Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833818 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.8 - PHOEBUS/IRONHAND/ASCII/ASCII+
« Reply #495 on: January 23, 2012, 08:01:49 pm »

@zach: We'll see about the different races. It is a lot of work ;)  But a taser for automatons is possible. Quite easy actually. Make bullets out of materials with a syndrome that melts at body temperature.

Constructs are only tradeable, they are pets. Currently DF does not allow the creation of new creatures in workshops. Many people are waiting for this feature.

Dodging is possible in small corners as well.

@mitchewawa: Nice. Decoys are designed to fall apart in melee, good to see it works. Was that in a tight area, with several pets stacked ?

And I rememeber you asking about undead goblins, that are too nimble for your taste... If you check the living goblins, they have trapavoid. Should be in the creature description as well. I wanted them to be a bit more different from orcs. :)

@sayke: I am currently playing, and fixed 4 bugs already. I WANT to upload it this evening (it is 20:00 here) but I dont know how long I have internet. I am in a hostel, and the wifi was gone yesterday at 23:00.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #496 on: January 23, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »

List of issues, currently playtesting.

FIXED:the wierd, free meat-items at embark.
SHOULD BE FIXED:Hair thread is generic and does not count as thread to be used for cloth.
FIXED: magma safe factory ? Should be called workshop
FIXED:glazing reactions are way, way too long
FIXED: sandstone looks a bit weird. Phoebus.
FIXED: apothecarius makes 5 crutches, instead of 2. FIXED, makes 2 now.
FIXED: apothecarius makes 5 casts, instead of 1. FIXED, makes 1 now.
FIXED: apothecarius now needs water and gypsum to make a cast.
FIXED: apothecarius ice melting works, BUT if ice is carried inside it melts. You would have to build one right next to the ice, or at least outside to make it work. Or have an inside temp that is low enough not to melt ice.
I changed the order, now it takes buckets first, and then ice. This way the ice is never put down. Maybe it helps. I tested it outside, the bucket is filled, but of course it freezes. Carry the bucket inside, and the ice should melt in the bucket.

FIXED: magma safe workshop should also produce magma-safe blocks, for constructions. FIXED
FIXED: death of citizen is no longer a PAUSE. good.
FIXED: death of citizen is no longer a ANNOUNCMENT. bad. SHOULD BE FIXED
FIXED: temple of armok does require magma to build, but can still be built without magma acces. this might confuse some people. Maybe because it is a workshop, and not a furnace ? should be called scrificial pit anyway...
FIXED: large and small gunstone are now called: Bullets and Small Bullets.
FIXED: Anthrazite was missing. Is in inorganic_masterwork.txt now, another source of coke.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Issues:

I play with EVERYTHING ON, except simple mats, so I have the highest number of content possible. I should make less buildings, maybe fit some together, and instead have more reactions per building. It is a really long list... about 60 buildings total would be a guess.

Strange sounding names, like Dual Fireproof Battle axe, or two headed lightweight steel battle axe. Maybe I will look into that, but not important for the next release.

PS: The error log is completely empty with this setting. But you might find 3 lines about plate armor. Dont be alarmed, it is just with Platearmor OFF, and humans trying to equip them. They will wear normal breastplates instead.

EDIT:
Added Apothecarius to the Settings.exe
Added Apothecarius to the manual
Made all dwarves immune to hydraulical fluids (the blood of landmines and turrets)

EDIT:
Just produced a artifact.
Calmbraided the Violence of Pain, a wooden javeline thrower. With proper ammo, this thing will kill anything.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 09:52:12 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 23, 2012, 09:48:32 pm »

upload it - many eyes make bugs shallow! =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #498 on: January 23, 2012, 10:06:41 pm »

I just waited for the damn elves to show up, I wanted to know if they still bring the warbeasts. Yes, they do.

Also added a silkworm to the new pets, works like bees and can be used to harvest silk. Needs hives.

Winrar is just packaging it, about 32mb and believe me, I will TRY to upload it. The internet here is horrible, and the connection is lost once in a while, and I have to start again.

First try: 46,1%, then reconnect...
Second try: 19,1%, then reconnect...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:24:33 pm by Meph »

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 23, 2012, 10:30:15 pm »

oh my lord. where are you, anyway? in a hostel on the east coast somewhere? is somebody else on the network flooding it with torrent traffic? can you find their computer and unplug it?? =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 23, 2012, 10:36:58 pm »

Silk farming is genius!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #501 on: January 23, 2012, 10:47:54 pm »

Hostel in Ecuador, south america ;) I am travelling... as always.

