Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840223 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9990 on: March 17, 2013, 11:15:15 pm »

Question!

Was there something changed in Masterwork where on embark dwarves with the Ambusher skill as their highest skill wont get the free hunter stuff? Several times I've embarked with a hunter dwarf (5 ambusher, five other skills at 1) and they wouldnt get the hunter stuff. =(
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: March 17, 2013, 11:18:19 pm »

They should. I'm not sure if that can be changed.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: March 17, 2013, 11:25:04 pm »

They should. I'm not sure if that can be changed.

Unfortunately he didnt.. I checked all my dwarves inventories, just in case, and the various early stockpiles I made.. some bolts (I bought extra ones, which were these ones) and an extra pick but no leather armor, no crossbow, no quiver, etc >.>

Also, something weird j ust happened...

"'Miner'Rerithmorul, Miner, has transformed into a dwarf staring at the shifting ore!"
"'Miner' Rerithmorul, dwarf staring at the shifting ore miner cancels dig: too injured"
"'Miner' Rerithmorul, dwarf staring at the shifting ore miner, has transformed into a dwarf!"

What the hell is that all about?!?! O_O Now there is a bone/body on the ground, that interrupted my other miner, but my unit list hasnt changed..

Edit: both my miners are accounted for... *confused and worried*
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:26:39 pm by lwCoyote »
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #9993 on: March 17, 2013, 11:34:54 pm »

To confirm, I don't get free hunter's stuff either when I embarked.
Also, 10000th post on this thread!

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: March 17, 2013, 11:43:00 pm »

And the fort in question fell to a metal wraith... no military, so it didnt take long. Oddly, most of the battle took place underwater.. and one of my craftsdwarves became a legendary wrestler/master fighter before perishing..

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: March 17, 2013, 11:47:23 pm »

Yep, I had read about that and had accepted the change, I just need to get it back.  I will try tonight and see if I can get it working.  when you said you had to 'remake' the init file, what do you mean?

As suggested, all you need to do is install DFHack r3 over your current Masterwork folder, then follow the instructions in this post in the workflow thread to add keybindings, you should be good to go. Let me know if you have any issues.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: March 17, 2013, 11:56:36 pm »

on the ambusher topic once more, just did a reclaim of the fallen fortress and gave all 7 the ambusher skill at max and no other skills, and none of them had the hunter gear

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: March 18, 2013, 12:24:29 am »

I don't think ambushers get free stuff anymore on embark in vanilla.  You definitely don't in MDF and afaik it's not moddable.

and wiki's only comment on it for current version is
"Unfortunately, no free equipment is available when embarking in Dwarf Fortress mode. "

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: March 18, 2013, 12:47:38 am »

Huh. I did a test embark in vanilla and genesis reborn, and didnt get free gear there either. but i am sure that I have in the past with 34.11.

*puzzled and begins to doubt own sanity*

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9999 on: March 18, 2013, 03:22:49 am »

Since 34. dwarves dont get free ambusher gear. Not in vanilla, not in genesis, not in masterwork.

And the 10000th post on this thread goes to a nyancat-brony. I am ambivalent about that. :P

@ lwCoyote: While your request about easier farming was very politely written, the answer is no. Underground farming is a cheap, easy, unlimited supply of food and booze in a completely sealed of fortress. Thats why I made it so slow. Try using fertilizer, boozebelly goats, more trading.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10000 on: March 18, 2013, 04:40:41 am »

Did anyone say magic armor? You can now engrave any armor with these abilities. Want a bronze armor that protects from stuns? Maybe Iron armor, that allows you to stay awake forever and breathe underwater? Or an Adamantine Breastplate that halves all damage you take, lets you see through walls and makes you immune to pain? ALL POSSIBLE NOW. :)

Yes, that seems powerful. But you need one coal and one bar for each. Thats 15 bars of coal, 15 metal bars, one of each metal. All just for one armor. It currently accepts any upper body armor, even shirts (lol), so I have some work to do. I think I will limit it to metal armors, because even leather is not that could to inscribe runes on. ;)

All these effects are really weak, except the Iridium and Adamantine ones. I guess the no-pain from bronze is nice as well. I will now start doing "real" magical items, that have one special effect and are custom made. These will be very expensive, but way more powerful then the rune inscriptions.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:56:45 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: March 18, 2013, 05:46:10 am »

I like the sound of the Iron rune. Seems a tad OP if it prevents ALL tantruming though. Does it completely negate tantruming or what?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10002 on: March 18, 2013, 05:53:09 am »

No emotion. Cant get negative or positive thoughs about anything. But that only counts for people wearing metal armor inscribed with iron runes. So if you have 100 dwarves, 20 military, and you managed to give all of them this rune... you still have 80 tantruming dwarves.

EDIT: Weather Control Device fully operational. Clear skies, rain or snow, whenever you like. Building is there, needs blueprints traded from gnomes.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:25:01 am by Meph »

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: March 18, 2013, 06:35:06 am »

Meph, your effort and awards in this mod are great :)

In the poll, I voted for posticipate things as much as possible, because I read from other forums that new versions of dfhack are coming, and also an update of DF vanilla maybe soon ?

I think there is no reason for you to work much in things that might change slightly.

I really hope base DF game will have new ways for modders to interact and improve the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10004 on: March 18, 2013, 06:51:27 am »

dfhack is already out. ;)

What toady is doing does not matter much, might take 1 day, might take another half year... but I wont update to a new version of DF quickly, because there will be 2-3 bugfix-releases shortly after, and all utilities have to be updated. Too much hassle.
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 749