Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834114 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.2 - Generic wood and weaponupgrades
« Reply #885 on: February 17, 2012, 02:32:29 pm »

Yes, it works in 1.2, sorry for confusion.

@smakemupagus: Did you say mithril works, or does not work ? (I suspect a typo)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.2 - 34.1 done, working on bugfixes
« Reply #886 on: February 17, 2012, 03:56:42 pm »

Ok.

I just remade the golems. No more free golems ;) I wanted to try the new fancy stuff out at least once, so I made a golem transmutation. A new building, the Golem Forge, and a new toy, the iron golem. You can take 5 iron bars, make a golem out of it. Then take a dwarf and the iron golem toy, and transform him into a golem. This should simulate that a dwarf is giving his lifeforce/soul to imbue the golem with life.

Testing is ongoing, but it looks good. Only problem that might arise is that the boiling stone does not always affect the dwarf, but we'll see.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 17, 2012, 04:21:05 pm »

As always, magma is a solution to everything.
By the way, I've been meaning to ask this before, even though it's a bit silly: how do these additional features work? Golems, turrets and the like, I mean. I had a few stray gun turrets as migrant pets, which looked kinda funny, but never bothered much. They're supposed to be stationary, right? Built like a bed or something? Golems are kind of like war animals, assigned to a dwarf, or just wander around, and you just hope they will be at the right place when the fighting starts?
I admit, I turned off these things when the first few stray turrets showed up, and didn't bother with it. But it sounds awesome in theory, so that's why I asked.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 17, 2012, 04:37:01 pm »

hey meph, its been proposed that boiling stone workshops can be replaced with workshops based off the new systems. not sure how though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #889 on: February 17, 2012, 04:50:11 pm »

Well, about how to use the 4 dwarven constructs:

Station decoys on a raised platform, visible but unreachable, and watch enemy archer waste all their bolts. They die super easily to blunt damage though, but are rather immune to edged.

Landmine should be in twisted corridors, OR one Z-lvl above, and then pitted. This way you can throw them at invaders below. Beware of ranged units, they will snipe your mines. ( Ice landmines freeze (unconciouss) the enemy for a short time, so use one of those, then rush with your army, as long as the enemy cant fight back... dust landmines push people around, so use them with cagetraps or deep pits.)

Golems can by wartrained and support melee units, OR you get a lot and station them as guards. I usually use them to guard my cavern entries. They can take on most unarmed monsters, never sleep, eat, drink, flee... of course they are also quite good against archers.

Turrets are the ranged version of golems. They have special abilities, use them in the situation that suits them most (fire on the surface is dangerours, webs near cagetraps is awesome, and so on.) They suck in melee, but have unlimited ammo. Station them behind fortifications, or moats. They might die to archers though.

All 4 of them act like pets. You can butcher them (gives you nothin but kills the creature for good), you can train them (giving them a slight boost) and you station them by using 1*1 tile pastures. This works quite well for me. Major advantage of mines vs. traps it that they "see" trapavoiding creatures and ambushes. Put a lot of mines in the countrieside, and watch ambushes that try to ambush the landmine, blowing themselves up. Also take out aggresive melee animals, like ogres.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I will start uploading now. Just one new features, but fixed 10 bugs, and it is compatible with 0.34.1 The new feature is: Buildable golems. You can built a golemforge, and produce golem casts. Then imbue a new golem with the life of a (volunteering) dwarf. Currently only iron golems to test the new feature. And of course, to see how you like it. I also made weaponry/armory aviable to everyone, till I work out how tradegoods work. You dont need blueprints anymore, so go ahead and upgrade your weapons and armor ;)

################################
####   PATCH 1.2.1 #############
################################

Compatible with 0.34.1 !!!

Fixed the burning of wooden equipment
Added a low chance of coal for all crematory reactions, except refuse/vermins corpses
Fixed boots and gloves.
Fixed traders bringing coaldust (untested, would need to wait for a caravan)
Fixed the inorganic mixup with the new version.
No error log with DF 34.1
removed utterances from goblins, they should have proper names now.
nerfed occurence of ironbark and steeloak. now grows in every biome, but is rarer.
Fixed cobalt making, yuhu, the second time. I added the reaction class to the metal:cobalt, instead of the stone:cobaltite. This way you were able to make metal out of metal, and nothing out of the stone. -.-
Removed [IS_STONE] from the 3 coal dust stones.
Removed adv golem and added golem forge. Test for the new abilities. Transforms dwarves into iron golems.
Changed patternweld metals to: welded metals. A lot shorter.
Removed blueprints from weaponry and armory. You can built them whenever you want.

EDIT: Well, if you figure out how, I am the first to listen. I can only see the new syndrome ingest, nothing about applying it directly. Would be great though, I use boiling stuff too much already, and with an alternative people yould turn of temperature.

EDIT2: Took the old poll down, 101 votes, mostly for more flavor without clutter, second best: flavor with more clutter. I will remember this.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:12:27 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - FOR 0.34.1 with Golem Forge
« Reply #890 on: February 17, 2012, 05:36:00 pm »

How about imbuing the Golems with the life force of animals, pets, or enemies, or Elvin caravans?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #891 on: February 17, 2012, 05:45:28 pm »

Could be done. Making dwarves immune, and pasturing pets on the workshop, then running the reaction. Turns everything nearby into golems then.

Problem: Do you really want HOSTILE elves to be tunred into HOSTILE golems ? ;)

I also like the idea of dwarves sacrificing themselves to serve the greater good. And it is more balanced, turning every invader into a golem is... slightly... broken.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 17, 2012, 05:47:41 pm »

hey meph is it safe to just dump the LAA executable into masterwork? as the RAM boost would help with longer worldgens, but i dont know if any of those bug fixes you mentioned a while back would be affected.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 17, 2012, 05:48:59 pm »

1 little Question, the war with human and elves are permanent? Or are they friendly again in a "few" years or so? :-\

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 17, 2012, 05:54:54 pm »

I also like the idea of dwarves sacrificing themselves to serve the greater good. And it is more balanced, turning every invader into a golem is... slightly... broken.

Yeah, I see your point. 

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 17, 2012, 05:57:34 pm »

pretty much just like vanilla, a number of things in Masterwork are broken, it falls to you whether or not you abuse them. that's the great thing about DF.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #896 on: February 17, 2012, 05:58:08 pm »

@bombzero: The fixed exe is no longer included, because no 0.34.1 version exists. You can use the buffered one if you like. I thought about including it, but I wanted to wait for narhirils answer about an update first.

This also means that material size, wagons and magma/fire safe tokens no longer work.

@kizucha: They have diplomats, so you can make peace.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 17, 2012, 06:08:52 pm »

It will be interesting to see if Golem'ing some dwarves leads to unhappy thoughts for friends.  Either way I am picturing Golem factory as a mental health facility to rehabilitate tantruming dwarves.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 17, 2012, 06:27:15 pm »

It will be interesting to see if Golem'ing some dwarves leads to unhappy thoughts for friends.

That's almost certain, since technically, they die.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 17, 2012, 06:31:02 pm »

Okay thx for the quick answer, and thx for your work. :)
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 749