Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834192 times)

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #990 on: February 19, 2012, 04:09:57 pm »

Maybe for the harder farming grazing values we should look at the values on

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Grazer

to get an idea of how to properly balance things?

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 19, 2012, 04:15:46 pm »

Yeah I meant as in plant in farm plots plantable. I think the kind of tree farm you are think of is more like this kind of Tree Farm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Tree_Farm_System#American_Tree_Farm_System) where you basicly just have a large plot of land with forest on it and the governemnt (in this case the American one) gives you a certificate a sustanible, environmentally friendly, Tree Farm that still maintains native wild life the eco-system and water quaility. Then you occasionaly harvest trees off that land at sustainable rates. What I am thinking of is the much more industrail industry of Christmas Tree Farming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree_farming). Basicly since people cut down all the native Christams trees farms have had to be established to grow new ones. 98% of all Christmas trees are grown this way. The farms are entirly for profit and you will see that the trees are planted in lines and treated like any other farmable crop. They use fertilizer and pesticides. Most people on the farm work full time so its not like they just walk away and let the trees grow by themselves. So I think it would be entirely possible to implement something along the lines of Christmas tree farming for trees both above and below ground, all with 15th century techniquies of course because that is form the time period the game is based on. Also this would be the explanation to how elves get their wood without cutting down trees, an ever present in universe contradiction. It wouldn't really be that hard to mod in right?

Also on the topic of slaves I would love it if we could capture invaders and turn them into slaves, would there be anyway to implement that after the planned evil race is added? Of course there is the issue of Dwarven Ethics, but first of all that hasn't stopped us before, and I am sure the Dwarves wouldn't mind a couple of Goblin or Elven slaves.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:26:11 pm by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 19, 2012, 04:26:34 pm »

In all honesty, the skill for imbuing life into golems should be potash making.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #993 on: February 19, 2012, 04:29:21 pm »

@ranik: Thanks, that is helpful

@Mr Palau: I thought more of treefarming as done in DF in the current moment. I cant add them to farmplots without heavy modding, since trees do not act like plants. I could make a farmable tree though, but I cant make normal trees farmable. The can only drop logs, no seeds, not mulitple items, I tried. I would make a plant, called "tree" that is not edible, does leave seeds, and creates "rough wood logs" in a custom reaction, probably in the timberyard.

@jax15: Why ? They are made of metal, so I guessed a smith-labor is ok. Any other ideas ?

I took the old poll down, people liked GUI, Industries and Bugfixes most. This means I have to improve on the invader and the flavor then ;)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:31:46 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tolarean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 19, 2012, 04:32:08 pm »

'lo there. I seem to have two little problems with this awesome mod of yours.
Archeology doesnt seem to work right for me. First time i tryed it out, i found lots of weapon racks, and got weapons out of it alright. In the same fort though, when i found more clusters and such, the job was red.
Also, in my new fort i dug out a "rough treasure chest" but the arch. doesnt want to recognize it.

And another problem, i guess im just not getting it... but even when i have fuel, i cant smelt anything.  (Serves me well for not wanting to use a volcano for once...)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 19, 2012, 04:32:18 pm »

@jax15: Why ? They are made of metal, so I guessed a smith-labor is ok. Any other ideas ?
Because then we can easily turn useless dwarves into golems without having to temporarily make them not use that smithing labor.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #996 on: February 19, 2012, 04:37:45 pm »

Archeology needs cut gems. If you get large gems, cut them in half in the gemworkshop to get two small gems for the archeologist.

No smelting aviable, even with fuel aviable should not be a problem of the mod, but I suspect a human error from your side. Sorry, but if smelting was broken, other people would have noticed.

@jaxy15: Ok, point taken. Why potash making, and how should I better limit it, ot which labor would thematically fit better ? I usually use Strand_Extraction for everything Religious, and Alchemy for everything Sciency.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Prats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 19, 2012, 04:44:27 pm »

Meph thank you for your great mod! I can't stand vanilla Df anymore  :P

Can you do something with vampires in Dwarf Fortress mod? Is there a way to disable it? Or maybe mod them that they were able to drink blood from vermins or from invaders...or maybe from babies and not from dwarfs :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #998 on: February 19, 2012, 04:49:12 pm »

I shouldnt post so much here, but there you go:
These lines can be found in the adv. world gen. If you want to play without vampires, just set the number for them to 0. Same goes for all other weird new critters and features.
   [DEMON_NUMBER:22]
   [NIGHT_TROLL_NUMBER:26]
   [BOGEYMAN_NUMBER:26]
   [VAMPIRE_NUMBER:26]
   [WEREBEAST_NUMBER:26]
   [SECRET_NUMBER:52]
   [REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER:52]
   [DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:52]
   [EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER:26]
   [EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER:26]

