Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834195 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #975 on: February 19, 2012, 01:19:17 pm »

Well meph, it would appear that Toady and you are at odds on this one.

the resurrection areas are a major release in the .34 releases, might wanna check if toady fixed corpses in the new release and consider re-adding them.

also, with the production of armor bug in the screwed up release a bit back, i have an idea.

you could make high boots, one of the chest armors, and helms slightly rarer knowledge than low boots, the other armor, caps.
« Reply #976 on: February 19, 2012, 01:57:19 pm »

cool mod

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 19, 2012, 02:23:50 pm »

I'm finding that the new release and mod are running much slower - like half the FPS. Anyone else having trouble?

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 19, 2012, 02:25:43 pm »

Have anyone else the problem that everywhere are streams with stagnate water(no swamp bioms)? The funny thing not the entirety stream have stagnate water only a few places are stagnate water the other are fresh. ???

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 19, 2012, 02:36:34 pm »

Checked. Poachers are treated like the invaders - they leave no corpses, only bodyparts (the one I used for testing left a dozen of teeth laying here and there). Also I had a vampire accident. One dwarf died and zombified, then killed the other dwarf and a few animals. I had to strike resulting zombies a few times before i managed to dispose of those bodies. This means your dwarves/animals are not treated like invaders and their corpses are a threat in "resurecting biomes".
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 19, 2012, 02:36:36 pm »

Meph, are you ever going to make underground trees farmable? It would make tree farming much easier, in terms of space required, although it would require more labour.I say underground trees because all my farms are underground so I do not know if the mod includes possibile tree farming above ground.

EDIT: Also does the Crematorium allow the destruction of entire corpses, of non-vermin creatures, and body parts? That could be the solutoion to the problem of constantly reanimating corpses.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:43:45 pm by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 19, 2012, 02:44:02 pm »

Come to think of it, when exactly did corpses get broken?

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 19, 2012, 02:47:46 pm »

Got an embark with rough hew cave fungus walls, when mined (yes mined, it's like some kind of stone i think) it leaves slime.  What is this slime, what dose it do, and why do my dwarf's collect it as soon as it drops?

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 19, 2012, 02:59:07 pm »

Got an embark with rough hew cave fungus walls, when mined (yes mined, it's like some kind of stone i think) it leaves slime.  What is this slime, what dose it do, and why do my dwarf's collect it as soon as it drops?

The cave fungus replaced microcline, I believe. Instead of leaving rocks behind it just leaves slime. Your dwarfs are cleaning it up.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 19, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »

Come to think of it, when exactly did corpses get broken?

As far as i know it's a feature which reduces clutter. But making that optional would be AWESOME :]

There's another strange thing concerning ghosts which i'd be more concerned about. Some guy in my fort was burried and he did raise as a ghost. Rare... Sadly I savescummed so no more info about that.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 19, 2012, 03:23:42 pm »

Sorry I talked to meph a bit and was thinking more about using corpses as reagents. IE Bonfire -> burn corpse

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #986 on: February 19, 2012, 03:41:28 pm »

Ok, a bit much to answer everyone. BUT. Give me a list of things that hinder the adventure mode, and a few simple mods I should include. Wanderersfriend and deons witcher mod ? As long as they only affect adventure mode, I can easily just add them in.

And yeah, Invader corpses back in (or optional) sounds like a valid idea, with the new reanimation. About the rains: I only played once, and get a rain of dwarf blood, but no evil-transforming mist (the one spring I did play) Anyone can confirm evil rains in this mod ? I did not mod anything about them...

Harder Farming makes all plants grow half as fast btw. I might add graing to domestic animals as well to this button, to make farming even harder ;)

@Mr Palau: What do you mean by farmable ? As in: Plant them in farmplots ? this would be a bit weird. Normal treefarms are just big open spaces, and it works in masterwork just as in vanilla.

@broken corpse token: Reaction do not accept corpses as ingredients. This is all. This also means, that a funeral pyre/crematory does not work. Only bodyparts and vermin corpses.

@material size and armor/weapons: I will try using the 450*x again I had before. 1 bar for each is too easy ;)
______________________________________________________________________________________
Here a pre-written post by me:
A request: Could some people please post screenshots that show the reaction selection in a workshop ? I work on a small netbook and would like to know how much space you people have before the name of a reaction gets too long/goes of the screen. I noticed that truetype helps immensely, I guess about 2,5 times as much space for text. I would rewrite most reaction names then, to make them more informative/better sounding.  If anyone could tell me an exact number of character that would help as well. As in: 20 characters is fine, 25 might conflict with long hotkeys (Alt_X for example) and 30 is too long, the last letters cant be read.

Several people have asked about a wiki for this mod. I personally thinks that would be a bit over the top, but on the other hand I know every detail in the raws in my sleep. Do you want a wiki ? The biggest part of the work would be done by the community, as intended for a wiki. I would visit, read and correct it (if necessary) though.

I made two brand new discoveries with tranformation.

1. I can transform animals into sentient dwarves/slaves. These are tame, but can learn skills, can be assigned labors, and perform labors. Proof:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2. I can tranform dwarves into dwarves with special properties, WITHOUT loosing the name, and WITHOUT getting a tame tag. This means I can make sorcerers, holy-armork-warriors, witchers, whatever. You find the needed items, be it plants (make epic booze, drink, become epic for a short time), be it special itemcorpses (kill dragon, eat heart, get fireimmunity/firebreath for ever)

Besides this I discovered that tranformation into golems does not cause bad thoughts, and that I could make it temporary. Not for golems, but maybe I get other ideas.
___________________________________________________________________________________
tl;dr: I need some screens of workshop orders, a confirmation of evil rains,  a list of things I should change to make adventure mode better, and would like to know if a wiki is wanted or not.

EDIT: No comments on the runic weapon upgrades and new combat logs ? Good, bad, too silly, doesnt matter ? ^^
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:46:24 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

aantn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 19, 2012, 03:44:15 pm »

Any chance we can enslave other dwarves, even ones in our fortress, and work them to death without food or water in order to finish megaprojects?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #988 on: February 19, 2012, 03:49:11 pm »

Yep, slaves are a planned future feature, buyable from a new evil race. Brainstorming is going on, is in the theoratical state of progress. Nothing solid yet.

And I forgot the changelog, I made some stuff yesterday evening

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 19, 2012, 03:55:16 pm »

Checked. Poachers are treated like the invaders - they leave no corpses, only bodyparts (the one I used for testing left a dozen of teeth laying here and there). Also I had a vampire accident. One dwarf died and zombified, then killed the other dwarf and a few animals. I had to strike resulting zombies a few times before i managed to dispose of those bodies. This means your dwarves/animals are not treated like invaders and their corpses are a threat in "resurecting biomes".

if you want corpses back, edit the raw/objects/creature_standard.txt, search for all the lines that say [ITEMCORPSE:LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD] and delete them. I tested in arena mode and goblins/humans left corpses in addition to whatever bits got chopped off before they died, and all of it got reanimated by a necromancer.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 749