Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834097 times)

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.2 - Generic wood and weaponupgrades
« Reply #870 on: February 16, 2012, 02:19:28 pm »

Elven traders react as though I've offered wood items no matter what I'm trading (in this case, all gem war hammers).  Anyone else have this happen?

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 16, 2012, 03:03:06 pm »

My second elf caravan just arrived on my map and immediately and inexplicably died. The horse and donkey they brought are both dead at the end of a trail of blood, with "his upper body is gone" in their description. I can't find the merchants on the map or the stocks screen, and their description (from the units screen) has all their body parts melted and dripping blood. There's nothing in the combat log.

Anyone else encountered this?

Edit: To be fair, I'm not too bothered about this. I didn't have enough prepared food to buy all those awesome animals anyway. Free dragons!

Edit2: Wait, do Plaguebearers do their thing from inside a cage? That might explain why all my looted animals seem to be bleeding.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:24:06 pm by Nice Save »

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 16, 2012, 03:41:51 pm »

Either the invaders for my save are broken, or they just got really smart and started avoiding fortresses built into the side of a volcano.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #873 on: February 16, 2012, 05:41:05 pm »

I am back.
I will be busy (bugs and new release)
I also regret the premature release of this half-done 1.2. I should have waited and tested more. I wanted to give you guys a treat for the time I am away, so you dont have to wait for the next DF, but obvisously it was a mistake.

About the mentioned issues:
Gloves and Boots should be forgeable, I did not know that rare/uncommon does affect it.
Burning Skull should burn, yes. Unkillable, no. (I removed bodyparts from them, I did not like them having organs)
Coaldust is taken 1:1 from the avarage coaldust mod, but I found out the problem:
The trades bring coaldust-stones, these evaporate upon entering the map, and the traders wont trade.
Coaldust can be turned off with the "harder mining" button.
Chrashes... I hate crashes. Could you guys sent me some saves ? I really hope it is not the landmines/turrets
Leatheritems / Boneitems are not stockpiled proberly, because of the generic materials, thats true. I havent found a solution for this yet. Bonebolts/ammo on the other hand works perfectly.
I have also seen an underground siege by antmen (with 3 shields each, awesome) that were using a hellwood trident. Hellwoods only grow you-know-where, and shouldnt be aviable, same goes for slade-kobolds ;) I will check the caverncivs then. I did kill them with dfhack (magma) since I was playtesting caravans/trading at the time, and even after all of them were dead, the SIEGE was still active. I dont know if this is because of the dfhack, or if underground sieges are broken. Anyone else having that problem ? I mention it, since one user had a batmen siege that wouldnt go away.
Different embarkraces are still on my list, although very low on it, since it is one of the biggest things I could do.

I will now work on a compatible version for 0.34.1, fixing the mentioned bugs, ask admiralawesome about his tileset-changing-script, AND have a look at the new version, to see what aweseome ideas can now finally be done. So, expect an update in a few days, about these issues.

Primary goal is bugfixing and the .34.1-compatible version.

A question for you: Did anyone recieve a human caravan that sold blueprints, could you order them, and how much did they cost ?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:47:20 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 16, 2012, 06:22:28 pm »

Welcome back!  I for one am having fun with 1.2, and it fixed some bugs too anyway.

Not a major thing but would you consider putting in different color for the different grades of wood/leather (at least fungi and nether, but maybe fine and scrap are different shades of brown too?)

I never had underground sieges go away on their own, but the tag went away if I attack and killed them all.  I didn't notice though, if the long SIEGES mess with above ground caravans arriving.  Humans died out in the world I played longest, so I didn't get to test blueprints.  In fact, I've had trouble gen'ing a world where our Mountainhomes have surviving Queen or other leaders.  They're not necessarily extinct, the faction exists and I embarks, in most cases migrants and liason show up. 

Lets see what did I notice,

Mithril smelting works.
Shell craft stockpiling seems to be broken.
"Rocktip  rocktip bolts" are piled but not used.
Turrets, and Adv. Golems are hard to use without killing friendlies or otherwise wrecking your own base, perhaps that's as intended.
 Bread or candy reactions seem to work a couple times then stop.

