Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839333 times)

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9375 on: February 25, 2013, 11:24:22 pm »

@meph
a thought on blood/bone full stack consuming issue - i'm not a modder by no means however i am trying to learn.
-when doing bones especially those that would be used in the boneyard to make certain things.. create a custom reaction similiar to when a dwarf carves them into trinkets etc.. then make 5per stack similar to what you do with your ink that gets put into jugs.. and then this stack would be a essentially a tool or what have you... that way you could say ok.. ironbone requires a 5unit stack  (again simliar to how ink works) so the boneyard would take a stack of say... 17bone, and convert it to to your TOOL item ie..++workedbone++5 then this tool 2 ++workedbone++5 would be used to make 1 ironbone.  i suppose blood could be simlar system.. create flasks, and put the blood into flasks of 5 units each instead of barrels?  - just an idea :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - in developement
« Reply #9376 on: February 25, 2013, 11:29:01 pm »

Doenst work like this. 1 stack = 1. If I say that I want 5 bones to become 5 tools, the game would take 5 STACKS of bones. If it would be that easy I would have done this long ago. But good thinking for someone who does not know modding.

The vanilla reactions for bonecarving and so on are hardcoded btw, I cant even see them.

I could split up blood into different barrels. But the game wouldnt care how many meat is in a stack. A stack of size 100 would be split up into as many barrels of blood as a stack of size 1.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

blu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: February 26, 2013, 12:27:51 am »

I just tested that, and Harder Farming does toggle the growduration without a problem. From 4036 down to 600, which is a bit over half a season. Aboveground from 1008 to 300. (current version its 2016 to 300, but works regardless) ... so... I dont know what is happening to your game. Could you please open data/save/region whatever you are playing in, raw/objects/plant_standard.txt and post the GROWDUR:xyz ?
I checked the plant duration and you're correct. It takes slightly over half a season for a underground plant to grow. Now is that the same amount of time it takes for a plant to grow within vanilla DF? I apologize, I guess I was impatient and jumped the gun assuming the grow duration was still extended.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: February 26, 2013, 12:51:33 am »

Not sure if this was intended or if it's already been reported and I apologise in either case, but the reaction for opening a ruins loot crate results in lots of spam about not having the book of blueprints that I do have...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

may be the problem, since I see multiple reagents... Was it meant that I need multiple books?

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: February 26, 2013, 01:49:34 am »

@meph - i still don't think zwiehander has become an english word yet ;-) no worries - i'll rename it myself =D

i would urge you to make the dynamite javelin ammo use the small explosion - 2-3 tiles is plenty! that way they're more like grenades then the napalm carpet-bombs they currently are...

i'm very curious about the dynamite ballista ammo, though, too! how's that going to work? have you tested it out? dwarven artillery is awesome!! =D

i haven't used the runesmith yet, but i was planning on doing it soon...

as for the color scheme - i swear i had to copy and paste the original one from 1.9.5! maybe i was doing it wrong but i did click through all the options and test each one...! hell, i did it a couple of times. maybe i messed it up somehow, but i'm not sure how...? no worries, thanks for double-checking =)

speaking of color schemes - you might want to put all the color schemes into one folder, because right now they're in with the utilities folder and it's a bit weird. what do you think?

and on sprites - i'm pretty sure i was getting pekyts etc with black backgrounds, till i copied my sprite files over. does that make sense?

cheers and thanks again! =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: February 26, 2013, 02:58:49 am »

But no, I cant make it a smaller size. I can make it TINY, like 2-3 tiles. Or leave it as it is. Thats it.

I think 2-3 tiles would be better, considering there are usually multiple explosions, because of the rate of fire. Five times 2-3 tiles would still be devastating.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

magos epic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: February 26, 2013, 03:13:45 am »

hey has anyone else had a visual glitch where some of the words do not appear on the screen? makes keeping track of logs a pain in the ass. anyone got a clue whats causing this for me?

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: February 26, 2013, 04:17:41 am »

@magos
its a DF problem with truetype font... what i do is just hover mouse and scroll up/down with mousewheel to resize the screen real quick fixed it until it happens again, or you can alt-enter into fullscreen/out etc..

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: February 26, 2013, 04:19:51 am »

Thanks, I didnt even knew that. Its updated as well. :)

Edit: In total, my work from today:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tomorrow I will tackle Kobold Camp more, and focus on the manual. Maybe, JUST maybe, write a Kobold Camp manual as well.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CHANGELOG IS SIMPLY FOR MY DEV VERSION. NO RELEASE YET.

Finally, a KC manual!

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: February 26, 2013, 04:53:43 am »

@magos
its a DF problem with truetype font... what i do is just hover mouse and scroll up/down with mousewheel to resize the screen real quick fixed it until it happens again, or you can alt-enter into fullscreen/out etc..
Or you could press F12 to change back to the original font. Then, if you press it again, you are back to truetype, without errors (for a while). Unfortunately, it's a persistent problem, but the MW font is still much less painful to read than the original.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9385 on: February 26, 2013, 07:45:51 am »

I will just make dynamite harder to get. Currently all it takes is plants ^^ It was one of my testing schemes, I thought if its easy to get, people will use it :P

@RickRollYou2: Thanks, that is indeed a bug, is fixed now. :)

@magos epic: Check the known bugs section in the manual :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: February 26, 2013, 07:49:51 am »

What about the "your dwarf descenting the mountain of madness has transformed into a fisher savant" !? !?

Shit this is Lovecraft !!!

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:54:18 am by Nokao »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9387 on: February 26, 2013, 07:56:44 am »

Good luck. Kill it with fire. And if you like lovecraft, wait till the cult finds your fort. ;)

Fun fact: I once asked a clerk in an airport bookshop about books by Lovecraft. He gave me a dirty look and said that they dont sell erotica.  ???

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: February 26, 2013, 07:58:49 am »

Fun fact: I once asked a clerk in an airport bookshop about books by Lovecraft. He gave me a dirty look and said that they dont sell erotica.  ???

Hahaha  :)
This is just what the dark lord said him to answer.
Praise the dark lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxScTbIUvoA

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: February 26, 2013, 09:17:53 am »

Good luck. Kill it with fire. And if you like lovecraft, wait till the cult finds your fort. ;)

I managed to get most of them on audiobook.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 749