Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834155 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #960 on: February 19, 2012, 03:41:48 am »

did you accidentally turn off Dwarves Gather Food on the 'o' menu?
Holy crap, that's what it was. Thanks a lot.

You're welcome!  I have no idea why that option exists. 

Acds

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 19, 2012, 05:18:19 am »

I'd post about how awesome this mod is, but I'd imagine that has been posted ad nauseam by now.

However is there a way to have the invaders leave corpses again? Since the dead reanimating in evil biomes is one of the big features of the new version, when the bodies disappear it makes my miner who just spent a season digging out the zombie moat very sad.

Rain908

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 19, 2012, 05:38:16 am »

I guess this mod isn't meant for adventure mode, corpses disappear when I kill them, so I'm unable to loot anything.

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 19, 2012, 06:32:38 am »

I guess this mod isn't meant for adventure mode, corpses disappear when I kill them, so I'm unable to loot anything.

Unfortunatly yes. Trouble me since i like to get one mod, generate one big world and play on it for a looong time before moving on. I like to switch adventure and fortress mode too.

Maybe one day we will see a "adventure compatibility" button in the launcher?

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 19, 2012, 06:59:13 am »

34.02 compatible?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

aantn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 19, 2012, 07:00:14 am »

34.02 compatible?
Yes, use the DFFD link a few pages back.

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 19, 2012, 07:06:51 am »

Great mod. Except for the lack of ASCII tileset. I am so used to Matrix-style image, I can't see without it anymore  :)
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 19, 2012, 07:07:29 am »

Yay~ i'm so unlucky i dont get map's with sand. :'( Otherwise, it's all ok in my game... so long. :D

@Whivy: yeah i would like a option too, to "pause" a fortress and take a break with a adventurer. But i dont have hope in that option. :-\

Edit: In adv. worldgen the isle parameterset seems a bit... uhm... strange to me? I dont know why. xD Are a few more parameter set's exists? ^.^
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:12:13 am by kizucha »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 19, 2012, 07:13:47 am »

Ah, this mod is great, so far I am loving the Island preset, but I still miss the good old StoneSense and similar mods that would let me know where the caves are without showing them ingame, so that I can at least plan to not go strait into a lake.

Also, the modded DT is great, but it doesn't account for the new job, and the two bees jobs are still always shown as 0XP (bug coming from older versions and never fixed as nearly no one uses these jobs).
I have no idea if it is possible or not to mod it further to ass those added skills, but it would be really great, completing the tool.

Anyway, thanks for the mod.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 19, 2012, 07:23:52 am »

This mod is great! Just tested my first proper embark using it and I enjoy it a LOT. I especially enjoy the feature which makes leather and wood names more standard. And the new orc race. And new hard farming! It's so fun on glacial embarks (sometimes even !FUN!)!

Now about a few things I have noticed. I tried 10+ evil embarks and could not see any evil clouds or rain. I may be just very unlucky though. On the other hand I did found a few regional disturbances causing dead bodies to reanimate as undead.

I'd post about how awesome this mod is, but I'd imagine that has been posted ad nauseam by now.

However is there a way to have the invaders leave corpses again? Since the dead reanimating in evil biomes is one of the big features of the new version, when the bodies disappear it makes my miner who just spent a season digging out the zombie moat very sad.

This as well. Is there a way to introduce the possibility for invaders to drop corpses again? Or can one do that himself/herself by changing some things in raws?

Final question: let's say i generated a world with 5 races and I play it. Then I enable more races in the settings. Will they appear sieging my fort or do i have to generate a new world with all those races turned on in the menu?

Ok, i'm back to my fort. Need to encrust more gobblets with those gems so I can buy all that wood elves brought with them.

Cheers and many thanks for a lot of good fun!
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 19, 2012, 07:39:32 am »

How much harder is farming? I agree that farming in normal DF is somewhat of a joke compared to say, getting up a lot of masterwork steel armor/weapons, but it can almost be hinged on a description of "somewhat challenging" if you try to have a lot of DIFFERENT types of drink in your fortress.

Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 19, 2012, 07:45:25 am »

Farming has two main changes, and an optional one.

1. Crops take longer to grow
2. Underground crops can be grown all season (no season underground anyway, so it makes sense).
Optional. Add a lot of new crops.

And you can now order specific brews from your still, meaning you can make different brews and keep the dwarves happy from that.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 19, 2012, 07:49:46 am »

Downloading the new version now, looking forward to trying it out in an evil biome. Since undead corpses disappear now it means I only have to deal with corpses getting up once. Still though, are you considering removing that feature now with the new mechanic for undead?

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 19, 2012, 09:13:22 am »

Hm i think i have a problem maybe a bug with masterwork, my plant harvester has harvest really mutch but nothing harvested. :-\ Not 1 plant not 1 seed exactly nothing. ???

edit: only "plant harvesting", farming is working.

edit²: ignore me... my slow stupid harvester has finaly harvest a prickle berry. wuhuuu... a larg field and only one prickle berry that was awful.^^"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:24:16 am by kizucha »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 19, 2012, 10:15:22 am »

Downloading the new version now, looking forward to trying it out in an evil biome. Since undead corpses disappear now it means I only have to deal with corpses getting up once. Still though, are you considering removing that feature now with the new mechanic for undead?

I have found that the corpses like "yak skin" or "yak hair" raise like in vanila DF. Which is - you kill that and it raises again and again. I expect that those dissapearing corpses are only ->invader's<- corpses, i.e. sieges. i may be wrong on the last part though. Right now i'll be checking what happens to killed orc poachers.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 749