Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839541 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9570 on: March 03, 2013, 02:45:32 pm »

Meph, is there some particular height at wich the gems blood of Amrok's are found ?
I found many tears, but no blood.

In my beautiful Embark I have a problem ... the fist cavern and magma I found are at level -12, so they are 112 levels under my workshops.
It's actually too much for me to make a Screw Pump Stack.

There is no particular height for anything ever.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: March 03, 2013, 03:53:02 pm »

Excuse me if I keep making questions :)

Do you have any suggestions to increase FPS ? I sometime use dfhack with this commands:
  • clean map
  • clean units
  • clean items
  • cleanowned scattered X
  • autodump destroy

But it's still too slow :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9572 on: March 03, 2013, 03:56:52 pm »

Get a faster computer.
Have less creatures on the map.
Dont have flowing water on the map.
Dont have moving magma.
Turn of weather.
Turn of temperature (very, very bad idea with this mod though)
Use traffic designations.
Lock off unused areas and caverns.
Atomsmash leftover items (just gives a little FPS though)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

maxg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: March 03, 2013, 04:01:58 pm »

Hello all,

I'm finally trying masterwork after being on vanilla. I downloaded the latest Mac version, and since the settings program doesn't seem to work with my wine, I just cd'd into the Dwarf Fortress directory and ran dfhack.

This seems to run fine for about 10 minutes and then it inevitably crashes with:

./dfhack: line 15: 80596 Abort trap: 6           (core dumped) ./dwarfort.exe

Is this just an outdated version of the mac package or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.                                                                                       

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9574 on: March 03, 2013, 04:11:45 pm »

I unfortunately cant help you with Mac, since I do not own one and cant test. But I assume that someone else who plays Masterwork on Mac will be able to help you. Or, since dfhack seems to be dying, maybe ask in their thread. Read the hack readme for macs, maybe redownload it and try again. Thats all I can come up with.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: March 03, 2013, 04:12:52 pm »

Meph, is it normal that relics give you super good stuff?
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9576 on: March 03, 2013, 04:13:35 pm »

Yes, but you shouldnt find many relics.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: March 03, 2013, 04:21:03 pm »

I got about twenty (full of mithril stuff and dragon scales)
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9578 on: March 03, 2013, 04:27:19 pm »

That doesnt help me at all. ^^ You found 20 relics... in how many years, how much mining, how many miners... ? Or do you have 20 on the map?

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: March 03, 2013, 04:36:21 pm »

I have noticed a fairly high incidence of relics actually, I ran reveal on a recent fort and found a probably a hundred or so scattered over a few layers.

maxg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: March 03, 2013, 04:54:39 pm »

I unfortunately cant help you with Mac, since I do not own one and cant test. But I assume that someone else who plays Masterwork on Mac will be able to help you. Or, since dfhack seems to be dying, maybe ask in their thread. Read the hack readme for macs, maybe redownload it and try again. Thats all I can come up with.

It appears dwarfort.exe is core dumping and dfhack is just falling through. Is the mac version intended to be run directly via dfhack?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: March 03, 2013, 04:55:49 pm »

...don't try to run the mac version through a windows executable? (.exe)

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: March 03, 2013, 05:08:47 pm »

I have noticed a fairly high incidence of relics actually, I ran reveal on a recent fort and found a probably a hundred or so scattered over a few layers.
For me, about thirty-forty in three layers, in two years of mining. (However, I do stripmine if I need the space/minerals.)

Fungus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: March 03, 2013, 05:20:05 pm »

*Cue desperation* meph! i needz steam enginez fixed now!!1!123 */desperation*

Seriously though, can you maybe spoiler tag some fixed raws I can copy and paste? I've messed around with them myself but having to gen a world every time I fail to fix them is getting tiresome. It sucks that my old world is unsalvageable but this is much worse! I'm amazed you can get your mod to function at all. I doubt I could even mod in a custom rock without causing a crash.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: March 03, 2013, 05:22:45 pm »

Not spoiler, code tag.

Code: [Select]
It's much better!
Anyway, the fix would be to change the BUILDING_FURNACE:X line to BUILDING_WORKSHOP:X.
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 749