Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834135 times)

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #930 on: February 18, 2012, 06:12:26 pm »

Dwarf Therapist isn't reading all dwarfs - I don't know if that's an update or mod issue.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #931 on: February 18, 2012, 06:42:53 pm »

@zeebie: It is most likely a Therapist issue. I am not sure which one to add: the updated version that reads 34.2 correctly (if it is finished) or my patched version that reads the castes correctly. I will try to combine those ;)

@dawnofdarkness: currently not trainable. More science with tranformations has to be done.

@narhiril: Yup, never saw anyone post so much absolutely correct and obscure answers as quietust.

@whivy: I dont test adventure mode, but what you say is all correct. I removed eat/drink from other races, so they survive worldgen easier. Most clothes are removed because of clutter, dwarves can only make a few...

@smakemupagus: You cant craft them yet. I plan this: Make a rune out of metal. Then take a weapon + rune = upgraded weapon. Same system as my "armorplate+armor=platearmor" and "bayonet+ranged weapon = bladed/bayonetted ranged weapon"

@aantn, zeebie, starhero: Ähm... thanks I guess ;)

@uncle cern: Of course they are included, but I havent played .34.2 yet, so I dont know how common/rare they are. All the new features are untouched, the only thing I did is the little thing with the golems.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Anyway, today is not one of my best days. First the cable from the laptop breaks, I clutch it together with tape, then some idiot drags his backpack through the cable, ripping it out, frying my laptop. Nice. Got it working agin though, otherwise I wouldnt post here. Then I check my bike, and notice that some (imagine a ton of swearwords here) just stole some of my stuff, among it my brand new 50 dollar pump, just bought in Bogota, unused. -.-

Still, I managed to finish the weapons, here have a little look. I have backsteps, sidesteps, reverse cut, forward cuts, haymakers, uppercuts, impaling, goring, running someone through, whirling around, backhanded strikes and many many more. And 2 special runic attacks, AND 2 special individual attacks for each epic weapon. I also raised the chance for epic weapons from 2% to 5%.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
__________________________________________________________________________________
PS: Currently thinking about "extra butchery items" a new feature that allows to create any item by butchery. A cave beetle could produce chitin (as always) and a premade "chitin shield". Or a golem would leave 5 bars of its metal and a statue. Or a fluffy wambler leaves a "fluffy white fur hat" Random things like that ;) This would lead to much more insteresting options of domestic animals, and people would breed them for special items produced by them. Imagine a rock crab that has 10 stages (growing 10 times, instead of child-adult) and that produces more outcome the older it is. Or a porcupine-similar animal that drops 10 weak, but premade "menacing spikes" upon death. Breed it, butcher it, build a quick defense.

Also: Race specific trapcomponents, with the better ones only avaible through trading.
And: Good rains, appear only in good biomes, have benefitial syndromes, for example higher speed, or healing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 07:12:12 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 18, 2012, 07:07:40 pm »

hey meph might wanna update your init files, as there are several minor changes to it with the new version such as the description of settings,

also traps except cage traps are on by default in vanilla adventure mode right now, as you can now detect them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #933 on: February 18, 2012, 07:20:36 pm »

Init files are updated, believe me, I spend 2 hours fixing a crash. Turned out to be tileset related and was in the init.txt ;) I left the traps off (this mod does not work for adventure mode anyway), but I dont quite get what you mean with: description of settings ?

That leads me to the question: Does anyone here wants to write a adventure mode friendly version of this mod ? I certainly wont, I never played adventure mode, but with the new update it seems to become more popular. My old poll here showed that only 6% play it over fortress mode... thats why I did not really bother with it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 18, 2012, 07:27:24 pm »

well what i meant was that i noticed the description of traps was the old one, and they were set to no. but traps are present in worldgen sites now.

and yes, this may be a good point to start branching out to adventure mode, as it seems to be getting more attention throughout this arc of development.

