Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833949 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

With me it was this:
I have 4 attacks for adults, kick, strike, bite, scratch
And 4 attacks for children, kick, strike, bite, scratch.

But actually, 2 of the attacks for children are for adults as well. This means 6 for adults, 2 for children ^^

Mh.. in theory I could give them 9 attacks that are: Strike, and one attack that is: powerful strike, with more damage. Using these: [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100] [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100] then one in ten attacks would be better.

Edit: AWESOME. My expedition leader got a mood, took metals and bone. Made: The Righteousness of Reigning, an iron crown. Decorated with with bands of silver, menaces with iron spikes and is decorated with... the bones of the elven diplomat that had to be killed (went berserk) The artwork on the crown relates to the ascenion of Tekkud Helmsorgans to the position of king of the Cave of Lusters. How perfect is that ? I love this artefact, I will build a room for it and put it in a display case. Also: How about a helmet called Crown ? An actualy wearable crown...

And: The pikedwarf stabs the zombie wrestler in the lower body with her steel pitchfork, breaking away the rest of the stale blood, tearing the fat and the guts. :D

That just gave me the idea for that too (crowns to wear on your head, probally by turning a CROWN to a HELM:ITEM_HELM_CROWN) shame that concept would simply destroy the artifact???

And yes combat reports for zombies are funny "breaks away the rest of the stale blood X 99" lol but why is your pikedwarf using a Pitchfork :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@hugo: Because I want to try out all the shiny new weapons ;) And what do you mean with: It would destroy the crown ? There will always be crafted crowns. I meant just adding a helmet.

@smakemupagus: Glad that you like it. I am just getting a feel for the balance, and have a list of changes at hand already. The typo in the training raws is intentional. This way the library file (with the scriptorium) is at the top of the training buildings, and is displayed as such ingame. So you have the Sciptorium for the books, and then the library sections below it.

Corpse Carts will be tested, I have enough bodyparts lying around.

About the worlds: Well, I dont want to actually gen 5 worlds, the download would be 30-50mb bigger. I will add a notice to the manual then.

Edit: My militia commander is running around with a demonic armor, a trex skull helmet, and is just installing a menacing spike, made with shark tooth tips. :) It is really weird to see all this in the actual game, and not just in theoretical form, in the raws...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:45:31 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

meant it would destroy the artifact crown to turn it into a wearable "helm" crown. Cause it would have been epic to have a artifact crown my king could wear.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dont know how easy it is to delete crafts from DF, but if you deleted crafted crowns, and replaced them with helm crowns, then you would get a moodable, wearable, crown.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

dont know how easy it is to delete crafts from DF, but if you deleted crafted crowns, and replaced them with helm crowns, then you would get a moodable, wearable, crown.
I don't think you can mod out "crafts" but you can have a Helm_Crown ingame aswell, even have a reaction to turn craft crowns to helm crowns. But the delmma is that a Craft Artifact Crown would go from Agesplinters the Fist of Swords Iron Crown to a normal Iron Crown set apon your head :( unless you got lucky and a armorsmith liked helm_crowns and got a mood.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I found the problem with the bodypar unloading. It used a single bodypart to unload... a bodypart. Then takes the just unloaded bodypart, and uses it to unload it again, infinite loop. Fixed it.

And I will definetly add crowns now. As a helmet, not the artifact destroying kind.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Darunija

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The Embark Groups are nice and the castes are very nice but both together might be a bit twisted. If I want to have a special dwarf for stone stuff and he becomes a legion dwarf after embark I cant use his ability or caste at the same time. Maybe it is possible to set castes after embark according to their skills? So my stone dwarf will become a guild dwarf or something like that.

