Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834040 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

are you telling me we could run a food industry from GIANT mushrooms as well as little ones??? awesome...

im liking the tech tree idea with 'blueprints' makes more sense than the typical RTS game style of, ok you can research this amazing technology (that we have named and know the detailed effects of without being aware of its existence) and all it takes is 30 seconds and 500 gold.

buying technology from your neighbors makes more sense.
also... the lumber yard seems quite nice as its a heavy investment for a long term gain, rather than instant gratification.

dragonly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@dragonly: Because the are moving to a new home, the brewery. I added the specific plant/drink reactions and noticed that the sill is quite full. I want to add a bigger, better still called brewery  that upgrades existing drinks, or makes batch drinks. I guess these were the reaction you miss, Royal drink (50) ?  I found it too easy to just make them in the same building, with the same ingredients as normal drinks. Next time, better drinks will be harder to make. If you post the water/sugar, I will see how balanced it is ingame and add it, it is a good (and realistic) idea.

What I threw together is pretty rough, and not entirely sure if it's fully configured to your mod, but this is what I was going to use. I renamed the reaction titles, but left the names as they seemed sufficient. The water idea was from Pancho Cachondo's post, and sugar was just thrown in by me. I thought the last reaction could use a wheat base (similar to a mash). Could take it a step further by using something akin to Intensifying Mod's inorganic yeast product.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:08:10 pm by dragonly »

vagrantelephant

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I recently downloaded this mod, and tried out the garden of gaia seed. However, no matter how many regions I made and which civilizations I chose, there were no subterranean crops available at embark. Normally it wouldn't bother me that much to not have plump helmets and pig tails, but AFAIK oil can only be made from rock nuts and I need that to make bio-fuel, one of the major things I wanted in the mod. Is this WAD or a bug? I don't understand why none of the dwarven kingdoms have subterranean crops. Thanks and I'm looking forward to actually starting up a fortress with this mod.

These are my settings changes:
white-tiger yes
undead no
warlocks no
creeper no
harder smithing no
harder smelting no
weaker traps no

Vondrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have other great problem... i don't have access to magma workshops, and  smelts ores reactions don't work  :o

Play with standard config except creepers, giants and harder smelting.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:17:19 am by Vondrak »

Dawnofdarkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey Meph i was just just playing and bought a large treasure chest from a caravan but it wasnt moved to my gem stockpile so i wasnt able to open it..... i was wondering if you know whats up with this?

(oh and i did have idlers so that wasnt the problem)

If Toady implements it, we can kill elves with it.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile

hey Meph i was just just playing and bought a large treasure chest from a caravan but it wasnt moved to my gem stockpile so i wasnt able to open it..... i was wondering if you know whats up with this?

My guess is that treasure chests are handled as gems, so the caravans (and probably you, too, at the jeweler's workshop) are able to cut them, encrust with them, and produce "large" ones as trade goods in the same way you would see "large ruby" or the like.  While it sounds like "oh cool, a LARGE treasure chest!," it's not something you can use without a reaction either specifically for it or a reaction to split "large" gems into smaller ones.

Just throwing out some possible solutions. ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:17:12 am by narhiril »

Dawnofdarkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My guess is that treasure chests are handled as gems, so the caravans (and probably you, too, at the jeweler's workshop) are able to cut them, encrust with them, and produce "large" ones as trade goods in the same way you would see "large ruby" or the like.  While it sounds like "oh cool, a LARGE treasure chest!," it's not something you can use without a reaction either specifically for it or a reaction to split "large" gems into smaller ones.

The thing is is that you open a large chest at an archaeology workshop which i had. the problem is that because my dwarfs wouldn't bring the chest to the gem stockpile i couldn't open the chest and get the materials from inside.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile

The thing is is that you open a large chest at an archaeology workshop which i had. the problem is that because my dwarfs wouldn't bring the chest to the gem stockpile i couldn't open the chest and get the materials from inside.

Ah, ok.  You'll have to forgive me, I'm not quite as up to speed on this mod's current features.  Looks like it's time for me to update my archive.

Curious.  Try defining a new burrow over the workshop and the current location of the chest and see if the workshop recognizes it for the reaction.

Dawnofdarkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, ok.  You'll have to forgive me, I'm not quite as up to speed on this mod's current features.  Looks like it's time for me to update my archive.

Curious.  Try defining a new burrow over the workshop and the current location of the chest and see if the workshop recognizes it for the reaction.

that might work. I also tried placing a gem stockpile on the same tile as the chest after i had deconstructed the trade depot.....still didn't work.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile

that might work. I also tried placing a gem stockpile on the same tile as the chest after i had deconstructed the trade depot.....still didn't work.

Workshops tend to do weird things with burrows sometimes.  Give it a shot and let me know if it works.

Vondrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... anyone other having problems with magma furnaces /workshops? (Don't appears)  :'(

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... anyone other having problems with magma furnaces /workshops? (Don't appears)  :'(

ok so i must first ask the mandatory redundant questions.

1. have you discovered the great magma sea?
2. did you embark on a volcano?
3. did you possibly get the glitch where you found a piece of the magma sea, which is actually a flooded air pocket/deep shaft and didn't get the message?

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

um im having a problem turning anthracite into coke. For some reason it doesnt appear in the smelter, yet i have anthracite and fuel.

Vondrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok so i must first ask the mandatory redundant questions.

1. have you discovered the great magma sea?
2. did you embark on a volcano?
3. did you possibly get the glitch where you found a piece of the magma sea, which is actually a flooded air pocket/deep shaft and didn't get the message?

Oh, shit... i don't know that because all of my others fortress are in volcanos... thanks, Bombzero.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

same question as Stronghammer. I was so exicited when i found out my location had a lot of anthracite and then when i tried to smelt it in the magma semelter I had no option ot smelt it. also is there a guide anywhere for metel working in this mod? becuase it is really complicated compared to vanilla.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 749