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page
« Reply #875 on: February 16, 2012, 07:04:50 pm »

I was just wondering if it were possible to instead of having several invader species just to have one "Vile Force of Darkness" species, which would include a melting pot of different enemies. Like the chaos hordes in Warhammer Fantasy, for example.

I just thought it was awesome when I was besieged by Tigermen and simultaneously ambushed by Frogmen. I thought it was cool to see the Beastmen working together to try and kill me.
(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 16, 2012, 07:08:13 pm »

beastmen are a race in and of themselves, there was no working together.

also i think the point is that some of them work together and some fight eachother based on ethics.

while your idea is neat, it would mean you would ALWAYS get those races seiging together, even though it would not always make sense.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #877 on: February 16, 2012, 10:06:12 pm »

To get the Generic leather, and bones and stuff to stockpile correctly, make a creature that has several types of your leather(s)

creature:LEATHER_GENERIC
NAME:animal:animal:animal
---then your leather/bone calls here example---
weak/thin/soft
tough/thick/rough
strong/studded/hard

in which they will show up as: "Hard Animal Leather" when processed properly by using the material pointers for the tissues/materials.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 17, 2012, 07:49:52 am »

Meph, I've noticed some weird materials available for building workshops and such, including: bacteria, brilliant light, and fire.

Oh, and I've tested this: the elves definitely think gem war hammers are made of wood.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:01:54 am by Zeebie »

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 17, 2012, 08:32:43 am »

I mention it, since one user had a batmen siege that wouldnt go away.

Well they never give up until the mission is over. They are vengeance. They are the night.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 17, 2012, 09:55:32 am »

A question for you: Did anyone recieve a human caravan that sold blueprints, could you order them, and how much did they cost ?

I have never had a caravan that sold blueprints.  Also, the human caravans seemed to stop coming after seven years or so.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #881 on: February 17, 2012, 10:58:15 am »

Thanks hugo, I was thinking the same.

I fixed some bugs, the boots and gloves can be made again, traders wont bring coaldust-stones, fixed cobalt making.

@smakemupagus: Did you say mithril works, or does not work ? (I suspect a typo)

@All: The .34.1 compatible version is done. I nibbled away the 219kb errorlog to nothing. :) I will now check how far the dfhack, therapist and the tilesets are for the new version, and might have to redo my therapist caste patch again ^^

EDIT: WOW. I just embarked, and all the inorganic mats are mixed up. I have wooden/rock food, surfaceanimal fish, coal and bone anvils, and so on. No errorlog though, and I did not change anything in the inorganic mats, so fixing this will be an awesome amount of fun...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:18:05 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.2 - 34.1 done, working on bugfixes
« Reply #882 on: February 17, 2012, 12:08:17 pm »

I am sure thatI am using 1.2 though when I click hyelp->about it tells me 1.0. the problem I noticed is that when I went to burn wooden equipment it was burning my steel equipment instead.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #883 on: February 17, 2012, 12:42:42 pm »

Yes, the wood reaction was for any inorganic wooden item. Since I had to change it to generic plant mats (no stockpiling otherwise) the reaction looks for a specific inorganic mats, cant find it, and then just accepts ANY inorganic mat. So all metal items will be burned. I am working on it.

The embark screen is ok btw, I had some duplicates. Currently work on my own generated bugs, so a release for the 34.1 version should be later today.

The biggest problem are the supporting third-party applications. Dfhack, Therapist and to forth. I do believe I have to remove those for now, till the authors do update them.

EDIT: Tested therapist (works, it updated automatically, even my patched version) Soundsense should still work, not much change there, and the init editor does work as well. Next on the list is dfhack, dfusion and stonesense.

EDIT2:

Fixed cobalt making
Fixed the burning of wooden equipment
Added a low chance of coal for all crematory reactions, except refuse/vermins corpses
Fixed boots and gloves.
Fixed traders bringing coaldust (untested, would need to wait for a caravan)
Fixed the inorganic mixup with the new version.
No error log with DF 34.1

Work is going good. 8)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:13:32 pm by Meph »

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 17, 2012, 01:12:53 pm »

dfhack is something I can live without. I only ever use it for cleaning and for the vdig command. If everything else works, I'm really looking forward to you releasing the new version so i can finally try out the new DF patch ;)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 749