Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833436 times)

Pancho Cachondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - DOWNLOAD - V.31.25 Phoebus
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2012, 04:29:24 pm »

My miner suffocated while mining... is this normal?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2012, 04:39:18 pm »

Two quick questions, does it work for mac?
And if so, how do I make it work?
If you have the MAC version of DF yes it should. Do you know how to locate the RAW foulder within the DF directory (Im a fail MAC user so bare with me)

Just copy the Modded raws and overwrite the Raws within the DF raws foulder (note make a backup first)

My miner suffocated while mining... is this normal?
Yes, well If it was a gem cluster yes, but there is a gasous stone that appears everywhere. It's to add caution to the mining experience. Just be careful where you mine. The feature can be removed.

Shmadolf Shmitler

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of tea leaves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2012, 04:40:28 pm »

Two quick questions, does it work for mac?
And if so, how do I make it work?
If you have the MAC version of DF yes it should. Do you know how to locate the RAW foulder within the DF directory (Im a fail MAC user so bare with me)

Just copy the Modded raws and overwrite the Raws within the DF raws foulder (note make a backup first)

Oh okay, cool.
Thanks, bro.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2012, 07:45:28 pm »

Thanks for the feedback so far. I try to add some optional settings.

Aquifier ON/OFF
Invaders ON/OFF
Warpstone/Coaldust ON/OFF (thats what hit your miner i'd bet)
Religion/Caste ON/OFF

FPS 500 was for testing. Can be easily changed in the data/init/init.txt Just change it to any number you want. My little laptop here cant do the 500 in fortress mode anyway, so I never noticed how fast it could be... I will reduce it for the next download.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shmadolf Shmitler

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of tea leaves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2012, 10:02:03 pm »

Hey, uh, it's not working on mac.  It appears to not even be the right type of file, because the raw folder is full of folders full of folders full of folders full of text documents, but the file I get is like... a sheet of paper that nothing works with.  I'm sorry I'm so derpy :I

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2012, 11:18:33 pm »

>>>NEW VERSION IS UP<<<

About the mac: The file you have from the download is a winrar file, you need to extract that. I have never in my life used a mac, so I cant help you there. Sry.

Because of the feedback I got, I added this:
FPS is now 150 default.
I added 5 Settings to chose from, you can now easily turn these things ON or OFF:
Invaders
Religion
Castes
Aquifier
Warpstone & Coaldust

Just check the Optional Settings folder. A simple manual is included :) Hope you like the changes :)

I also included more features:
Invaders have castes. 5 castes for undeads, 6 for orcs and 3 for frost giants (fixed that spelling error as well) Makes it a bit harder and more diverse. Still, obsisidanizer, freezetrap, magma, dodgetrap with 20z-level fall... all that should still make you invincible, if you wish this ;)

Anything someone would like to see in this mod ? I am open for ideas.
My own thoughts:
A fearless, non-fleeing siege operator. :)
Easter Egg caste: Cacame, Morul, Lord Sankis and Holistic detective/Nemo... a 1:1000 chance that they appear, with respective skills. But that would be just for fun. ;)

I also would like to add a special drop for more difficult creatures. Easily done with custom_corpse. But what would be so much worth, that fighting a legendary enemy is worth it ?
1. A new metal, better then steel, worse then candy cotton. (But i wanted no new materials)
2. Something with a really really high value for trading. Soulgems or whatever.
3. A new reaction item. Used in a new building for SUPER SPECIAL GEAR.
(EDIT: who needs super special gear, if they defeat the strongest enemies anyway ?)

Well, I dont know what you'd like ^^ Point is that you should actively seek out strong opponents for the good items they drop. 

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:39:36 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2012, 05:05:15 am »

I cant open the "Masterwork-Manual" In the Game Directory, could somebody tell me a program that's able to open it?

Other than that, allready started a Fort that just reached Year 2 and immediately became food for an invading Force of Undead, Mod is great but as a noob i have to get a hang for these early attacks and what to do about them...
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2012, 05:44:09 am »

I cant open the "Masterwork-Manual" In the Game Directory, could somebody tell me a program that's able to open it?

Other than that, allready started a Fort that just reached Year 2 and immediately became food for an invading Force of Undead, Mod is great but as a noob i have to get a hang for these early attacks and what to do about them...
I believe Meph used .pdf files for his manuals and whatnot so Adobe Reader or any program that can read .PDF files will work.

And for early attacks, get some weapon/cage traps made up to thin the hoard. And have a militia training around the first migrant wave. Also set up some raisable drawbridges and use them as unbreakable doors. Or skimp out on food and booze and bring some armor and weapons on embark for your starting militia.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2012, 06:32:31 am »

I believe Meph used .pdf files for his manuals and whatnot so Adobe Reader or any program that can read .PDF files will work.

And for early attacks, get some weapon/cage traps made up to thin the hoard. And have a militia training around the first migrant wave. Also set up some raisable drawbridges and use them as unbreakable doors. Or skimp out on food and booze and bring some armor and weapons on embark for your starting militia.

Did that now with a new Fort, when the Undead-Siege came they retreated right after the first 3 Zombies hit my traps, that normal? If i'm not completely wrong in vanilla you had to kill/catch a lot more siegers until they ran away... That's not a complaint obviously, it's just a little strange, especially with the Undead.

Btw, a huge hug for those 10 embarks and pre-genned World, i really enjoy trying them all out! 
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2012, 06:52:41 am »

Did that now with a new Fort, when the Undead-Siege came they retreated right after the first 3 Zombies hit my traps, that normal? If i'm not completely wrong in vanilla you had to kill/catch a lot more siegers until they ran away... That's not a complaint obviously, it's just a little strange, especially with the Undead.

