Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839357 times)

magos epic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - New Poll.
« Reply #9405 on: February 26, 2013, 05:08:30 pm »

I found a bug when the drow hordemaster and her traders came to my fort. The arrived and did the normal diplomat thing but once the traders got to the depot they never finished unpacking! They went an entire season of giving me the "were sorry we are still setting up" then left and I didnt get to trade :/    I will see if it happens a second time.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: February 26, 2013, 05:55:19 pm »

I found a bug when the drow hordemaster and her traders came to my fort. The arrived and did the normal diplomat thing but once the traders got to the depot they never finished unpacking! They went an entire season of giving me the "were sorry we are still setting up" then left and I didnt get to trade :/    I will see if it happens a second time.

this happened to me also in vanilla

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: February 26, 2013, 07:49:24 pm »

I think that happens when everyone cannot make it to the depot. Were the drows attacked on the way in?

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: February 26, 2013, 10:46:11 pm »

I think that happens when everyone cannot make it to the depot. Were the drows attacked on the way in?
I'm pretty sure that that means the wagons didn't have enough space to get to your Depot or they were attacked/distracted. Try and check if your Depot can be accessed by traders (I think it was ctrl+D or something)
Signature Is Here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9409 on: February 26, 2013, 10:56:16 pm »

@magos epic: Yep, that happens when they get distracted by something, for example one merchant fleeing/dying. Thats normal vanilla DF behaviour.

@Ishar: Thanks, I will test it.

@smakemupagus: The puddingstone surprises me a bit, but yes, Tears of Armok will keep their aquifers, even if you play without aquifer. Thats intended.

@sammyboy0120: Do you have real layers, big areas with aquifers? In that case something is wrong. If dfhack says you have an aquifer in your prospect report, than thats ok, thats just the Tear of Armok Gems.

@jaxy15: Researcher can help a bit, but you must kill Automatons for them.

@leafar: Yield is 4 bars from 1 ore, OR 2 bars from 1 ore, if you play with "harder smelting". The thing you describe, 1 for 1, shouldnt happen. Are you sure?

@FengYun: Thanks. :) Some Wraiths will stay, in some metals. Same goes for soggoths and balrogs, which follow the same mechanic. I'll just try to balance it a bit better in the next update.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: February 26, 2013, 11:06:10 pm »

@magos epic: Yep, that happens when they get distracted by something, for example one merchant fleeing/dying. Thats normal vanilla DF behaviour.

Think he was talking about the truetype bug.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Lovecraft
« Reply #9411 on: February 27, 2013, 04:25:53 am »

You guys know about the Lovecraft musical "A Shoggoth on the Roof"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2csnVNai-o&list=PLB741553DC17D4887&index=1
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: February 27, 2013, 04:30:27 am »

@leafar: Yield is 4 bars from 1 ore, OR 2 bars from 1 ore, if you play with "harder smelting". The thing you describe, 1 for 1, shouldnt happen. Are you sure?

kinda suspected one of the "harder X" settings, the descriptions didn't mention it though(<- hint ;))
just tested with three hematite i still had: first gave NO bars, second 3 and last gave one bar

raws say [METAL_ORE:IRON:50], i suppose the game translates this into throw 4 coins to determine actual output - just that some xXcoinsXx say 'no' on both sides :)
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: February 27, 2013, 04:33:05 am »

Another strange thing: I wanted to create a steel armor cast, I had all the ingredients (steel bars, steel daggers, mechanisms, steel chains), but when a dwarf went to actually do it, I got an error message that said I need two large steel daggers. I had two, but to be sure, I forged another 10 - I thought maybe some soldier grabbed them or something, and therefore it's not available. That didn't solve anything, I got the same error. The reaction is white, so in theory, it should work. Again, no burrows defined.
Maybe there's something I missed? Do the mechanisms also have to be made of steel? I used rock ones, because I'm a cheap bastard.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9414 on: February 27, 2013, 07:27:06 am »

just tested with three hematite i still had: first gave NO bars, second 3 and last gave one bar

raws say [METAL_ORE:IRON:50], i suppose the game translates this into throw 4 coins to determine actual output - just that some xXcoinsXx say 'no' on both sides :)
The manual says so. But anyway, what you describe should be impossible. I will have a look. but iron_ore:50 means 50, its always 50 and never fluctuates.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9415 on: February 27, 2013, 07:53:37 am »

Another strange thing: I wanted to create a steel armor cast, I had all the ingredients (steel bars, steel daggers, mechanisms, steel chains), but when a dwarf went to actually do it, I got an error message that said I need two large steel daggers. I had two, but to be sure, I forged another 10 - I thought maybe some soldier grabbed them or something, and therefore it's not available. That didn't solve anything, I got the same error. The reaction is white, so in theory, it should work. Again, no burrows defined.
Maybe there's something I missed? Do the mechanisms also have to be made of steel? I used rock ones, because I'm a cheap bastard.

I had a lot of problems with this myself, check your burrows.  A workshop inside a burrow will only use items within that burrow, even if the burrow isn't active. 

4 steel chains, 2 steel daggers, 4 steel bars, and any 4 mechanisms. 

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: February 27, 2013, 08:55:38 am »

The manual says so.
ah, sorry; i only checked in the .exe

ps: slag output varies as well, of course
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

sammyboy0120

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: February 27, 2013, 09:38:07 am »

I encountered an unexplained flood from damp stone once and had an aquifer listed on dfhack, but I don't have the save anymore. I think it may have been from tears of armok; how would flooding from tears of armok occur, and what size cluster would they be? Would they give a damp stone warning? It was in a tropical moist broadleaf forest generated using the garden of gaia preset, with a brook bisecting the map.

Also, I'm thinking about doing my first evil embark, did masterwork add anything so scary that I would want to get practice in vanilla for it, o should I just go for it?

Also, for those of you who have as much trouble with night mares and night stallions early game as I do (I got a group of them before I even had my first migrants, WTF), the dfhack "weather rain" (without quotes) will help put out the fires they start, and "slayrace night mare" will kill any on screen.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: February 27, 2013, 10:36:43 am »

I encountered an unexplained flood from damp stone once and had an aquifer listed on dfhack, but I don't have the save anymore. I think it may have been from tears of armok; how would flooding from tears of armok occur, and what size cluster would they be? Would they give a damp stone warning? It was in a tropical moist broadleaf forest generated using the garden of gaia preset, with a brook bisecting the map.

Which version are you talking about?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:54 am »

The manual says so. But anyway, what you describe should be impossible. I will have a look. but iron_ore:50 means 50, its always 50 and never fluctuates.

Meph, I am pretty sure he is right, a fractional ore gives you ore based on the binomial distribution (i.e. four independent coin flips), ie. for ore:50 there is 1/16 chance of 0 bars; 4/16 chance of 1 bars; and 6/16 chance of 2 bars; 4/16 three; 1/16 four.  In any case this is what DFWiki says for galena and tetrahedrite.
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 749