So, to answer your question: Yes, they are optional.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #999 on: February 19, 2012, 05:18:05 pm »

@Mr Palau: I thought more of treefarming as done in DF in the current moment. I cant add them to farmplots without heavy modding, since trees do not act like plants. I could make a farmable tree though, but I cant make normal trees farmable. The can only drop logs, no seeds, not mulitple items, I tried. I would make a plant, called "tree" that is not edible, does leave seeds, and creates "rough wood logs" in a custom reaction, probably in the timberyard.

Since tree farming farming is nice (yes I said farming twice on purpose) How you rework this for your mod is up to you, just a thanks for the golem casting factory ;)

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: February 19, 2012, 05:27:14 pm »

Checked. Poachers are treated like the invaders - they leave no corpses, only bodyparts (the one I used for testing left a dozen of teeth laying here and there). Also I had a vampire accident. One dwarf died and zombified, then killed the other dwarf and a few animals. I had to strike resulting zombies a few times before i managed to dispose of those bodies. This means your dwarves/animals are not treated like invaders and their corpses are a threat in "resurecting biomes".

if you want corpses back, edit the raw/objects/creature_standard.txt, search for all the lines that say [ITEMCORPSE:LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD] and delete them. I tested in arena mode and goblins/humans left corpses in addition to whatever bits got chopped off before they died, and all of it got reanimated by a necromancer.

Many thanks in advance. I'll check if that works soon (tm). If it does my dwarves and caravans will hate you eternally, hahaha.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 19, 2012, 05:36:27 pm »

So Hugo's reaction adapted for the Lumber Yard should look like this correct?
[REACTION:PROCESS_SMALL_TREE]
[NAME:process small tree]
[BUILDING:TIMBERYARD:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:LOG_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:LOG_MAT]
[PRODUCT:65:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT]
[PRODUCT:15:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT]
[SKILL:WOODCUTTING]

EDIT: And I can just insert the farmable trees into the plant raws and regen the world and I should be all set for tree farming right?  Also does this mean that hter is only a 80% chance to recieve a seed from the reaction?

What are the odds of a tree producing a seed with this line of code (which i assume determines the number of seeds spawned when a plant is fully grown?)? Will it only always produce one seed?
[SEED:tower-cap spawn:tower-cap spawn:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:43:00 pm by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1002 on: February 19, 2012, 05:39:50 pm »

In theory yes. He adds custom plants that look like trees, just what I said. But thanks a lot, a finished solution to an idea I posted 10 minutes ago, nice :)

These plants must be collected/bought first though, the woodcutter wont touch them, since they count as plants, same as plump helmets or whip vines.

@unclecern: I can confirm that this works, nothing else is needed.

EDIT: I'll be offline now, see you guys later... probably not too soon though, have some RL stuff to do.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:55:11 pm by Meph »

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 19, 2012, 06:01:08 pm »

Meph, is this what you need?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1004 on: February 19, 2012, 06:07:18 pm »

EDIT: And I can just insert the farmable trees into the plant raws and regen the world and I should be all set for tree farming right?  Also does this mean that hter is only a 80% chance to recieve a seed from the reaction?
Not a %80 chance, you might want to up the "65" to "100" as this is how it works

%65 to produce a seed(s) from the plant(s)
%15 to produce a seed(s) from the plant(s)

I made it %65 because of getting spammed/ overflowed with seeds, so having a chance not to get seeds is a risk to tree farming I surpose

What are the odds of a tree producing a seed with this line of code (which i assume determines the number of seeds spawned when a plant is fully grown?)? Will it only always produce one seed?
[SEED:tower-cap spawn:tower-cap spawn:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
A plant that has [TREE:xxxx:xxxx] will not produce a seed even with a [SEED:xxxx:xxxx] tag, due to trees only being saplings and trees (not harvestable plants)
So I created another smaller plant that takes most of the needed materials from its "larger" tree version.

So I guess the answer to your question is "Vanilla system will always produce one seed if eaten/brewed with a chance to produce more"

But if your asking about my reaction it will created Logs and Seeds X stack number

so a pine[5] would produce 5 logs and %65 to make 5 seeds with an extra %15 chance to make 5 seeds

Does this help? Or have I totally misunderstood your question(s)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 749