Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833954 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, just update it. (net framework, not the mod. thanks hugo) ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:17:56 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Yeah, just update it. ;)
What Meph meant was get the newest version of .NET framework :P

Axl Wolf Lipid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where do i find it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Google or here.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ill get some pictures of what im talking about meph, and do some further investigation on the matter.
(also chrome really wants me to 'fix' your name to meth... not sure what its trying to say...)

Axl Wolf Lipid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's compatible with Windows XP?
EDIT:
Nevermind,it's compatible
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:37:44 pm by Axl Wolf Lipid »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I run XP myself, so I would assume so ;)

Axl Wolf Lipid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn,it need WinXP SP 3.My version is SP2.
Oh well...

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn,it need WinXP SP 3.My version is SP2.
Oh well...

Windows Update.  Install everything that indicates it's "critical" or "security"

Backup anything important though - SP3 didn't play well with some machines at one point.  Not quite sure how legacy your machine might be.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

XP, Sp2 and an old Net Framework... that is quite rare to see.

I am having fun playing this mod for the very first time (except testruns of course) I trapped half a zombie siege in the traders tunnel, had a berskering elf on my roof, a militia commander who passed out upon a cagetrap and is now stockpiled, a smelter burned down, a roofed over garden area (with philosophers garden, fountains and plants) that has an eternal winter (got snowed in in winter, then roofed over, now the snow stays and wont melt) I got a dwarven trader with 2 wagon, but I pissed him of and he left without trading, I have an artifact called: "The Boring Brain"... and all this in less then 1,5 years. And 3 kobold thieves at the same time in one spot.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

alright here it is meph.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

as you can see there appears to be duplicates of every appendage.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Good find, but you are just "almost" right. The used appendages in the attack are the same, they have the same name. I spawned every male/female of every race in the arena and checked the bodyparts. They are all correct.

What you did find is this: The attacks are twice in the raws.
[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
This is twice in the raws. Should have no negative effect, but I will remove it anyway.

Anyway, epic find. :)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Good find, but you are just "almost" right. The used appendages in the attack are the same, they have the same name. I spawned every male/female of every race in the arena and checked the bodyparts. They are all correct.

What you did find is this: The attacks are twice in the raws.
[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
This is twice in the raws. Should have no negative effect, but I will remove it anyway.

Anyway, epic find. :)
I had that issue when I ported Ross's dwarven castes into my mod, Since I declared attacks right before all castes are selected. He had declared a few attacks in a caste. It's odd that the errorlog doesn't complain about attacks that are ID'd the same :/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

With me it was this:
I have 4 attacks for adults, kick, strike, bite, scratch
And 4 attacks for children, kick, strike, bite, scratch.

But actually, 2 of the attacks for children are for adults as well. This means 6 for adults, 2 for children ^^

Mh.. in theory I could give them 9 attacks that are: Strike, and one attack that is: powerful strike, with more damage. Using these: [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100] [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100] then one in ten attacks would be better.

Edit: AWESOME. My expedition leader got a mood, took metals and bone. Made: The Righteousness of Reigning, an iron crown. Decorated with with bands of silver, menaces with iron spikes and is decorated with... the bones of the elven diplomat that had to be killed (went berserk) The artwork on the crown relates to the ascenion of Tekkud Helmsorgans to the position of king of the Cave of Lusters. How perfect is that ? I love this artefact, I will build a room for it and put it in a display case. Also: How about a helmet called Crown ? An actualy wearable crown...

And: The pikedwarf stabs the zombie wrestler in the lower body with her steel pitchfork, breaking away the rest of the stale blood, tearing the fat and the guts. :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:40:16 pm by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Having a lot of fun on my first playthrough.  I really like the direction you're trying to go with adding balance and FPS :)  The various embark groups are very cool.  And that you still have a lot of my favorite features from other mods as options.

This game I was playing as the Engineering embark, so very quickly in the first years we have a nice fortress foundation nestled into the cliffs at the confluence of two small rivers.  In keeping with the Engineer challenge we've been short on animals and cloth industry.  Fortunately the elven caravan somehow managed to get itself caught in an ice casting pit.   :o

A couple things I noticed

Maybe a typo in raw/objects filenames?  I'm not much of a modder so I don't know if it's a problem
building_trainin_library
No "g" in the file name.  The other trainer buildings are spelled "training"

In the game, Unloading stations seem to always default to auto-job "Unloading Corpses" even when there are no corpse wheelbarrows.  This leads to poor dwarf always standing there trying to do the job until he gets thirsty

It took me a while to realize how to use your Pre-made worlds, maybe add a note specifying that they are Adv world gen sets?  I've never messed around too much with Adv world settings before now so it didn't occur to me to look there. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:52:31 pm by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 749