Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833711 times)

kanaak666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress -V.0.7.2 - MAJOR UPDATE!!!
« Reply #315 on: January 13, 2012, 09:33:51 pm »

The people might get fed up with downloading it every day ;)

... i lost two fortresses already T_T

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 13, 2012, 09:34:59 pm »

SUCCESS !

Generic items finally work. Brian, meat, guts, stomach, kidney, liver, spleen, eye, tooth, leather, tallow, fat, soap, flame, chitin, treated chitin, feather, claw, talon, nail, scale and shell are generic.
Bones are normal, but any bone item will be generic.
Skins are normal, but any skin item (leather) will be generic.

Skull should stay as it is, so you can make totems out of specific enemies you killed.

Stuff that mysteriously is not generic: horn, hoof, cartilage, hair , nervous tissue. But only 5 out of 25, so I can live with that. To fix those I would have to alter creature files, and I do not want that.

Genesis creatures with toughskin, toughbones and so on keep these. They are still more powerfull and will generate named items.

Very nice, using the tissue template raws as reference that I provided? I had trouble getting hoof and horn to work as well. Did you modify the default plans to use custom tissues then?

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 14, 2012, 04:36:43 am »

Humn.. all my dwarfs suddenly had wounded feet, and started suffocating.
not sure how to figure out what's causing it.

kanaak666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 14, 2012, 05:05:05 am »

They decided to play in "last breath".

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 14, 2012, 07:47:16 am »

Left 4 Stand 2.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 14, 2012, 12:40:15 pm »

I must say, the speed gain from your simplified stones/soils/everything is truly amazing.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2012, 01:24:19 pm »

Left 4 Stand 2.

*snicker*

Sorry for the OT, but this was just too good.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #322 on: January 14, 2012, 03:47:09 pm »

Suddenly suffocating dwarves with wounded feet sounds like a syndrome contracted through contact of fluids. Remember, if you do not assign them shoes, they wear none. Any forgotten beasts, toxic mines or plaguebearer nearby ? Or have ever been on the map ? ;)

I have been working (in busses mostly) on a big gameplay change: Some new features that will people encourage to go to the caverns. Also a material overhaul that should make the military more interesting, but is purerly optional.

- 15 Types of blobs in the caverns. small/normal/big * fire/ice/blood/acid/toxic
- 15 Types of gems, only dropped by blobs. small/normal/grand * fire/ice/blood/acid/toxic
- These are high value gems and can be used for decoration/trading. But they have another use as well.
- 15 kinds of metals used in special ammo. No natural occurance.
- 15 types of ammo, made with the mentioned gems, using syndromes to harm enemies.
- Every metal has a fireproof upgrade.

Next ideas: Make two more upgrades for metal. LIGHER metal, so your military can move faster, and STRONGER/HARDER metal, to make the armor  better. You could only choose one. That way you can create highly specialiest squads.

- A 3 man fireproof squad with spears to battle magma creatures and light fire-traps.
- A fast crossbow-squad with necrosis ammo to snipe goblins
- A tank squad, towershields and battleaxes, slowly advancing on the invading army.

I also made some pics, mostly because I got bored on the long busrides... they will be included in the next download, but here is a preview:

Building Guide Masterwork
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Building Guide Gen

Tile Guide Phoebus (careful, large image)

I might do a creatures guide for the new creatures as well. Items would be difficult, since they have no graphics, only one symbol for all ammo, all weapons, all armor and so on. Would look quite stupid I guess.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 01:42:39 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 14, 2012, 04:12:57 pm »

Meph, I already told you that it's "potted" plant :). Good spreadsheet btw.

P.S. May I use your Genesis spreadsheet in my thread? It's really easy to understand :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #324 on: January 14, 2012, 04:35:40 pm »

@Ashnal: Yes, with your basework :) I changed the default templated, that way the optional florafauna creatures have generic tissues as well.

@deon: Argh, damn that plant. I will just rename it potted plant in the raws :P But yeah, sure you can use it, they areyour buildings anyway. I made it because you can play this mod with both your and my buildings, and that is a lot... but you will notice that the crucible, display case, potteT plant and finishing forge are under my buildings. The reason for that is that they are NON-optional. They are always on.

