Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833593 times)

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.31.25 Phoebus/ASCII
« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2012, 08:20:14 pm »

Can I use your prayer/altar workshop on my own mod? I'm not going to copy everything, but more of the idea. I'll use my own reagent and products. Is that okay?

Of course I'll credit you.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:35:23 pm by Prologue »

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2012, 09:05:07 pm »

I agree on abandoning Veok's raws. If you would like I can make up some raws and test them for generic animal products. I think I thought of a way to do it perfectly while I was working today.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2012, 09:28:02 pm »

@stronghammer: Zombies have NO ranged weapons. Never. ;-) And traps work as well as always. For melle combat: yeah, only by cutting of the head they die. Even if you cut of the lower body, they still come. I hope to fix the mines soon, so that you might blow them up.  But they have no armor and no weapons, other then their syndromes. These can only be transmitted by bites, so get good armor ;)

@prologue: Feel free to use what you like.

@ashnal: If you want to, sure. The problem I see is that veoks .exe did alter EVERY creature. It might be less work to use his to finish everything, then writing a new mod and change every god damn creature back... or getting a similar script, that replaces every local_creature_mat with generic_mat.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #228 on: January 10, 2012, 09:38:34 pm »

@ashnal: If you want to, sure. The problem I see is that veoks .exe did alter EVERY creature. It might be less work to use his to finish everything, then writing a new mod and change every god damn creature back... or getting a similar script, that replaces every local_creature_mat with generic_mat.
I had use the Find and Replace feature for my mod... lol

But the unlimited water, I don't think dwarves can drink from a bucket (as it they can take an empty one and fill it to give a drink but after that nada)
Also there's a 60% chance for water. But yeah you can butcher it :p
EDIT: Since they refused to drink from barrels I filed with water :/

And Ashnal, thank you. I was going nuts trying to... Fix? the mess lol

EDIT:
and odd, Fingers and Toes should connect to GRASP and STANCE parts, so I have no idea why they failed to find the Hands and Feet oh well. Fingers and Toes are over rated lol
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:41:23 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2012, 09:43:48 pm »

Ya in know they has no range, problem is when i run out of ammo. But ya im liking the challenge, my prob was I was expecting them to be the usual DF zombie or skeleton where one mybe two smack their dead. Cleeeeeearly not so. But ya loving the mod and it challenges.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2012, 10:00:34 pm »

Ya in know they has no range, problem is when i run out of ammo. But ya im liking the challenge, my prob was I was expecting them to be the usual DF zombie or skeleton where one mybe two smack their dead. Cleeeeeearly not so. But ya loving the mod and it challenges.
They better be a challenge lol, they are just beefd up versions of my zombies :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - NOW WITH SETTINGS! V.06
« Reply #231 on: January 10, 2012, 10:04:23 pm »

Yes they are ;)

>>> NEW DOWNLOAD WITH SETTINGS IS UP <<<

Here the results from the poll. Clearly something simple with more content is what the people want. Hope I got that right with the Settings-System. Reduced features are close behind, but that is also covered ;)

Known issues with the settings-tool:
- If you disable stones, but not gems, the error log complaints about missing stones to place gems in.
- If you disable Human Gear, the orcs will arrive almost weaponless as well. (Will be fixed by adding orc-only weapons)

- There are 465 different combinations, I did not test all of them ;) I'm sure with the right(or wrong) mix you can find all kinds of funky error-logs, but nothing should be serious. If it is, leave me a message ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:14:02 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 10, 2012, 10:17:42 pm »

@stronghammer: Zombies have NO ranged weapons. Never. ;-) And traps work as well as always. For melle combat: yeah, only by cutting of the head they die. Even if you cut of the lower body, they still come. I hope to fix the mines soon, so that you might blow them up.  But they have no armor and no weapons, other then their syndromes. These can only be transmitted by bites, so get good armor ;)

Easy enough to fix with find and replace. But, what I'm going to do is write new templates using the existing template names on the creatures. No changes to the creatures needed. Question for you though, are you using the material_template_default.txt from genesis? I'm seeing genesis templates in there.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:19:42 pm by Ashnal »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 10, 2012, 10:18:27 pm »

Easy enough to fix with find and replace. But, what I'm going to do is write new templates using the existing template names on the creatures. No changes to the creatures needed.
Thats the best way to do it

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #234 on: January 10, 2012, 10:23:53 pm »

So I have been modding all the time without knowing that something like find and replace (i downloaded it just now) exist. I'd love to post a FUUUU-Rageface, but I dont want to spam in my own thread ;)

Still, thanks :) I will concentrate on other items of the To do list then. I posted the full list as well, in the titlepage/first post.

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 10, 2012, 11:00:32 pm »

I recommend either notepad++ or EditPad. I use EditPad for regular expression find and replace :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #236 on: January 10, 2012, 11:05:13 pm »

I did use notepad++ for find and replace, strg+h. But that only works in one file. The VB program I wrote does it in multiple files, but writing the script takes longer than changing it yourself ^^

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 10, 2012, 11:08:27 pm »

hahahahaha second to vote, sorry, no more pointless posts. :P

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 10, 2012, 11:50:22 pm »

I did use notepad++ for find and replace, strg+h. But that only works in one file. The VB program I wrote does it in multiple files, but writing the script takes longer than changing it yourself ^^

In edit pad I can open all 52 creature files in tabs, hit ctrl+F, tick "Regular Expression" tick "All files"

Find: (COMMON|RARE|EXOTIC)_ANIMAL_MATERIALS

Replace with: STANDARD_MATERIALS

The hit "Replace all" and ALL occurances in all creature raws  of COMMON_ANIMAL_MATERIALS, RARE_ANIMAL_MATERIALS, and EXOTIC_ANIMAL_MATERIALS are replaced with STANDARD_MATERIALS

Almost feels like cheating sometimes :)

EDIT: Fat, tallow, leather, all working now. Tested with current release. Shall I homogenize bone, hoof, horn, and shell?

EDIT: Did I mention the find in all files function is really great when you know what you're looking for but have no idea which file its in?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:53:36 pm by Ashnal »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2012, 12:05:30 am »

Dont know if this was ever brought up, but your pray for food gives drink.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 749