Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839646 times)

Ozfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9675 on: March 06, 2013, 11:14:40 am »

I have a few questions for the experts:

1.The elves brought me a warpstone landmine in a cage,(I guess it qualifies as an exotic creature  :P) and I was wondering how to operate it.

2.I got an 'Apostle of Armok'.  Is there a special use for this aside from the preacher noble?

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the mod, great job.

Jerbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: March 06, 2013, 11:15:46 am »

The colosseum is actually one of my favorite features, as incredibly dangerous as it is. I enjoy taking on a bronze colossus for the platinum soul...I once had 6 spawn at once. The unknown factor is at times, hilarious to me.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: March 06, 2013, 11:17:20 am »

You know what has me stumped ? How can there be a russion wiki, a japanese wiki, and what I assume to be  more or less OK translations of the mod, but A: I dont know about it (which means no one has asked) and B: Why did the english wiki not work?  :o

Ryan ashes did write me about the russion one, asking for help after he was 50% done. But thats about it. ^^

First impact with this discovery could be negative, I can understand you, but think about how much passion and interest DF and MW DF are spreading :) it's a good thing.
I'll never do an italian translation anyway, the main game it's english and it could only be a problem + extra work.

Instead, let's talk again about the guide / walktrought / video / tutorials.
I saw you got passionate about making a succession game, this is really great, but try to build down things in a "explanatory way", at least it will be both funny and helpful.
With this, I mean that you shouldn't just "barricate in a evil enviroment or embark on a volcano and making a long corridor with traps" thing, but try to build and explain the behaviour of all your extra buildings, or (and this is more important) try to describe wich new possibilities in the early game your mod brings.

Well a good 75% of your improvements are really self-explanatory, but I have many doubts about the great world of magic (arcane and divine) you added to the game.
Also rushing trough only one "military industry" could be a good way to play, with your mod. Like spending all resources in making golems, or magic, or glass/stone weaponry early in the game.

Also, in the end I can't really judge my experience with your mod yet, I just did 1 fortress, but I'm not getting sieged or attacked by the tremendous creatures you created yet, except for the bifrost giants, for wich my new forge is waiting.
One bad thing it happened to me, due to my lack of experience, I stopped my Depot to work because of traps (didn't know that), and in the 2 years passed without caravans (other than having huge FPS problems for my stockpiles full of unusable goods), I lost my civilization. (asked for help here)
Maybe your terrible creatures / siegers attacked more them than me ? I'm getting only sieges by stupid orcs and goblins, yes, well armed, but now I have 40 soldiers with steel and they're not a match anymore.

That's my only problem up to now: the game seems too easy, compared to what I did expect.
But 1 fortress is not enough to judge, also, I'm plaiyng Gaia. Next time I'll play something very hard.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:30:50 am by Nokao »

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: March 06, 2013, 11:19:12 am »

1.The elves brought me a warpstone landmine in a cage,(I guess it qualifies as an exotic creature  :P) and I was wondering how to operate it.

2.I got an 'Apostle of Armok'.  Is there a special use for this aside from the preacher noble?

I think I can help you :)

I discovered yesterday how to use that things, you have to build the last workshop named "spawn location",
where you want the turret or anything (also scarecrows etc) then build it.

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: March 06, 2013, 11:26:14 am »

You know what has me stumped ? How can there be a russion wiki, a japanese wiki, and what I assume to be  more or less OK translations of the mod, but A: I dont know about it (which means no one has asked) and B: Why did the english wiki not work?  :o

Ryan ashes did write me about the russion one, asking for help after he was 50% done. But thats about it. ^^
A) But I did inform you not long ago <.<.
B) Because not everyone knows english? I guess it's valid answer.
BTW russiAn please, two times the same mistype is bad for eyes.

Dwarf_Eater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: March 06, 2013, 11:59:25 am »

I think I can help you :)

I discovered yesterday how to use that things, you have to build the last workshop named "spawn location",
where you want the turret or anything (also scarecrows etc) then build it.

Nope. Spawnpoint workshop is for creatures you produce in your fortress. I mean sowing seeds, installing turret etc. In case bought "creatures" You just have to get them out of the cage (unfortunately i know only the way of building cage, assigning creature and then unassigning it to dorf take the creature out) then you just have to pasture turret/landmine/dolem or whatever where you need

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: March 06, 2013, 12:14:34 pm »

You can just assign it to pasture while it's still in the cage, a worker will come take it out and lead to pasture.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: March 06, 2013, 01:55:18 pm »

Smake is correct landmines purchased as pets from traders work exactly like animals, pasture them where you want them. If you make a landmine, which tbh I don't recall if that is a feature in this version or not, then you have to use the spawn point building to place it, and you will not be able to move it after it is place.

Riverfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: March 06, 2013, 01:56:46 pm »

My squad of steel clad newbies juat got chewed by a lasse.

"What on earth is a lasse?" **Checks raws**

A seal? A goddamn seal? **inarticulate sputtering**

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9684 on: March 06, 2013, 02:38:25 pm »

Well, a prone-to-rage seal shaped monster 5 times the size of a dwarf :)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: March 06, 2013, 02:55:44 pm »

This give the phrase "fur is murder" another whole perspective.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: March 06, 2013, 03:41:30 pm »

I like to play with bigger regions, so does it really matter if I don't use a pre-genned world? Am I going to miss out on anything if I generat a world?
My method is tweaking the pre-genned worlds. Like adding volcanism to garden of gaia, or increasing savagery for the beginner's world, that kind of thing. This works best for me, and I can recommend the same. The diversity of the pre-genned worlds covers most scenarios, and they need little modification to fit anyone's needs.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: March 06, 2013, 04:40:55 pm »

I like to play with bigger regions, so does it really matter if I don't use a pre-genned world? Am I going to miss out on anything if I generat a world?
My method is tweaking the pre-genned worlds. Like adding volcanism to garden of gaia, or increasing savagery for the beginner's world, that kind of thing. This works best for me, and I can recommend the same. The diversity of the pre-genned worlds covers most scenarios, and they need little modification to fit anyone's needs.

Sounds great, I'll do it next time ;)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: March 06, 2013, 04:59:31 pm »

A quick question: Roughly when will the linux and mac versions of masterwork V.2g come out?
I will probably have time to do the Linux version this weekend, I need to build and test my build of the new Therapist first.
I could update the mac version when I do that, all that is needed is a swap out of the raws, manuals, and settings.exe.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9689 on: March 06, 2013, 05:09:23 pm »

You dont want to wait for another update? I might be distracted by the graphics stuff, but I have a nice todo list for the mod already.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 749