Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833802 times)

Tiresais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.8 - PHOEBUS/IRONHAND/ASCII/ASCII+
« Reply #480 on: January 23, 2012, 03:47:13 pm »

(update on the airman, he spent a long time pushing a dog, so i sent 10 dwarves to kill it. It killed all ten dwarves)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #481 on: January 23, 2012, 03:58:50 pm »

I usually have a military skilled dwarf with me at embark, and have a milita with simple iron equipment in summer. Cagetraps i do install some as a backup early, usually summer as well. The moat is up with a door, later with a bridge,  in spring.

How many airmen did you get ?  What was the equipment and skill of the 10 dwarves ? unarmed dwarves wont do much, but I am surprised that all died.

EDIT: Just made padded armor and two new shields part of the optional armors. Maybe I have a look at metals next.

I just stopped the poll. Resulsts:
A: Metals - Fantastic, like Mithril and so on... 33 (35.1%)
B: Metals - Realistic, like titan, wolfram and so on... 14 (14.9%)
A: Weapons/Armor - Fantastic, known from RPGs... 16 (17%)
B: Weapons/Armor - Realistic, historical ones... 28 (29.8%)
None of the above. 3 (3.2%)

Some people want nothing new, that is included.
Most people want realistic weapons, are done as well.
Most people want fantastic metals, next on my to do list then.
I might include a small amount of realistic metals and fantastic weapons as well, for thos that vited for it. But only 1-2 each.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:21:51 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 23, 2012, 04:28:38 pm »

I usually have a military skilled dwarf with me at embark, and have a milita with simple iron equipment in summer.

I always do the same. And that dwarf always dies a horrible death within the first year.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Tiresais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 23, 2012, 04:38:46 pm »

One had an axe, other 9 were unarmed... Burnt alive by the airman... :( only two had armor...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #484 on: January 23, 2012, 05:39:47 pm »

I think I will do some more testing, and upload V.0.9 today. I got a lot of work done, and before I add more I want to see how people like it, and how balanced everything is. Should be a lot better than V08 ;)

@tiresais: I just checked, airmen have no trapavoid, one single cagetrap would have solved your problem. The only thing dangerous about them is that they fly and might enter your base through open shafts.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 23, 2012, 05:43:56 pm »

Looking forward to it

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #486 on: January 23, 2012, 05:56:11 pm »

I voted for Automations and Bigger castes, I would gladdly help with the automations (all depends on how detailed you want there bodies to be, I can go all the way ;) tissue and function wise that is, A automation with a **** would be disturbing...)

Bigger castes for all the races. Gobbos with a fast+weak+fearless caste as well with varrying stronger versions. even making Trolls and Ogres a caste too. so on a so forth for the other races.

Also More creautre variations, but I couldn't vote for it

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #487 on: January 23, 2012, 06:00:14 pm »

With castes I thought of dwarven castes. The orcs, warlocks, undeads and frostgiants all have a caste system right now as well.

And about the automaton: I got this from Zero
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would remove the normal weapons, and give them guns instead :)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 23, 2012, 06:04:19 pm »

I'd like to express my enthusiasm toward multiple embark races, since literally nobody else voted for it but me. I honestly think people are underestimating the possibilities there.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #489 on: January 23, 2012, 06:09:41 pm »

Then help adding ideas to that. Small changes in the raws, but a massive effect on gameplay. My ideas so far:
Dwarves: Like normal

Humans: Only above ground constructions. Have a workshop (quarry) that produces buildings mats)

Elves: No treecutting.

Kobolds: Only shovels, cant dig stone (make all stone undiggable) Add reactions so other civs have metals.

Goblins: Like normal

Orcs: No traps, prone to rage, strong civilians

Frost Giants: no treecutting or digging. Have a workshop that creates ICE for contructions. No weapons, armor, metal... all natural abilities.

Undead: use bodyparts in custom workshop to build things. Only resource aviable.

Warlocks: like humans, but no metals.

Automatons: have a reaction that makes metals. No melee weapons, only ranged. natural armor.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #490 on: January 23, 2012, 06:45:40 pm »

With castes I thought of dwarven castes. The orcs, warlocks, undeads and frostgiants all have a caste system right now as well.

And about the automaton: I got this from Zero
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would remove the normal weapons, and give them guns instead :)
But what about gears that if damaged cripple the limb? and so on and so forth but Guns for sure :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #491 on: January 23, 2012, 07:17:06 pm »

Well well, if you insist on making a very complex body, with certain kill mechanisms, be my guest ;)

I havent looked at the raws too close yet, but it seems to be an elementalman copy, same as my golems.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 23, 2012, 07:48:25 pm »

any chance for a beastman race? :o

probably be the same as elves though as far as trade/ethics unless u use some kind of spider/scorpions/maybe rabbits
cave dwellers like dwarfs but use leather, little metal, and megabeasts like the elves but r from the underground caverns or maybe from the middle of the earth :p
mm anything else i can think of fits the evil civs or doesn't fit very well...thunder cats ;)
could be treants..but i think they'd be a mix between elves and warlocks.. not very beasty though

but the caste system is a bit of an annoyance to me, got to go into the status and manually check what caste you have and then if you rely on the system you might not like what you embark with, maybe giving the castes last names that follow the caste would simplify it a bit but...just my opinion
could you add some details about the castes in your guide/manual please, no idea what a nobler dwarf can do aside from being stuck up

and for the automatons, what if they have a plant that absorbs metal from the ground? i hear spinach is high in iron xP
would make some of the races you mentioned have an easier time, kobolds for an example but i saw the mod for a termite race had a plant that grew wood (plant was processed and wood+seeds came out)
what if the elves had wisps to harvest wood, like warcraft did for night elves, but are a construct with maybe a wisp powering it? or maybe they pray for wood from mother earth lol
the automotons would be neat if they had something like a taser, long reload but heavy elemental damage?

btw is any of the landmines, golems, or turrets make-able or only trade-able? and can a creature dodge in a small hallway/corner?
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 23, 2012, 07:52:58 pm »

Haha, ouch.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 23, 2012, 07:57:37 pm »

are you still planning on releasing version 9 today? i want to try it! i'd be happy to report bugs and other weirdness, but i don't want to continue experimenting with v0.8 if v0.9 is coming out the very same day...
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 749