And again: keep up the good work =)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You can see the castes before you embark. Just view the dwarf in the embark screen.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can see the castes before you embark. Just view the dwarf in the embark screen.
this is one of the concepts behind my forts, i assign skills by the dwarf, not my original idea. so i end up with specialized people for some stuff, but may need to wait for migrants for certain industries.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I found the problem with the bodypar unloading. It used a single bodypart to unload... a bodypart. Then takes the just unloaded bodypart, and uses it to unload it again, infinite loop. Fixed it.

And I will definetly add crowns now. As a helmet, not the artifact destroying kind.

Awesome.  Did you check on [REACTION:LOAD_CORPSE] as well as [REACTION:UNLOAD_CORPSE]?

It uses
[REAGENT:CORPSEPIECE:1:TOOL:WHEELBARROW_CORPSE:NONE:NONE]
But I wonder if that shouldn't be
[REAGENT:container:1:TOOL:WHEELBARROW_CORPSE:NONE:NONE]

I like that you made those not use the Alchemy skill anymore.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:25:00 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, I checked and fixed both.

I also found out what causes a reaction to respect stack size (this is mostly for hugo) It is not the has_material_reaction_product tag, but the [REACTION_CLASS:XXXX] tag. Because I just used barrels stockfull of blood for a sacrifice. Had a full caravan load of blood barrels. Resultet in 1500 iron sword, given to me by armok. One for every 1 unit of blood. Ups...

Btw: All my wells are in a pool of blood, my one marksman is having fun with steel bolts on his raised archer platform, and I am just starting with the new alloys. :)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Yeah, I checked and fixed both.

I also found out what causes a reaction to respect stack size (this is mostly for hugo) It is not the has_material_reaction_product tag, but the [REACTION_CLASS:XXXX] tag. Because I just used barrels stockfull of blood for a sacrifice. Had a full caravan load of blood barrels. Resultet in 1500 iron sword, given to me by armok. One for every 1 unit of blood. Ups...

Btw: All my wells are in a pool of blood, my one marksman is having fun with steel bolts on his raised archer platform, and I am just starting with the new alloys. :)
I believe both work [REACTION_CLASS] and [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT] they are pretty much the same altho:

[REACTION_CLASS:xxxx] makes a material be classed or catagorized

[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:xxxx:parameter1:parameter2] classes it but can produce a different product
Spoiler: parameters (click to show/hide)

Both of these can be used to accept stack overflow (just makes products based on reagent, eats an entire stack)

your case of (what I think your saying) 1500 iron swords could be you did a:
[REAGENT:blood:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:BLOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:INORGANIC:IRON]

if you want to make sure you only get one sword try using the [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] on the BLOOD reagent.

EDIT:
But of course I'd like to know if I'm wrong I hate giving bad advice, like advice I thought was right but wasn't.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:04:24 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey meph, do warpstone gems and warpstone ore/stone have different images.

because after mining through what appears to be the ore/stone (non lethal according to you) my miner suffocated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, they have different tiles. But both have the same name, maybe I should make it slightly different. like stable/unstable or something. Your miner can suffocate from the gems, yes, but not from the veins. the veins have this:

[CE_COUGH_BLOOD:SEV:1000:PROB:100:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:5:PEAK:900:END:2000]
 [CE_NAUSEA:SEV:1000:PROB:100:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:5:PEAK:900:END:2000]
 [CE_DROWSINESS:SEV:1000:PROB:100:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:5:PEAK:50:END:1000]
 [CE_FEVER:SEV:1000:PROB:100:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:5:PEAK:50:END:2000]

All non deadly. He will be slower, might go to sleep on the spot, and spit some vomit/blood, thats it.

About my fortress: got bumrushed from a group of giant capybaras through my wells... and hunted grand blobs in the deepest cavern, just making special ammo for my lone marksman.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I collected a lot of random thoughts about unpolished stuff, some minor bugs (3 very stupid ones as well, see the first three mentionings) and balancing. If you are interested, here it is, might be a bit long to read though. I will see what I can implement from this list. Feel free to comment, if the direction I want to go is good or bad in your opinion.

List:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:27:52 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 749