Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839332 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9360 on: February 25, 2013, 07:45:48 pm »

I just tested that, and Harder Farming does toggle the growduration without a problem. From 4036 down to 600, which is a bit over half a season. Aboveground from 1008 to 300. (current version its 2016 to 300, but works regardless) ... so... I dont know what is happening to your game. Could you please open data/save/region whatever you are playing in, raw/objects/plant_standard.txt and post the GROWDUR:xyz ?

To the rest, this is what I have done in the meantime:
 - All above-ground plants grow in 1008 time units = 1 full season. (was 2 seasons, but plants sown in summer withered in winter, that was not intended)
 - legendary Twohanded weapons now have the proper adjective (legendary) instead of the old (superior). Copy past error on my part.
 - Alchemist has 9 new reactions. You can specifically extract gnomeblight and golden salve, and brew 7 kinds of drinks: the 5 elven plants and nether vine/nether creeper.
 - All 7 drinks have special syndromes.
 - Norrium brews warrior shots, bonus in strength and endurance
 - Insomnium brews into insomnia wine, adds no sleep
 - Silphium brews Sterility draught, adds sterile
 - Cure-all brews into disease resistance draught, gives max syndrome resistance
 - Philosophum brews into youth poiton, adds no_aging.
 - Nether vines brews into nether wine, gives no_fear
 - Nether creeper brews into nether grour, poisonous drinks. (for nobles or curious_beast_guzzler)
 - ALL THESE DRINKS AND PLANTS HAVE BEEN IN THE MOD BEFORE (I just thought that they are not used often, because it was too much micromanagement)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: February 25, 2013, 07:51:03 pm »

@meph - i used dynamite ammo for a couple of times. i first tested it with a hunter, just to see if it worked... oh dear lord... that poor coyote =D of course, it also lit a gigantic forestfire, so i reloaded from a save.

then when i was facing a big orc siege, i equipped a squad of marksdwarves with it, and sent them on an assault mission! they came in range of the enemy, unleashed a volley, and all hell broke loose. fire, smoke, explosions, death... i lost all the marksdwarves, but i took out the siege! and the entire surface of my embark site! i reloaded from a save again.

i later gave dynamite bolts to my overwatch marksdwarves, who were positioned on a fortified cliff along the caravan route. a drow caravan arrived, warlocks ambushed it, explosionsfiredeath, caravan and ambush both burnt alive. i reloaded and switched back to broadhead bolts.

thus ends my report =D

PS: fair enough about the berzerkers, i guess!

PPS: i always used the special drinks via the normal "brew drink" reaction, and plants traded from elves. doesn't everybody do that?

PPPS: would you be so kind as to change "zwiehander" to "greatsword"? we already have greataxes, which is perfectly logical, and while i speak some german and know what it means, it still seems weird to me! =P

PPPPS: sprites?? =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9362 on: February 25, 2013, 08:08:08 pm »

Whoever reported that blood is not stockpiled or used in the altar... tested, blood is stockpiled with food, and succesfully sacrificed at the altar. No problems.

@sayke:Sprites ?

then when i was facing a big orc siege, i equipped a squad of marksdwarves with it, and sent them on an assault mission! they came in range of the enemy, unleashed a volley, and all hell broke loose. fire, smoke, explosions, death... i lost all the marksdwarves, but i took out the siege! and the entire surface of my embark site! i reloaded from a save again.

That sounds perfect. :) Powerful, but difficult to handle. As intended.

zweihander is actually an english word, like kindergarden or rucksack or zeitgeist. Its a special VERY BIG twohanded sword used by epic german mercenaries. So... I'll keep it :P

EDIT: DYNAMITE BALLISTA AMMO WORKS. :D (I havent hit anything yet, but I can coat ballista ammo with dynamite, it should work. Will do a bigger test later)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:19:09 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: February 25, 2013, 08:18:30 pm »

@meph - haha oh man... is there any way you could make the explosions smaller, at least? as it stands there's really no reason to use dynamite ammo, other then as a novelty! i just wish we could have those explosions at longer range... i really like the dynamite-catapult "dwarven mortar emplacement" idea =D

and there's no way that zweihander is an english word yet!! nobody says "twohander" either - there's just shortswords, broadswords, longswords, bastard swords, and greatswords... everything else is just fluff ;-)

EDIT: DUDE!!! dynamite ballista ammo is going to rule!!!! =D

PS: i'd urge you to remove dynamite bolts, then, and restrict it to dynamite javalins with a smaller explosion then the current bolts. that would make them a higher-tech awesome thing to work for, and considerably more practical as a weapon system!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:20:50 pm by sayke »
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9364 on: February 25, 2013, 08:30:50 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zweih%C3%A4nder Wikipedia claims otherwise. Its a specific kind of greatsword.

I cant do catapult ammo though... I mean, I could coat boulders with dynamite, but they have to draw blood on hit, otherwise it does not trigger. Catapults usually break bones and bruise... or am I mistaken? Because otherwise it would work, if the ammo hits a creature you get the explosion.

