Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839616 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9645 on: March 05, 2013, 04:25:01 pm »

"assign a bed to all dwarfes in your fort"

I hate to give this info to you, because you will probably facepalm, but if you just make a bedroom and dont assign it to anyone, dwarves without a bedroom will automatically pick it.

@eggthief: Some stones dont drop boulders, but most do. Generally weak-sounding stones dont leave anything. Dig deeper, find granite or grabbo or dolomite, and you are good. Also: Settings.exe:Misc:Less solid stones:off. ;) That would be exactly what you are looking for.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: March 05, 2013, 05:01:25 pm »

think i found a bug. i have cavern flavor off and grazing on.  i embarked on a barren desert, only sand with a couple animals such as the tuskox.  i dug down to a cavern and quickly put the grazers out (they were starving at this point). to my dismay the grass vanished as they walked over it.  they don't have grass trample defined according to the raws.  looking at the moss, it comes up as grass.  just plain grass and it vanishes to a sand surface as the tuskox and horses walk over it, leaving sand behind.  i watched one tuskox move diagonally leaving a line of sand then checking him after about 5-8 steps.  he still came up as starving.  now i have a square of sand and starving animals :(
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: March 05, 2013, 05:12:10 pm »

"assign a bed to all dwarfes in your fort"

I hate to give this info to you, because you will probably facepalm, but if you just make a bedroom and dont assign it to anyone, dwarves without a bedroom will automatically pick it.

*nokao hits himself with a facepalm on his face but the hand passes trough*

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9648 on: March 05, 2013, 06:29:01 pm »

If I can make a feat request, the only left places where it's hard to find the right dwarf are CraftDwarf workshop for Slabs (searching the name of the ghost or the megabeast I slayed and I want to memorialize) and the dread "assign a bed to all dwarfes in your fort" part. Adding a filter to not show "already have a bed" dwarves, or put them first, would be really really a great time saver.

Yep the assign room one is on my todo list. I'll take a look at the memorial list too (somehow I thought there was already a way to make that list easy to use).

The engrave slab list is already sorted so that any Dwarves who are not entombed or memorialised are at the top. Dunno if that's vanilla or DFHack, but one of them makes it that way.

Riverfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: March 05, 2013, 06:40:52 pm »

Possible bug: offering a life to Armok at an Altar of Armok doesn't seem to be working properly.

Namely, this guy I am trying to kill went there, started spamming steel Armors of Armok, and after a while he went to get a drink.

Now, while I do appreciate free still armors (especially considering that on this embark I am forced to mass farm SteelOaks), but it doesn't seem...proper.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: March 05, 2013, 06:49:54 pm »

finally! found little bug, magma crucible -> menu "fill magma bottle", there are 2 options with letter m (magma bottle and melt to obsidian)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9651 on: March 05, 2013, 06:55:55 pm »

@Riverfire: Yep, its a boiling rock, and therefore sometimes random. Usually it works though. Next dfhack will finally allow modders to fix this.

@Nokao: is noted.

@Nice Save: Its a vanilla feature.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: March 05, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »

Wich is the right way to make dragonscale armor ?
leather? studded? lamellar? tough leather ?

The colosseum is safe? I mean, can I use it inside my plaza? or should I make walls around? :D
I finally made it to make all your structures... now i'm testing casters.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9653 on: March 05, 2013, 09:53:12 pm »

Leatherworker = Make leather whatever. It takes dragonscales. Just use stockpile options to only feed the workshop with dragonscale. Or simply store it right next to the leatherworker.

Colloseum is as unsafe as anything you can think of. Its beta and I am waiting on dfhack to fix it.

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: March 05, 2013, 11:42:13 pm »

A quick question: Roughly when will the linux and mac versions of masterwork V.2g come out?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:59:59 pm by lukstra »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9655 on: March 05, 2013, 11:54:36 pm »

Roughly in a few weeks.

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: March 06, 2013, 12:36:39 am »

I'm going to enlarge my previous question in order to make it visible.
MDF v2fMDF v2d+
I read dfhack documentation on github as well as info provided through console, tried to "enable workflow". Wasn't helpful.
The fact, that MDF dfhack ATM is customized motivates me to ask in this topic. Futhermore, I'm not sure if rewriting dfhack from previous version will cause no trouble.
Why such a hassle? Because the workflow GUI is crucial for me. I would rather play 2f than downshift to manual control.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: March 06, 2013, 12:39:20 am »

The workflow GUI is a custom plugin made by falconne which can be downloaded here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9658 on: March 06, 2013, 12:39:37 am »

I noticed that too, I "updated" dfhack, but overwrote the upgraded workflow I included previously. Just copy the old one into the dfhack folder and replace the new one... that should fix it and cause no problems. next version will be back to normal.

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9659 on: March 06, 2013, 12:52:51 am »

Meph, Putnam wow, that was fast. My gratitude for clarification.
It seems ripping off pre-existent features does severe impact in comparison to disability of playing new ones. Interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 749