Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834003 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im geussing my priests do the writing since they are the most idle?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Probably, but you gave a good idea. I made a priest caste. Natural skills in Strand extraction, consoling, pacifying and teaching (this one for writing books)

I went through the (long) list I posted, and finished 2/3 of it, mostly the easier stuff.

Importan stuff: Generic wood types, two sieging armies might fight each other, nobles for all races, pure minerals that give twice the ore, and some bugfixes (corpse cart, iridium, nails, batch smelting, bonemeal-flux, stonebolts not being stockpiled)

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:22:08 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmm not bad, however one thing id like to point out, bone crafts are also not getting moved in 1.1 cluttering up the craftsdwarfs workshop, im assuming this is true for ALL bone items, but have not checked yet to a combination of greed and a seemingly non-hollow spoilerite vein. which was in fact hollow.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I definetly know that bone ammo is moved, dont know about crafts, never make any.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i had 3 20x20 rooms full of bones, so i made some crafts,

also with bone throwing weapons, dont get moved from shops. but crafts and thrown weapons would be a hell of a lot harder to fix...

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey i embarked on a cave and inside was a sky dragon and 5 advanced golems with bunch of others
so far the golems have sought world domination in the cave as they have killed quite a few random monsters

btw the cave is barren aside from the mass webbers and a few bat remains
on embark i can take raw titanium for $3, woflramite for $15 and marble for $3 (aren't flux stones suppose to be 6?)
also on 'some embarks i can't take any underground plants, i usually re-gen the world when this happens and i've noticed that the dwarfs typically only have 1 civ

btw any chance of a stone/metal/alloy guide? that is if u get the time of course
now to plan the capture of the beast and the demise of some tough golems..
awesome mod btw, doubt u need to hear it anymore though lol
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A updated guide on metal crafting would be nice...

heres the basis of it, advanced > normal > nothing.

some are intuitive by name i.e. fireproof.

as far as steel goes, damast is the new name for battle steel.
lightweight is for crossbow squads that you still want some protection from.
fireproof is rarely needed, unless you are interested in the Creature Research and have a overpopulation of Fire Clowns. or a dragon camping out by your front door.

pattern/arc welded metals are superior for just about everything.

also for a decent late game weapon, if you lack a heavy metal for hammers, try slade mauls.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I am looking at changing the metals, so I wont make a new guide for the current ones. Although I updated the manual about them. Here you go:

NEW METALS:
Wolfram: heavy, for hammers
Chrome: valuable, for decoration
Titanium: valable and light
Cobalt: Similar to Iron
Mithril: Light, good for armor/weapons.
Slade: For everything. Hard to get.

NEW ALLOYS:
Chrome alloy
iron + chrome = steel grade metal (same as steel)
Name: Stainless Steel

Titanium alloy
electrum+titanium = super valuable metal, non-weapon grade (for furniture)
Name: Patternweld Titanium

Wolfram alloy
gold + wolfram = heavy metal grade metal (for hammers)
Name: Patternweld Wolfram

Cobalt alloy
iron + cobalt = iron upgrade metal (slighly better then iron)
Name: Patternweld cobalt

Mithril alloy
mithril + iron = very light iron (for archers)
Name: Feather iron

Slade alloy
slade + adamantium = epicness*100
Name: Slademantium

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

by the way, noticed you tweaked the smelting accident occurrences a bit, much better as i don't have every one of my year 1 furnace operators succumbing to arsenic poisoning by year 6.

also, slademantium gives me a reason to get adamantium again! (never used it before as i dont really favor cutting weapons in my military.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

It's adamantine, like the luster quality.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Another idea of mine, this time for the last empty, modable vanilla building, the tanner. More leather reaction:

This is a lamellar leather armor. Works. :)

Production process:
skin => leather
leather+water+oil=> tough leather   (or take leather from tough creature, elephants for example have this by default)
tough leather + bone=> studded leather (does not respect stack size, might use something else? wood maybe?)
studded leather + studded leather + studded leather =>  lamellar leather.

All in the tanner. The lamellar leather can then be used in the leatherworkshop for any leather item. Same of course for tough and studded leather.

Ratings:
Leather = normal
Tough leather = lower then copper, but not much.
studded leather = lower then iron, but not much.
lamellar leather = lower then steel, but not much.

For one piece of lamellar leather you would need:
3x leather, 3x water, 3x oil, 3x bone and 3 worksteps.