But no, I cant make it a smaller size. I can make it TINY, like 2-3 tiles. Or leave it as it is. Thats it.

btw Manticore ammo works the same way, kills everything in the same radius, but without the fires. ;)

EDIT: ARGH, sayke... the default color is the default color. ^^ But the mod starts up with DEFAULT+... please note the +. ;) You can change it back to DEFAULT, for the vanilla DF color scheme.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:33:19 pm by Meph »

TheYakuza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: February 25, 2013, 08:48:06 pm »

Trying this out for my first time, any small tips I should know before hand?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9366 on: February 25, 2013, 08:55:45 pm »

Disable harder mining.  :D
Build a moat/wall. Quickly.
Read the manual once. Seriously, just read through it entirely. I know its big, but otherwise you have no idea what kind of tricks you can do. And what utilities are included, and so on. I even put a readme for each included program into the manual. :)

Apart from that the mod should feel like DF, just with more of everything. No major bugs.

EDIT: Also in my changelog is now:
 - 2 new reactions for the shrine: Pray for wool and Pray for cotton. Similar to the silk reactions, this will give you a chance for moods that need yarn/fiber thread/cloth.

- Updated falconnes plugins
 - Added 2 new plugins: dwarfmonitor.plug.dll and resume.plug.dll
 - dwarfmonitor.plug.dll shows what each dwarf is doing on average, for example 50% idle, 25% mason, 15%sleep, 10% eat/drink. (ALT+S ingame)
 - resume.plug.dll marks all suspended constructions/buildings with a red X, and enabled "unsuspend all".

- Updated Therapist to 20.1
 - Updated Orc Fortress to 1.1

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9367 on: February 25, 2013, 08:56:25 pm »

Meph something I noticed earlier today with the kitchen blood reaction:  I slaughtered an elephant and had a stack of some 72+ meat, it took the whole stack and gave me 5 units of blood.  Is it possible to make it so that the grind meat reaction produces 5 unit groups based on the reaction size so that I can more efficienctly use the meat I get?  72 for 1 reaction vs sometimes having him just drag off a 5 meat stack I bought from a caravan, its a huge difference.  And its very difficult to prevent which stack of meat he goes for without extensive forbidding and micromanagement.  Just one of my recent complaints, :(

TheYakuza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: February 25, 2013, 09:02:28 pm »

Disable harder mining.  :D
Build a moat/wall. Quickly.
Read the manual once. Seriously, just read through it entirely. I know its big, but otherwise you have no idea what kind of tricks you can do. And what utilities are included, and so on. I even put a readme for each included program into the manual. :)

Apart from that the mod should feel like DF, just with more of everything. No major bugs.

EDIT: Also in my changelog is now:
 - 2 new reactions for the shrine: Pray for wool and Pray for cotton. Similar to the silk reactions, this will give you a chance for moods that need yarn/fiber thread/cloth.

- Updated falconnes plugins
 - Added 2 new plugins: dwarfmonitor.plug.dll and resume.plug.dll
 - dwarfmonitor.plug.dll shows what each dwarf is doing on average, for example 50% idle, 25% mason, 15%sleep, 10% eat/drink. (ALT+S ingame)
 - resume.plug.dll marks all suspended constructions/buildings with a red X, and enabled "unsuspend all".

- Updated Therapist to 20.1
 - Updated Orc Fortress to 1.1

Thanks a ton.  ;D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9369 on: February 25, 2013, 09:03:04 pm »

Sadly no. I know of the problem, but I cant affect it. Usually I would just produce more blood, but if I make more then 20 it spills. Its the same problem with bones, it always uses one stack. Cant do anything about it. Sorry. What you can do: turn simple meat off. This way you get a stack of meat, a stack of lung, a stack of heart, a stack of brain, and so on. And you can extract blood from each stack.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: February 25, 2013, 09:06:12 pm »

@Meph: note that also SoundSense did update ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9371 on: February 25, 2013, 09:51:29 pm »

Thanks, I didnt even knew that. Its updated as well. :)

Edit: In total, my work from today:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tomorrow I will tackle Kobold Camp more, and focus on the manual. Maybe, JUST maybe, write a Kobold Camp manual as well.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CHANGELOG IS SIMPLY FOR MY DEV VERSION. NO RELEASE YET.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:13:35 pm by Meph »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: February 25, 2013, 10:23:53 pm »

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the amount of work you put into this, and if you need some balance testing done, i'm up for it.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: February 25, 2013, 10:29:21 pm »

So much good work ;)

But I couldn't resist and I'm trying 2f

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9374 on: February 25, 2013, 10:32:23 pm »

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the amount of work you put into this
I havent done anything in 6 weeks :P But thanks. If you want to test things, go ahead. Any feedback is welcome. I havent done any changed on weapons though, so most testing would be fortress mode, not some arena battles. If you want to test something, try the runesmith. :) I had not a single report about it, ever. ^^
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 749