It is done. I will now rewrite the first post, then take a rest. Enjoy :)

Edit: I hit the 40k word limit in the first post, so here the changelog, from V08 to V09. As an afterthough I'd like to say this as well: I double checked the rar with two virus scanner. Nothing showed up, and it includes the new DFhack. You guys should get NO false-positive virusreport anymore, just because of dfhack. The manual is updated as well. Took a while and jumped from 150kb to 2,5mb, but it should explain everything.

Changelog
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:27:27 pm by Meph »

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.9 - MAJOR UPDATE
« Reply #502 on: January 23, 2012, 11:09:37 pm »

awesome!! downloading and installing now =) will report back with any bugs i find. absolutely all the best and goodnight -

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 24, 2012, 12:15:13 am »

mm embarked on... i think a marsh area, with a brook, used the biome map for the world gen
there was a pack of wild warp stone turrets 20 tiles from my wagon :O
wish i could set up a trap for them but they've kept there distance  so far, little skittish i'd say
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 24, 2012, 01:33:12 am »

So, you've added antrazite too? Great :). Now I think about biofuels which wouldn't look out of place and sound interesting :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 24, 2012, 03:55:36 am »

Oh no. How do I get the green caves back? Now that I've grown accustomed to green cave floors the blue-grey-something color hurts my eyes.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 24, 2012, 04:15:06 am »

ok!! initial playtesting results look good, but i do have a couple of questions:

- when i turn on skeletons, i get tons of em. they're everywhere, including really quite deep. maybe make them a bit more rare...?

- are so many soils supposed to be graphically represented by colored 1s? rough hewn salt stone walls, for example... are they supposed to look like that?

- even with the minerals setting cranked to the highest it will go, i haven't found a map with weapons-grade metal ores yet. this could be anecdotal evidence, but i really like having metal ores, and i'm trying to find some, but am having a fairly hard time. like i said, i have no idea if this is a real problem, but i've generated 4 maps now and tried like 9 starting locations, and none of them have had weapons-grade metal ores. weird, no?

- what are the differences between the different types of steel, exactly? i might be content with one type unless they really add a lot - is there any way to turn the types off and just have plain ole' steel back? that might be an option people would like to have around...

- this is more of an aesthetic quibble, like hanspeter's question: if i wanted to turn sand from its current rather bright yellow to a more gray color (distinct from clay of course, but most beaches and river sand etc is grayish), how would i go about doing it?

- what exactly is cave fungus supposed to represent? does it make sense to have tons of it in big fields all over the map, disconnected from any currently-existing caves? is it structurally sound? how does it form? sorry to quibble, but i just have no idea how to think about it, so it throws me off a little =P

- there seem to be a few other weirdnesses in the tile selection - on world maps, for example, some of the tiles don't seem consistent with how phoebus has been using them. that's probably intentional, but in case it's not, i'm letting you know =)

- from what i can tell, it looks like you're using an old version of phoebus's tileset! he's up to v23 now, and you're using v20, right? correct me if i'm wrong, of course, but that's what the tileset assembler seems to indicate!

other then those quibbles, none of which are really incredibly serious, this mod is awesome =) thank you so much for all the time and effort you've put into it - i look forward to exploring it thoroughly. cheers!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:20:04 am by sayke »

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 24, 2012, 04:25:54 am »

- even with the minerals setting cranked to the highest it will go, i haven't found a map with weapons-grade metal ores yet. this could be anecdotal evidence, but i really like having metal ores, and i'm trying to find some, but am having a fairly hard time. like i said, i have no idea if this is a real problem, but i've generated 4 maps now and tried like 9 starting locations, and none of them have had weapons-grade metal ores. weird, no?

LOWER number = more ores. Had my share of fun with that one until I figured it out. :D

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 24, 2012, 04:32:59 am »

LOWER number = more ores. Had my share of fun with that one until I figured it out. :D

hehe i hear you, but i just meant in the normal world gen parameters, with the "Mineral Occurance: Everywhere" setting.

Tiresais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 24, 2012, 05:34:35 am »

Sorry I should have also made this clear: Your mod is fantastic and lent Dwarf Fortress a new lease-of-life for me :)

My problem with the airman was that I had a large portion of my base outside and corridors were 3 spaces wide, thus one cage trap couldn't catch him...

Airmen have a penchant for pushing dogs from a space higher than the poor animal lol. Also, it's bee fighting a warpstone turret for a whole year now (I decided to reload and ignore it as every time I sent a dwarf it got burnt)

do we have an option to delete turrets from the game? They keep killing my dwarves and do nothing against enemies :(
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:43:17 am by Tiresais »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 749