Stoutpants

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
    • View Profile
    • Drunk Fortress!
« Reply #935 on: February 18, 2012, 07:34:44 pm »

This is amazing, I think I might replace Lazynewb with this.
Follow my Drunk Fortress here!

aantn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 18, 2012, 07:35:46 pm »

I'm using the 0.34.2 version and my fortress of 40+ is never attacked. I created the world with all races enabled. Is there something else I should do?

aantn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 18, 2012, 07:41:14 pm »

One last thing: Is there any chance you can include the mod to restore dirty words?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100787.0

I too have replaced LNP with Masterwork. Is there a GitHub repository or whatnot for people who want to help out?

billyfig

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 18, 2012, 07:44:55 pm »

two quick questions, can the mines hurt each other, and can the turrets shoot though fortifications?

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 18, 2012, 07:52:37 pm »

Well, since the poll asked for what you liked most about the mod...I'll chime in and mention how my most favored part is alternative production paths.

I haven't seen coal in an  embark for months and don't beeline for the magma, so when I saw you could create biofuel out of plants and booze, I thought that was pretty snazzy.
Similarly, not too long ago I embarked on a location with some interesting geographical features, but there was no ore other than copper and silver.  Normally I'd have grumbled and moved on, but the mod allows suitable equipment to come from both wood and leather.  "Awesome," I thought, "I can stay in this place and just deck the warriors out in toughened leather!"  All in all I was really pleased.

That's only the half of it.  I really like what was done with trade good value and the cost of things in the caravan; you actually need to put some sort of effort into creating value now if you want to import what you want.  The special goods each race has are worth pumping out trade goods for (though I disable guns/golems/landmines for aesthetics/fluff reasons, so they don't have much of interest for me...maybe they could sell blueprints that allow the smelting/production of really high-end materials?).

A lot of other changes I really like as well; simplified trees/wood I like way more than I should, and the library system inclusion means I no longer have to download the higher learning mod.  Not having to fix whips (and all the other fixable vanilla problems) myself in every version is a major plus as well.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 18, 2012, 08:01:11 pm »

That leads me to the question: Does anyone here wants to write a adventure mode friendly version of this mod ? I certainly wont, I never played adventure mode, but with the new update it seems to become more popular. My old poll here showed that only 6% play it over fortress mode... thats why I did not really bother with it.
bombezo is right is getting a lot more attention this release, although I doubt it is actually more popular. The same people who played adventure mode before have been much more active on the forums after the release, making it look more popular. This mod is also mostly geared toward fortress mod so I figure that puting a lot of the changes into adventure mod would have little effect on adventure mod. There are also a lot of mods out there that already do mroe to make adventure mod more fun exciting than this mod probably will do for some time... being written by a primarily fortress mode player.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 18, 2012, 08:08:39 pm »

I'm using the 0.34.2 version and my fortress of 40+ is never attacked. I created the world with all races enabled. Is there something else I should do?

I genned a world earlier just to browse legends, and noticed that all of the civs were incredibly docile.  I could only find a single war in 150 years of history, between dwarves and frost giants.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 18, 2012, 08:49:41 pm »

hey meph despite toady supposebly fixing the number of bars for smithing, it is broken in your mod...

only takes me one bar to make weapons and armor, more for furniture though.

Emulated_Reality

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 18, 2012, 09:01:50 pm »

I have generated several worlds but not one has had a necromancer tower in it. I checked legends and necromancers exist but none have written books or inhabited towers- in fact they have not done much of anything at all.

I wonder if this problem is also related to SalmonGod and aantn's findings of docile civs.

Edit: Seems that this is related to the difficulty increase from this mod and FD. With the right settings and a bit of luck it is possible to still get the towers to be built.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:44:45 am by Emulated_Reality »

Rykan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 18, 2012, 09:14:22 pm »

Man, who's bright idea was it to make these burning skulls? They enter the map and immediately the entire forest is on fire with no way to stop it, making the game slow to a crawl. In addition they apparently don't die, I thought skeletons being unkillable was fixed. This made my fort a massive waste of time.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 749