Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833424 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ Dwarf Fortress - V0.5 - DF V.31.25 incl. grapics/sound
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2012, 06:54:23 pm »

should have those alter require reasources/tribute, say REMAINS or add [REACTION_CLASS:BONES] to the bone material and use bones.

Also did some testing with the Fire Mine, I got all the tissues and spelling errors fixed. made a material and another Tissue within the Creature. Saddly the DRAGONFIREBREATH does not activate right away and when it does, the mine does not get caught in it. But the Mine will die if it does, as it is very senstive to heat.

Had to remove the SPEED:20000 as it made it way to slow to react to attackers. So this is what must be done:

Some kind of vapor breath that kills the mine, or find a way to get it caught in it's own fire.

Other then that this Mine can be a template for others, just needs to be tweaked.

Body:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Creature:

EDIT:
I may not have made it burn up when it attacks (unless it magiclly runs into it) but I did manage to make the perfect landmine setup for you.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:55:54 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2012, 06:59:44 pm »

Well, I like to keep it simple. If you'd have to read an extra manual to understand what the new stuff does, I wouldn't include it.

Castes are: The Legion, The Guild and Royals. Combat, Labor and Social, because the game itself splits skills into these three categories. And of course normal dwarves, which would be your usual hauler/farmer/brewer/cook, low level tasks.

I know that genesis has several castes (8?), but if I read Obsidian dwarf or Aspid dwarf, then I dont know what that does, and have to look it up. Simplicitiy is the key, at least in this mod ;)

Preachers/Priests  can console dwaves, if they are angry, they will go and talk to them :)

EDIT:@hugo: thanks, I will test it right away. Might use the body for all the mines now, but I still leave the fire/ice out. ;) And viewrange should be 1, or 0 if possible, and speed super slow again. I dont want them to run around, not to attacking enemies, and not just meandering around when unbound.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:06:13 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2012, 09:17:09 pm »

Yea since I couldn't get the mine to burn to death I was kinda disapointed. But the Frost might be do-able since creatures that use VAPOR breath attacks usally get caught in it so making the COLDDAM point on the internal Brass material might make it work. Saddly no exploding fire mines. But oh well at least you have a better working landmine body and creature to work with :P

Also add this to BONES in the default material templates (and any other bone templates you may have made) [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BONES:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]
If you want to make it so that the Alter's can't just supply your fortress at a whim :P
You can also add [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BLOODD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD] to the default blood template
and use a reaction like this
Now I haven't tested either of these. And you could make a reaction at the screw press, to press blood from meat (destroying the meat).

Sorry if I'm intruding on your religion aspect :P I just think these alters will be spammed like... well... Religiously :P

EDIT:
I think my Computer might have a jabberwocky, because some of my words mysteriously are missing letters
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:19:05 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ Dwarf Fortress - DOWNLOAD - V.31.25 Phoebus
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2012, 12:18:22 am »

Praying is not very effective, more a pasttime for migrants... if they pray 100 times, they got 2 bronze, 1 iron, 1 steel... thats it. But if you have master alchemists praying in 20 altars, then it works a lot better.

And I'd like to see a nice armok cult springing up, why not ;)

btw: DOWNLOAD is ready :) Lets see how many bugs people can find, since most things in fortress mode are untested. lol. But the only thing in the error log is a unrecognized inorganic token: Rhyolite. And I just cant find the right .txt to fix it. ^^

Anyway, have fun people. I will not work as furiously from now on, I will wait a while for people to report what works and what does not. 
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ Dwarf Fortress - DOWNLOAD - V.31.25 Phoebus
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2012, 12:45:48 am »

Praying is not very effective, more a pasttime for migrants... if they pray 100 times, they got 2 bronze, 1 iron, 1 steel... thats it. But if you have master alchemists praying in 20 altars, then it works a lot better.