@ALL: Could anyone please be so kind and have a look at my graphics folder. I have no idea why the zoo graphics are not working. The pics are in graphics/zoo and the file is graphics_zoo.txt. The creatures are in creature_ff.txt

Edit: Magma Kitchen and Brewery are impossible to make. I will change them, leave the magma kitchen out and make the magma brewery procude high value drinks, instead of refining current ones.

Preview of reactions:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 08:36:47 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 14, 2012, 10:01:04 pm »

I noticed that you're putting in a lot of ideas I've been working on putting in my own personal mod. For the grinder concept, did you use mechanixm's pulverizer? It's a really unique looking workshop that is compatible with all of the stones from Genesis, and gives a small chance of producing any ore that naturally occurs in the pulverized stones. You can find a link to the old thread in the Genesis OP.

One of the ideas I've whipped up is a bunch of reactions that allow everything that you can build at the mason's workshop to be built from stone blocks. This enables you to craft blocks of stone at the mining site and have your dwarfs haul them via bin back to the main fort without them being useless for anything except construction. I have all the reactions written, but untested. I'll share em if you want.

Ewhalecancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 14, 2012, 10:11:05 pm »

I have both coarse and normal Iron bars neither will work ???
Also I have noticed Genders are switched in Dwarf Therapists. Males are labeled females and vice versa. If it hasn't been mentioned yet.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:15:56 pm by Ewhalecancer »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #327 on: January 14, 2012, 11:12:45 pm »

@Ashnal: No, I did not use his grinder/pulverizer. But I had a look at the thread and asked if I can add his upgrades to the genesis buildings deon allowed me to use. Thanks for the link :) And what do you build in your personal mod, that I want to do as well ? Maybe I can help you, for a change ;)

@ewhalecancer:
WOW. Thanks a lot, for both bugfinds. Marble is indeed no flux in the raws. I have no idea how that happened, it is even listed as: Destroy flux in the before mentioned stone grinder of mine. I will fix that right away. Try to order limestone, dolomite or calcite from the caravans, that should give you flux.
EDIT: The [REACTION_CLASS:FLUX] line was missing. No idea why. Will be fixed in the next release. Sry.

And I have a look at the Therapist. I fixed two minor bugs in the Settings programm today as well, the Domestic Pet Button was using NO as YES and YES as NO... and the More Food Button was always on YES, no way to change it to NO. Both fixed. :)

Creature_Tile_Guide is done as well, no too much info in it, but quick to read:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:43:28 pm by Meph »

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 14, 2012, 11:55:22 pm »

For the record, I think Mechanixm is MIA :(

I'm actually working on a merger of Genesis (with a couple Mechanixm buildings) and LFR, my two favorite mods. The only things that are mine in the mix so far are the stone block > stone goods reactions, and the press logs into paper reaction, which is needed to make vellums for the library now. Also Throwing Axes and throwing Daggers, unsure if they will train at archery ranges with these weapons though, needs testing. As well, I need to decide if I want Genesis or LFR dwarf castes, heh.

Most of the work I have left is examining your raws for how to get humans and other civs to let you order from caravans. Also thinking about re-balancing  metals since LFR and Genesis overlap a bit in that area, but I'm unsure as to how the combat calculations and material strengths are used.

OT but semi-related: I love games like DF that promote unobscured modding, which allows the best ideas to be re-used and combined throughout the life of a game even if the original creator is absent. It also promotes learning through example.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #329 on: January 15, 2012, 12:07:01 am »

Vellum is made out of animal skin. If you use wood, then call it paper ;) EDIT: Wait, call it books or scrolls. Vellum is a name for a material, not an object.

And for the trading:

Add this to elf entity:

And this to human entity, and you are done. This gives you trade liasons to order from, and diplomats about the tree cutting, declaring war, and making peace. :)

And about the material things that affect combat:

EDIT: Full changelog for the next version, WIP
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 12:43:02 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 749