Next thing I do is the new wood. Lets see what I can come up with. I would also really like feedback about the leather idea. The basic thought behind it is to make metal grade items (out of leather, bone and wood) All of this is produced aboveground. Animals, plants, trees, lifestock and butchery... designed as an alternative to metal/stone/magma, smiths and smelters. People who want to do an aboveground fortress should be able to defend themselves.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Another idea of mine, this time for the last empty, modable vanilla building, the tanner. More leather reaction:

This is a lamellar leather armor. Works. :)

Production process:
skin => leather
leather+water+oil=> tough leather   (or take leather from tough creature, elephants for example have this by default)
tough leather + bone=> studded leather (does not respect stack size, might use something else? wood maybe?)

For the bone stacks, make a toy/tool call studs. and use the [REACTION_CLASS] or [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT] tags on bones to create "bone studs" to be punched into tough leather

That way you can require like.. 5 bone studs and whatnot.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I use this, but it does not respect stack size. It also creates "bone studs" that will be used to make bonestuds, resulting in an endless loop.

[REACTION:STUD]
[NAME:make bone studs]
[BUILDING:TANNER:CUSTOM_S]
[REAGENT:B:1:CORPSE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:BONEMEAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_STUD:INORGANIC:BONE]
[SKILL:TANNER]

I mean, this is a simple as it gets... can it be that the CORPSE item token is broken ? Any other way to get bone, and only bone ? And not the bone items I create, because they have the same material, and therefore the same reaction_class (ok this just solved itself, I make a custom material for the studs) Still, Stack size...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok guys, I made some major changes, for leather and wood. I tried to keep it historically correct and realistic. Here you go:

Tanning:
The tanner can now refine leather, from normal leather up to iron-grade leather. All of them can be used in the leatherworker to produce armor.

How it works:

Reaction: boil leather to harden it
This needs leather and oil, and makes copper grade leather, called: hard leather

Reaction: make bone studs
This needs bones, and makes bone studs. These are used for the next step.

Reaction: stud hardened leather
This needs hard leather and 5 studs, makes a wrought iron grade leather, called: studded leather (think bikerjacket)

Reaction: make lamellar leather
This needs 3 studded leather, makes one iron grade leather, called lamellar leather

Wood:
Addition of generic tree types help FPS. A new building, the timberyard is added as well.

How it works:
Treetypes:
Normal trees leave rough logs.
Ironbark is a rare tree, mostly aviable through elves and as strong as iron
Steeloak is a rare tree, mostly aviable through elves and as strong as steel
Cavern (lvl1-2) trees leave fungiwood
Deep cavern (lvl3) trees leave netherwood, which is fireproof

Timberyard:
This building is the biggest I ever made, and uses a lot of raw materials to be built. I chose this, because it is a way of restricting early access that I did not use yet. It needs 20 blocks, 20 logs, 3 mechanisms and 2 serrated discs. I can, in the end, make 3 logs out of one tree, so the investment is worth it in the long run.

How it works:

Reaction: remove bark
This needs one rough log, and makes one smooth log. It is worth more.
This also has a small chance for a random bark item, see Spoiler:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reaction: remove soft wood
This needs one smooth log, and splits it into two, the heart- and the sapwood.

Reaction: polish into fair wood (maybe it should need wax)
This needs one heartwood, and makes one fair wood. It is worth more.

Reaction: split into scrap logs
This needs one sapwood, and makes two scrapwood logs. It is worth less.

Reaction: refine ironbark (needs fuel)
This transformes ironbark wood into ironbark metal

Reaction refine steeloak (needs fuel)
This transformes steeloak wood into steeloak metal

Everything is tested and works. The only point I want to improve on is, that the "make bone stud" reaction does not respect stack size. It takes a stack of bones, and creates only one stud. If anyone knows whats wrong with it, go ahead. And, as always, criticism and feedback is welcome. If you have better names for the wood types, please go ahead. On an unrelated note: I also made silver and gold strands extractable, so you can make fancy clothing now. Oh, and crowns.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:25:08 am by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

New version looks interesting.

Hey, I'm having trouble crafting mithril (the powder step).  I have both an arc furnace and a magma arc furnace, with RAW_MITHRIL stockpiled nearby.  I also have about a zillion empty bags because I assumed that was the problem and made a ton of them.  They're not too far away, and not restricted by burrows or anything.

disclaimer: as you know by now i don't really know much about the modding, i'm just poking around

The [REACTION:MAKE_MITHRIL] seems to be looking at the REACTION_CLASS:
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MITHRIL]

But RAW_MITHRIL doesn't have a REACTION_CLASS marked.  It does have this:
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:MITHRIL]

For what it's worth W and Ti do have REACTION_CLASS
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:COBALT]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CHROME]
[REACTION_CLASS:WOLFRAM]
[REACTION_CLASS:TITANIUM]

I have no luck yet with the (magma) gun ammo mint either.  I have gunpowder made from potash, and iron, steel, and silver bars, but no reactions light up at the ammo mint. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:54:19 am by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 749