that is because of the new DF version. I might change them to pet, from pet exotic then. Easy solution.

@feb: is known, the reason is the generic mats. I know the solution, but had no time to actually add it yet. Same goes for bonecrafts and some leathertypes btw. I need to make fake animals bearing these mats, instead of inorganics. Was busy doing the same for trees, had to make a fake tree for all wood types. Fun. -.- (really annoying, since everything works, except the stockpiling) I am downloading the safe, quite a curious bug.

@smakemupagus: Ha. do not change the inorganic mats, I dont use them anymore. Check the bottom of plant_masterwork.txt. I had to make fake trees to produce the generic wood, to allow DF to stockpile everything. Change the colors there. :)

@zaz: that does not sound like a bug from the mod, all that is hardcoded. Check your hauler/order settings ingame.

@rohit: I know the issue and fixed it. The golem cast will stay, you only ever need one. I made 7 different types for the next version already, for different mats.

@simonthedwarf: I never had that problem, but I havent tested the new interactions. I had to replace all material breath attacks with interactions since 34.1

@mitchewawa: the workshop only respects the actual melting point of the mats. It uses the firesafe and magma safe token, ignoring everything else. No other way to do it.

@umiman: You do know that this mod does not support ascii ? And that all changes in the settings require a new world gen ?

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ZaZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 21, 2012, 10:56:07 am »

Great I'll look at that when I get home.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 749