Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833903 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Looks fun!  Looking forward to giving a try.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I will definetly add some macros to help new player. Complex setups, like:
Dodge traps
Pump stacks
Mist generator
Mass dumping room for prisoners
Danger room (?) (think of removing those from the mod)

Then rooms, like:
Living quarters
Dining room
Workshop area: Stone
Workshop area: Wood
Workshop area: Metal

Then uniform templates: (add squad to each name)
Heavy crossbow
Light crossbow
Heavy rifle
Light rifle
Heavy javeline
Light Javeline

Hammer
Axe
Spear

Throwing

Padded armor + platemail + iridium clothing = max armor squad

Just a question: Do the macros get confused if something is missing ? As in: Building a pump stack with a macro, but lacking the parts. As soon as something is not there, the rest of the macro would be quite undirected, no ?

Also the optional settings... if there are no throwing weapons, and someone runs the "throwing weapon squad"-macro, it would select something else in the list, where formerly have been the throwing weapons... ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, I had been able to download the mod before, but after the update every time I try ot domnload it it stops at about 50%. Any idea what could be causeing this? firewall is off and I can't think of anything thaat would block it. Oh and I downloaded it before you found the bugs and realeased 1.1, and it was awsome. I ahve some question though, wikipedia says that anthracite is a purer form of coal than even bitumous, so does that mean it wil yeild more fuel than bitumous?

-Palau
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

DFFD says that 75 people have downloaded the V.1.1 Should be working fine. But I will try a testdownload.

Anthrazite produces 4 bars of coke, so Yes, it does. Glad that someone noticed ;)

About Macros: I just started this thread, lets see what the people can come up with. In the meantime I run a testfort, and might do some uniform macros, although I guess that they get confused if you guys change the settings.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Just a question: Do the macros get confused if something is missing ? As in: Building a pump stack with a macro, but lacking the parts. As soon as something is not there, the rest of the macro would be quite undirected, no ?
Yeah. They then attempt to input the remaining commands on the "you don't have a part" screen, meaning it does nothing. You also need to wait for it to finish trying before leaving the "no part" screen as well, or it will just continue the presses like nothing has happened. This is why lots of times it's better to have item macros only build a portion of the furniture at once. (So even though the bedroom macro creates 100 bedrooms have the furniture macro only give furniture to 10 of them at a time.

Also the optional settings... if there are no throwing weapons, and someone runs the "throwing weapon squad"-macro, it would select something else in the list, where formerly have been the throwing weapons... ?
For the creation of uniforms I'm fairly certain that you always can pick any type of weapon from the menu so their should be no problems there. For assigning the uniforms, however, it goes by menu position, so if they have created or removed any of the squads that your macro didn't plan for then it will mess up.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:44:10 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just did some arena testing on heavy steel knuckles.

they are just as deadly as i expected...

i viciously beat a dragon in the upper body and tore apart two of his organs. heart and lung.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - Bugreport Template
« Reply #666 on: February 04, 2012, 01:45:25 am »

Hello. You got here by clicking the bug report button in the settings. Well done. It works. Before you post your bugreport, please mind four things:
1. Did you use the Search Function?
2. Did you check the Manual?
3. Had a look at the Known Bugs section in the manual?
4. Is it a MasterworkDF issue? Or rather Orc Fortress, Kobold Camp, dfhack, Dwarf Therapist?

Links ::: Orc-Plugin ::: Kobold-Plugin :::  Soundsense ::: DwarfTherapist ::: DfHack/dfusion ::: StoneSense ::: EmbarkEverywhere ::: LegendsViewer :::

If all four are Yes, continue.

Template starts here:
Code: [Select]
Bugreport
Mod version:
Tileset version:
Errorlog: (found at DwarfFortress/errorlog.txt; if empty/not there ignore this)
Bug description:

Also important:
Did you do any modding yourself?
Do you use linux or mac os?
Did you generate a new world? (most things require a new world, like changing the playable race, or changing optional parts of the mod)

If you experience a crash, feel free to write me a PM. I have a love/hate relationship with those, and would gladly see a save.

PS: Yes, I modified this old post to use it as a template.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:00:05 pm by Meph »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just thought id let you know that something seems.... odd about certain dwarf castes. legion being the one i noticed.

i had the option to attack with my left/right hands on page one of attacks.
and the same options repeated on page 2.

seems you may still have some duplicates.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

What does deadly trap do? One of my miners just struck it, and it did nothing
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

by chance, does mist put out fires? thinking of putting a mister near my smelter :o
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

did you actually mine it out? its supposed to kill your dwarf. but meph has been having "Fun" with boiling reactions.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

did you actually mine it out? its supposed to kill your dwarf. but meph has been having "Fun" with boiling reactions.
I mined it out. It just disappeared and my miner casually walked away.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

I have problem with underground seeds. Looks like no one dwarven civilization have acces to them. Same thing happens in Cursed Urborg and Garden of Gaia. I haven't tried playing other maps yet. What could be a problem? Why dwarves do not have acces to underground crops?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@bombzero: Tested in arena, all is fine. With "option to attack" you mean in Adventure mode ?

@zach123: Ahm... maybe ? rain puts fires out, water does, but I dont know about mist.

@deadly traps work like normal stone. It might create a stone or not, depending on your miners skill. You might have been lucky, and he created none. It creates gas(boiling stone), and this has to be breathed in. Sometimes dwarves do it, sometimes dont. That has nothing to do with the mod, but with DF itself.

@matoro: Thats the adv. world gen, I have the same on my fort. It is just that your home civ has no access to them. You might still find them by gathering though. Normal worldgen should have them. When I find the time I will redo the world gens anyway. As I mentioned before I took them of the Wiki, and it seems that they cause nothing but trouble. I will make my own ones.

All minor things though. :)

Axl Wolf Lipid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SETTINGS give me an error regarding .NET framework.Any idea how to fix it?
Thanks for your help.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 749