And I'd like to see a nice armok cult springing up, why not ;)

btw: DOWNLOAD is ready :) Lets see how many bugs people can find, since most things in fortress mode are untested. lol. But the only thing in the error log is a unrecognized inorganic token: Rhyolite. And I just cant find the right .txt to fix it. ^^

Anyway, have fun people. I will not work as furiously from now on, I will wait a while for people to report what works and what does not. 
Still would have liked to see offerings to Armok other then migrants :P I will try and find some time to play this :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - DOWNLOAD - V.31.25 Phoebus
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2012, 01:17:36 am »

Well, i might add other offers ;) who knows.. for now, no modding is planned, i take a break. I will be on TV tomorrow ;)

Anyway, just wanted to say that I plan on making many features optional. Invaders, Aquifier, Warpstone....

And a brainfart about the fire mine: there is the standart tissue:flame used for fire creatures. If they die, they burn everyone around them with their boiling blood. That might work for a temperatur based mine. :) Just changing the liquid in the mine to superhot or supercold, and if someone kills them, he gets hit by the blood... or in this case hydraulical fluid.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2012, 04:22:43 am »

So excited to start toying with this

EDIT: Quite curious as to why you set the FPS to 500, makes fortress mode way too fast. I know how to adjust it of course but I'm curious.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 12:20:07 pm by Vherid »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2012, 12:44:35 pm »

So excited to start toying with this

EDIT: Quite curious as to why you set the FPS to 500, makes fortress mode way too fast. I know how to adjust it of course but I'm curious.
Speed testing, as the more FPS the more Ticks the more Ticks the faster seasons go by, and Testing of trading/invaders/Mirgants is faster.
Just my guess, I don't tinker with FPS too much just my testing race [SPEED:0]

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2012, 01:39:13 pm »

There are things that i like and things that i dont like about this mod.

I guess ill treat it like all the other mods and just extract the best part to stitch them together with some own customizations into my own mod-hybrid. I am really curious to see how the enhanced diplomats are done, i tried to to that myself some time ago and failed horribly.

Pancho Cachondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2012, 02:35:34 pm »

I've been waiting for this mod, I'm gonna play with it and report back. Thanks!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2012, 02:38:29 pm »

I guess ill treat it like all the other mods and just extract the best part to stitch them together with some own customizations into my own mod-hybrid. I am really curious to see how the enhanced diplomats are done, i tried to to that myself some time ago and failed horribly.
Dislike those parts as in "Personal Pref?" or just is a bad/bugged feature?

I've been waiting for this mod, I'm gonna play with it and report back. Thanks!
Good luck, Meph put alot of work into it :P

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2012, 02:46:50 pm »

Well, i might add other offers ;) who knows.. for now, no modding is planned, i take a break. I will be on TV tomorrow ;)

Anyway, just wanted to say that I plan on making many features optional. Invaders, Aquifier, Warpstone....

And a brainfart about the fire mine: there is the standart tissue:flame used for fire creatures. If they die, they burn everyone around them with their boiling blood. That might work for a temperatur based mine. :) Just changing the liquid in the mine to superhot or supercold, and if someone kills them, he gets hit by the blood... or in this case hydraulical fluid.

Oh for th vaporising death stone, up the death stones material density to insane amounts. the more dense the more gas it makes (at least that is what I have heard)

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2012, 03:01:21 pm »

Dislike those parts as in "Personal Pref?" or just is a bad/bugged feature?
Some features just dont fit into my current mod-pack, like the caste system, as i made my own castes, some i just don't like personally, like the religion and the altars.

What i surely will use are the mood-weapons, i quite like that idea, i even started a new topic just for collecting more of those "Flavor-items".
Also if i can find that part i will extract the diplomacy systems and most of the bug fixes

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2012, 03:32:02 pm »

Okay, I had a quick look at it. Two things I noticed:

1. Frost Giants are misspelled "Gaints"
2. Site finder was unable to locate clay. (checked Cursed and Gaia world only)

Shmadolf Shmitler

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of tea leaves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2012, 04:25:34 pm »

Two quick questions, does it work for mac?
And if so, how do I make it work?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 749