Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833594 times)

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.31.25 Phoebus/ASCII
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2012, 02:11:48 am »

Yep, soap and generic body parts are still buggy, only leather/skin works just fine so far.

I figured out my  mistake. The detail plans need to name INORGANIC:COMMON_SOAP and such for the materials to be used. If they're named like material templates they don't work, they require the INORGANIC type before the material.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2012, 02:13:45 am »

Well, I hope that this issue will be fixed before the next release.

Just wanted to say that the work is going well. Currently trees, gems, soil, clay, sand, every single invader race, dwarven contructs, elven warbeasts... all that can be changed just by pressing one button :)

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2012, 06:30:19 am »

Very Nice. Got any error catches on the user input? (Sound, FPS, GFPS) because a dummy like me could come right in and type "5r7" for my sound and crash the app (or atlease horribly mess up my init) same goes for FPS im sure DF would freak if it had to parse a "letter/char" instead of a normal numeric data.

Kalithor123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2012, 08:17:33 am »

The turrets are firing only on distant targets, but their firebreath dont reach them,  and they ignore near enemys.

The mines do nothing.  :)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2012, 08:30:31 am »

Hey
Just wanted to let you know I am starting a community fortress for your mod. I hope you dont mind, and I hope I do your mod justice.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2012, 02:29:51 pm »

Could you be a bit more specific ? When do mines do nothing ? They work with syndromes, so immune creatures like undeads are currently unaffected.

I'm curious how the fortress will turn out. So much is unfinished, I hope it is playble on the long run ;)

Work on the settings continues. All settings done, added new (thanks to hugo) body to frost giants, added  all genesis buildings, working on gensis creatures and civs (civs crash the game atm) and writing a load/safe function, since it it possible to mess up your raws a bit. You ste something to NO, next startup of the program it says: Default is YES, but the Raw is still on NO setting. I just have to teach it to read out the raws and decide if it is on NO or YES at startup. 25 buttons, makes 50 little scripts. Yeah for copy+paste.

@hugo: no I dont. If you want to play with wtfe44err FPS, be my guest :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2012, 02:44:52 pm »

Holy snap the prayer system is powerful. I have 20 dwarves non-stop praying for stuff and oh my goodness, I only need other dwarves for the processing of those matierials.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2012, 03:20:20 pm »

Maybe I should add a reagent to the food/booze prayers. They are unbalanced... The metal ones should stay though, for people who dont have the metal on the map.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2012, 03:47:56 pm »

Ya something, maybe just decrease the percent chance of getting food and booze, cause if people have to start giving things up they may just stick with basic growing and brewing. Ya the metal ones work i only have gotten a couple of each bar so far, so its pretty good. Also food you get from prayer seems to end in "None" ex plump helmet none. Also loving the golems, I randomly got a gold and a bronze ones as creatures that came with migrants, and i love having them sit in my hall with my marksdwarves sitting behind them behind fortifications.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:59:48 pm by Stronghammer »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2012, 05:37:05 pm »

@Meph
Did you get the FG and Screw Pump Well raws?

Also for the prayers, decrease the chance to 1%-3% on it's own then have the before mentioned (somewhere on this topic) bone and blood offerings to increase the chances. Also I like the idea of praying for food/booze. Say an invasion has caused you to wall off the good portion of your fort (farms, metal industry, etc..) and you are camped in a little cuby hole praying for salvation (litterly)

I will have a look at the raws. If you like Meph I can add the prayer item issues to my TO-DO list

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2012, 05:45:54 pm »

Er, just for the record, I accidentally hit "Reduce Features" on the poll when I meant to hit "Add Features." Is there any way to un-submit my vote?

And I have a suggestion. You've replaced leather with a few standardized types. Could you do the same with soap or other processed animal/plant products?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2012, 06:15:37 pm »

@hugo: Yes i got them :) The giants had a little bp error concerning the fingers and toes. I fixed that by removing them, they have ice swords growing out of their arms anyway. In theory ;)

But I did not quite understand what I'm supposed to do with the screw pump well. It fills and emptys buckets... to fix the lye-in-bucket, bucket-unuseable bug?

I havent done much to the raws. But I got permission from deon to put anything I want from genesis in, so I added meteoric iron and the metalwork system. Optional setting should be all genesis buildings, creatures and civs. Only buildings work so far, since the creatures use a different formatting and the civs have a lot of custom clothing I DONT want to add.

If you want, you can do the praying. Should be a very low chance for free food/booze(similar to the metal) and a higher chance for random things if you offer something. The offerings should go to the temple, the free stuff to the altar.

@greatwyrmgold: is noted, although 1 of 80 votes is not too much ;) The standarized animal parts are on the list, but the original mod is not mine and it is difficult to mod. There should be generic fat/tallow/soap already included, although slightly buggy.

Plant products are few enough, and no one wants standarized booze, your dwarves would complain about the same drink.

The Settings.exe is done btw, I am currently playtesting. 26 individual settings, and you can mix them like you want :)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2012, 06:33:34 pm »

@Water Pump Well Comment
It acually fixes the water-in-bucket no use bug cause you can empty it. And say you can't reach water (desert, glacier, caves have no water) and your doctors need water for cast making, you can pump some up.

I give up on working with the mess of Veok's raws for general tissues/materials/detail_plans. They are so scattered it messes me up, I'm even havinf trouble trying to organize them. I think I'll leave that to you?

And technially they have steel swords growing out of their arms :P also what was the errorlog for the fingers and toes? I'm sure I pointed the tissues to cover them properly

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2012, 07:02:03 pm »

I'll continue veoks  mod then ;)

FG Error:
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_frost_giant.txt"
FROST_GIANT:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:WATER_T
FROST_GIANT:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:ICE_T
FROST_GIANT:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:WATER_T
FROST_GIANT:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:ICE_T
FROST_GIANT Color Mod Ending With (RED,1) Was Not Used

The screwpump sounds good as a bug fix, but free water wherever you want is as unbalanced as my altars ;) I think I add the reaction to the alchemyst. He can remove lye (empty buckets) and transmute something (booze?) into water. Thanks for the raws.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2012, 07:56:31 pm »

oh my zombies are strong. They all come elite wrestlers, 20 of them and completely decimate my 20 militia (all elite marksdwarfs and hammerdwarfs), bronze golem, gold golem, and turret. Hammers, and bolts dont do much, and they tear through leather with ease, only casualties they suffered was the six in cage traps OH MY. Note to self, zombies mean locked gate till steel.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 749