Btw, a huge hug for those 10 embarks and pre-genned World, i really enjoy trying them all out!
Seems that Zombies are missing the [NOFEAR] tag, making them more like goblins (they can be scared and flee if loss of leader)

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2012, 11:03:00 am »

I also would like to add a special drop for more difficult creatures. Easily done with custom_corpse. But what would be so much worth, that fighting a legendary enemy is worth it ?
1. A new metal, better then steel, worse then candy cotton. (But i wanted no new materials)
(EDIT: who needs super special gear, if they defeat the strongest enemies anyway ?)

Well, I dont know what you'd like ^^ Point is that you should actively seek out strong opponents for the good items they drop. 
4. Trophies!

Make the big monsters drop a useless artefact relating to the legendary foe that has been slain, so you can put them on display to make your dwarves go "oooh!" and to dazzle diplomats at the sight of your fortress's heroic deeds. :D

A trophy would have no functional use beyond being used as a display piece but that would give you a fun "extra" from legendary monsters to build around and would give some small benefit from being an artefact on display. It would also avoid the usual problems that come with things with a functional use - as you can't use it for anything other than normal useless artefact use, there are no problems with trophies being SUPERAWESOME material/gear, or being much of a trade issue.

I'm not sure what can be easily done but it would be awesome if the artefacts could be creature specific, eg "<bodypart> of <monster name>. This relates to <blahdeblah>...". So you could have the hand of an aluminium colossus that attacked, or the beak of a giant, tentacled, gas spewing sparrow etc. Otherwise a generic Monster Trophy(TM) would work, so you could have a big display hall (or throneroom) relating all the dead dragons, choking dust heaps and balls of malevolent vomit that your dwarves have slain. :)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2012, 12:14:44 pm »

4. Trophies!

Make the big monsters drop a useless artefact relating to the legendary foe that has been slain, so you can put them on display to make your dwarves go "oooh!" and to dazzle diplomats at the sight of your fortress's heroic deeds. :D

A trophy would have no functional use beyond being used as a display piece but that would give you a fun "extra" from legendary monsters to build around and would give some small benefit from being an artefact on display. It would also avoid the usual problems that come with things with a functional use - as you can't use it for anything other than normal useless artefact use, there are no problems with trophies being SUPERAWESOME material/gear, or being much of a trade issue.

I'm not sure what can be easily done but it would be awesome if the artefacts could be creature specific, eg "<bodypart> of <monster name>. This relates to <blahdeblah>...". So you could have the hand of an aluminium colossus that attacked, or the beak of a giant, tentacled, gas spewing sparrow etc. Otherwise a generic Monster Trophy(TM) would work, so you could have a big display hall (or throneroom) relating all the dead dragons, choking dust heaps and balls of malevolent vomit that your dwarves have slain. :)
Well if Meph would include it, it would be a easy as [ITEMCORPSE:(Trophy Item Type):NO_SUBTYPE:MAT:MAT_SUBBTYPE]

(Trophy Item Type) - could be a statue, or custom Tool that serves only a valuable item and for the construction of "Trophy Cases(or what they would be)".
NO_SUBTYPE - if this a statue leave like this, If Item Type is TOOL then ITEM_TOOL_(trophy tool id).
MAT - can be INORGANIC, CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE, PLANT_MAT:PLANT, or LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT.
MAT_SUBTYPE - if "MAT" INORGANIC any stone, metal, whatnot. If "MAT" is CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE/PLANT_MAT:PLANT/LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT then a material id inside the creature.

But I don't see CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE/PLANT_MAT:PLANT/LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT being too useful as he does have a "simplified" material list to limit clutter. But if LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT could be used you would (in theory) get "(quality)(creature name)(Material Name)(Item Name)(quality)"

EDIT:
If Meph doesn't like it and you really would like it. Thats how you would do it :P

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2012, 07:00:05 pm »

I highly approve of the awesomeness of this coupled with Fortress Defence Mod.

I turned off AUTOSAVE: SEASONAL because it messes up some loading and saving, as in if you load a previous save and it outdates your latter saves the name of the save still looks outdated. My autumn-year-6 save is my current save, and spring-8 is outdated. If I didn't already know which one was current I'd be confused as to which one is the real save, load up spring-8 and lose the progress between it and autumn-6 (which is a couple of months ahead).

I also love how you upped the FPS cap, now my forts start off in super-fast motion. The only problem is that I run a pretty good computer, and I'm up to the siege stage and had to take the cap down to 100 again just to see what was going on and make quick movements.

Still, highly approve.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2012, 09:05:45 pm »

Thanks guys. :)

In all the NO_WHATEVER tags, i really forgot to add Nofear for undeads...  :o I will also do some testing with itemcorpse. Check if castespecific and/or multiple itemcorpse works :) Local_creature_skull would work btw. BUT i cant add a generated description, like historic events that concern the slain creature. I could give every type a specific item though. "This is a masterwork orc trophy, taken from the cold dead hands of your slain enemy." OR use the solution proposed by hugo. That would make a generic item fitting for the slain enemy, but without description.

I could make them very valueable (for trading) and make them a needed item for alchemy (they serve a purpose, other than looks) to create something special.

Anyway, I'll just see what you guys come up with :)

If you have any epic screenshots from your games, post them here, i'd love to see them. btw I'm very happy that no one has reported any serious bugs. :) Working now on the ascii version...

EDIT: The autosave was mostly for testing. I expected more problems, crashes, whatever, and continues saves would be good for finding out what caused it. The savesystem is unfortunately flawed...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:38:04 pm by Meph »

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2012, 09:37:30 pm »

To save you some testing:

Check if castespecific

Yup!

multiple itemcorpse works

Nope. Last itemcorpse listed will overwrite the previous one(s).
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 749