Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833449 times)

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - DOWNLOAD - V.31.25 Phoebus
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2012, 10:21:54 pm »

I don't think I saw this mentioned so:

On the surface layer, several (or all in the case of the desert world) tiles randomly (like 100 times per second) swap between other tiles (i.e. every tile possible).  Is this suppose to be to be happening?    Clean install of the mod, the only thing I did was install the newest DF hack via the SDL.  I haven't tried a true clean install, but I don't see how SDL injection would cause that.  Any idea?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2012, 10:26:34 pm »

I don't think I saw this mentioned so:

On the surface layer, several (or all in the case of the desert world) tiles randomly (like 100 times per second) swap between other tiles (i.e. every tile possible).  Is this suppose to be to be happening?    Clean install of the mod, the only thing I did was install the newest DF hack via the SDL.  I haven't tried a true clean install, but I don't see how SDL injection would cause that.  Any idea?

this is a phoebus issue, there's an FAQ for it in her thread im pretty sure.

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:11 pm »

Wierd, I've never seen it with pheobus before this mod, but I'll go look.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2012, 10:49:35 pm »

I've seen the rapid high-speed random changing of ground tiles happen with duplicate raws.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2012, 10:53:13 pm »

Duplicate raws are possible I suppose, but like I said, I unzipped his mod and played right from that directory.

Now I'm getting an error trying to open the saved game:  Missing Material Template: STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE

edit: This causes a CTD btw

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2012, 11:19:43 pm »

I'm playtesting right now. Found some minor bugs, but neither the flickering tiles, nor the missing template. I checked, the [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE] is in material_template_default.txt and it is there, definetly not missing... you must have done something to your RAWs... otherwise i cant explain that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2012, 11:45:16 pm »

I scrubbed the directory and reinstalled the latest download.  I'm genning a fresh world (not one of your premades) and I'll le tyou know in a minute.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2012, 11:50:40 pm »

Ok, thanks. btw, the pre-genned worlds are just settings. If you use them, you get a fresh world as well.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kasan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2012, 12:00:27 am »

Ok, fully unmodified from the DFFD download - no raw editing, no adding the real DFHACK (you including some stuff I've never actually seen in the DFHACK package they offer) and not updating the tileset config utility to the latest version, I have the following:

Castes are NOT on by default

Sand Tiles are rapidly changing to every other tiletype possible.

Embarked into a Lots of Soil embark - zero soil except for surface tiles.  Everything for the first 6 layers are "Rock"

Edit: Channeling through the tiles doesn't really do anything.  Building a wall, then removing it changes the tile to the base material of the wall like normal.
Note: the rapid tile cycling doesn't appear to affect my FPS (I get 150 flat)

Edit 2: Saving and loading no longer causes a missing template error.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:04:30 am by kasan »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2012, 12:33:34 am »

I downloaded and play the same version as you, but i couldnt replicate the sand-tile error. The only thing i changed about tiles in the update is a number of grass tiles that i added, the same that genesis uses, and i used before.

Castes are on by default, but less than half your dwarves are in a caste. Mostly you have standart dwarves, i did not want to make them too strong.

Bugs that I found:
Acid landmines are named landmine
Wooden trap parts can be made of metal by friendly civ, not by you.
All fat/tallow will be made into penguin man muscle in the kitchen ?
Undeads have no NO_FEAR
Migrants can arrive with very very costly pets. (mines/turrets/golems)
Should be played with high mineral count. (have some rock-only layers as well)

Played 1 year so far, I keep you posted. But its true about the minerals, i have to change the settings in the pre-genned worlds, otherwise you have barely anything. Should make a note, that people should put that on very high.

Thanks for the report though. Lets see if someone else gets flickering tiles.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2012, 12:39:45 am »

Is the global absence of clay intentional? I couldn't even get any on a world generated with custom parameters. If yes, then the pottery and glazing skills should probably be disabled, since they are useless.

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2012, 01:54:38 am »

Since most of this pack I wasn't particularly interested in at the moment, I only downloaded the music tracks. I replaced the song_game file with the file from the pack and renamed it (I copied the original file to the zip for safekeeping) but now all that plays is the title track on loop in the actual game. I really like the music in that pack, so is there something I'm doing wrong?

The downloaded files are in the appropriate folder (sound folder in data) and named song_game, and I have the other file removed from the folder, so what am I doing wrong?
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2012, 02:08:37 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=890

This is the download link for only the music. I did not add it to the Mod itself, because I am in colombia right know and the internet is horribly slow. The download link is also in the first post.

And about the clay: Ups. Seems I did remove one material too much. I wanted to leave one type of sand, one type of soil and one type of clay. Apparently i did remove all clay. Can easily be fixed. On the other hand: Does anyone use the Clay and Kiln, Glazing stuff ? I know I dont... I could remove that instead.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2012, 03:13:17 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=890

This is the download link for only the music. I did not add it to the Mod itself, because I am in colombia right know and the internet is horribly slow. The download link is also in the first post.

And about the clay: Ups. Seems I did remove one material too much. I wanted to leave one type of sand, one type of soil and one type of clay. Apparently i did remove all clay. Can easily be fixed. On the other hand: Does anyone use the Clay and Kiln, Glazing stuff ? I know I dont... I could remove that instead.
I do sometimes, I'd leave it in. As there are quite a few people that do use clay and whatnot, and those that don't usally end up trying it at some point.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2012, 07:05:47 am »

I do sometimes, I'd leave it in. As there are quite a few people that do use clay and whatnot, and those that don't usally end up trying it at some point.

Seconding this.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 749