Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839539 times)

Fungus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9585 on: March 03, 2013, 05:34:59 pm »

... Well that is horrifically simple. You're sure it doesn't matter that it's currently stored in a file named "building_furnaces_masterwork.txt"? Also I had in mind the entire raw file which the spoiler tag would have hidden nicely.

P.S. Also! Is there a way to find out my world seeds? I really love my current volcano.

maxg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: March 03, 2013, 05:51:26 pm »

...don't try to run the mac version through a windows executable? (.exe)

The dwarfort.exe is a the name of the mac executable.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: March 03, 2013, 06:03:06 pm »

Ah, didn't notice that windows now has Dwarf Fortress.exe as its name instead of dwarfort O_o

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9588 on: March 03, 2013, 06:14:17 pm »

[BUILDING_FURNACE:STEAM_ENGINE] Find it. Replace it with [BUILDING_WORKSHOP:STEAM_ENGINE], just like Putnam said. Thats it. Same for the magma version, if you want it. Then, gen a new world.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheYakuza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: March 03, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »

Quick question. Sorry if this doesn't apply to the mod or not but I had a fort that made a bunch of stuff out of Sandstone but none of it could be stored in stockpiles because there was no stone option for things made of sandstone, " Sand Door, etc ". Not sure if this was something I did or if there is something I can do to fix it. Thanks for any help.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9590 on: March 03, 2013, 06:37:53 pm »

Either you have temperature off and "less solid stones" On, OR this is a bug. Sandstone should either not exist as boulder (it evaporates, hence the question about the temperature) OR it should be a normal stone (of you play with "less solid stones" Off) and should be stockpiled as one. Could you tell me which one it is? Do you have temp on, or not ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheYakuza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: March 03, 2013, 06:58:13 pm »

Sorry temperature IS off so I guess that's what is causing it. I didn't think something like that could happen by just turning it off, I guess ill start playing with it on though. Thanks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: March 03, 2013, 07:03:50 pm »

Evaporation is temperature, so...

Fungus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: March 03, 2013, 07:15:06 pm »

Thanks Putnam and Meph, it appears that steam engines are working now but I'll have to play a bit to find out if that's the case. Meanwhile I've been having fun embarking anywhere on your Scorching Shiv setup (it seems magma steam engines are constructable without finding magma first) and trying to find a volcano on a human settlement to add some eccentricity to my game. I finally discovered a necromancer tower, embarked on it for fun, and found that it wasn't actually owned by a full-blown necromancer but a dwarf prophet who died 20 odd years before. Her eldest son took over as "Holy Apogee" of "The Certain Sect" way back in 15 when she became warlord of "The Scorpions of Bridging". Year before that she had been granted by Mestthos, dwarven god of mercy, the secrets of mercy and prophecy. In 34 her son also started worshipping Mestthos (after becoming obssesed with his own mortality, just as his mother had been) but it would be 64 years after this when Urnwall son of Iton Postedtrussed would receive the same blessings as his mother. In fact, Iton had been dead for ten years (from old age ironically) when Urnwall gained the powers of mercy and prophecy. Strangely he now captains a bandit gang.

But what is all this? Religion? Banditry? Necromancer towers without necromancers? Heirs? I thought DF didn't support any of this right now. Reading all I have been and learning about these two dwarves has really been fun and surprising!

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: March 04, 2013, 05:31:49 am »

Grazer button in Settings.exe doesn't do anything, removed all the grazer tags myself :)
EDIT: That may be because it doesn't save the Grazer setting...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:34:12 am by RickRollYou2 »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: March 04, 2013, 05:59:06 am »

Thank you for rekindling my love for DF with your Masterwork mod, Meph. I can barely bring myself to play vanilla anymore; I have nightmares when i go to make rock barrels for my alcohol and realize i can't!  :o
Rock pots aren't as resource efficient, 1 boulder for 1 pot? No thanks, 1 boulder for 4 blocks, and 4 blocks for 4 barrels sounds much better.  8)

Any-who, I was having problems with my military; when i equip a squad of 3 with a modified version of the default Metal uniform, after adding padded leather to each body part, my squad goes and diddles around the armor stockpile, and only equips one metal boot each! wtf?
I use the manager to create 3 full sets of iron armor, and create 5 full sets of padded leather, just in case, then i go into the military equip page and assign my squad with the modified suit. They go and equip a full suit of padded leather then begin putting on iron mail shirts and helms, and i go about my business. I come back later to inspect my squad leader and notice he only equipped an iron boot on his right foot! I check the stockpile and notice some leftover iron boots and begin to wonder wth happened.

I suspect it has something to do with the dfhack tweaks that are enabled when the game starts, but i have no idea.
I went back to the Lazy Newb Pack and played vanilla for a while and did not notice this problem.

Any help or ideas or comments on what i forgot to do or add would be appreciated.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: March 04, 2013, 07:25:32 am »

Meph: I still need  your help :D :D

I have a "XY cancels Bind textbook: went insane"
can use your library cause insanity ?

it's a tantruming / sad baron and administrator... so I think I'll reload :(
is there some item in your mod that I can use to change slightly the happiness of a dwarf ?

all my dwarfes are getting very sad, I suppose it's their clothes that are breaking apart because too old
infact they are very happy, they only complain about being naked

also, do someone knows if a civilian can be dressed up manually ?
It's urgent for me to save him.. he don't have any mandates actually.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:34:22 am by Nokao »

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: March 04, 2013, 11:46:43 am »

Meph: I still need  your help :D :D

I have a "XY cancels Bind textbook: went insane"
can use your library cause insanity ?

it's a tantruming / sad baron and administrator... so I think I'll reload :(
is there some item in your mod that I can use to change slightly the happiness of a dwarf ?

all my dwarfes are getting very sad, I suppose it's their clothes that are breaking apart because too old
infact they are very happy, they only complain about being naked

also, do someone knows if a civilian can be dressed up manually ?
It's urgent for me to save him.. he don't have any mandates actually.

It could be that he became unhappy and simply cancelled the task, not the task causing his insanity.

In case of the clothing, you could use the crates that some of the liaison offer to bring. Just order in some of those clothing crates, pop it open and let the Dwarves make their selection. Of course this will require that you sit tight.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: March 04, 2013, 01:31:12 pm »

The problem was caused by my abuse of the "cleanowned scattered" where I putted "x" rather than "X".
I was trying to increase FPS, once again the game became very slow and I have to abuse of the "fastdwarf" cheat, at least when I move stockpiles or a caravan arrives.

The above command removed most of the dresses of my dwarves, now lucky me I'm re-doing them, but it will be a long process, so I used another dfhack command to remove bad toughts from the Baron.

Sorry for going OT :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9599 on: March 04, 2013, 01:56:35 pm »

fastdwarf literally butchers your FPS btw. On my netbook it even causes crashes, because it cant handle DF + Fastdwarf.

@RickRollYou2: Grazed button... ahh, my old enemy. It didnt load the correct setting, now its made worse instead of fixed. When it says ON its OFF, and when it says OFF its ON. lol.

@JimboM12: Dfhack wont affect that. My best guess is a user error, but then again I have no idea what you or your dwarves are doing in the fort... maybe he was a miner/woodcutter/hunter as well, and the civilian uniform conflicted with the military uniform?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:58:53 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 749