Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839223 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9270 on: February 21, 2013, 08:53:57 pm »

I used Dreamweaver for the manual, Paint/Gimp/Photoshop for some pictures and Raw Explorer for the tables.
I wondered if you used something for it, the html looked very generated fucked up when I was working on the Linux instructions.

Can Raw Explorer export those tables in some way?
Fixed that for you. And no, Raw Explorer cant export the tables, otherwise I would have done so. I tried copying the system the wiki uses, but ultimately failed due to lack of skill.

@poothoottoot: Your nickname is a horror to write.  ;) Besides that I dont know why anything would be blurry. Maybe its because I use a square ascii set and it looks unusual to your eyes? You can do some tweaking yourself in the data/intit/init.txt if you like. The wiki should explain how everything works in that regard.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

poothoottoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: February 21, 2013, 09:21:46 pm »

Thanks I'll try to mess around with it but other than the blur which may just be me this mod is awesome.
Frankly Scarlet I don't give a yam.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9272 on: February 21, 2013, 11:05:30 pm »

Meph I turned off the smoke effects on the Flavor options, I noticed that in the raws for some of the workshops "!NODUST!" is flagged.  For example on 'grind sausage', the line that would give a chance for bacteria is turned off.  This doesn't seem like just flavor to me, seems like a pretty important cost-benefit relationship between increasing food supply at a risk of generating sickness.  Is this the setting that changed that?  or is there another one that I missed? 

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: February 22, 2013, 02:10:52 am »

when using armory to create armors for upgrading to plate - is there a way to keep your soldiers from comming in and taking the armor for upgrades? like is it possible to prohibit them from taking from a certain stockpile? trying to figure out an efficient way to make the armor upgrade it then distribute to the grunts.. what method do you guys use?

filipmolnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: February 22, 2013, 07:09:26 am »

Hello,

I have a question regarding wood.

I gened a new world with simple trees off and and more tree types on. Still, I only get "wood logs" when cutting wood (which are indeed diverse, even though I never really paid attention whether there are more types now)

Is this normal? Thanks!
D_E is a true saint.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9275 on: February 22, 2013, 07:17:41 am »

@Arumba: The sickness shouldnt restrict a lot, but I got this complaint before. Yes, not really a complaint, but the flavor text of the button is slightly off. You think I should move the stench/bacteria to a seperate one?

@halox: No. ^^ Locked doors maybe ^^

@filipmolnar: This is perfectly normal. You cant get wood types back in the game, it would break all the reaction I use specific woods for, like the timberyard.  You get what it says on the button, more tree types. Not more wood types ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

filipmolnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: February 22, 2013, 07:30:41 am »

@filipmolnar: This is perfectly normal. You cant get wood types back in the game, it would break all the reaction I use specific woods for, like the timberyard.  You get what it says on the button, more tree types. Not more wood types ;)

I see, thanks!
D_E is a true saint.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9277 on: February 22, 2013, 07:59:26 am »

Thanks for your replies meph.  I noticed that most everything about your mod is accurate and concise, which is why that button irks me a bit.  Its just that it says it does nothing, but it does do something.  I would ask that it either get its own button, or that you 'protect' that reaction from the button so that turning off flavor dust doesn't affect some of the reactions. 

As it is right now, since my 4 year old fortress was genned with that button off, I basically just auto-churn meat into ground meat into sausages for a 50% increase in food.  Seems like unnecessary steps and jobs when essentially it could be replaced by a big ole 'CHEAT' reaction.  There's no reason not to do it except for self restraint, which I lack desperately.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9278 on: February 22, 2013, 08:45:19 am »

Now that you mention it... the sausage reaction should take 2 units of edible meat and 1 unit of inedible bodyparts (cartilage, spleen, something like that) and make 3 sausages... I think something with the tags never worked right, so I removed it... it shouldnt give free food, maybe I can find some kind of solution.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: February 22, 2013, 09:15:56 am »

@Arumba: The sickness shouldnt restrict a lot, but I got this complaint before. Yes, not really a complaint, but the flavor text of the button is slightly off. You think I should move the stench/bacteria to a seperate one?
Yes.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: February 22, 2013, 05:59:35 pm »

@ meph

going along with the free food i think the collosium needs a few changes i can put lion or blind cave ogre on repeat and a squad of guys inside and i'll have 2k of meat in a few minutes - not sure if that should be balanced somehow or not

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9282 on: February 22, 2013, 06:25:52 pm »

The colosseum is essentially in beta stage. Its a test, to see what kind of reports I get about it. Once the next dfhack comes out I can balance all those fancier reactions/features I have... till then its free to make more people use it.

sammyboy0120

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: February 22, 2013, 11:28:00 pm »

Hello Meph, came to say thanks for such an awesome mod and provide some feedback. I love everything I've seen so far with one glaring exception: night mares/night stallions, especially in thoroughly wooded areas. They an fly And shoot fireballs that raze an entire forest to the ground, destroying much of my livestock and any souls who were unfortunate enough to be fishing or hunting at the time? It seems a bit OP, I'd consider some kind of balance, such as reducing the size of the groups they spawn in (such as 2-4 instead of the 7-9 I've been getting), making it so they can only shoot fire when on the ground or removing their ability to fly.

Also, some of the new workshops seem to be quite glitchy when it comes to detecting available materials for reactions. I have yet to be able to sacrifice demon symbols or the equivalent witch item (can't remember he name) despite having several in my stockpile, my gunsmith won't detect that I have steel, and my storage unit is refusing to unbox a number of crates I purchased from caravans. I can upload a save if necessary.

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: February 22, 2013, 11:39:45 pm »

Meph, thank you for this mod and thank you for taking the time to answer all these questions.

Here's another one...  I am trying to mess around with Golems, but can't seem to figure out how to get myself an Adamantine mechanism.  The job manager doesn't know of a reaction to create one and i can't find the reaction in any workshops and it's a required reagent for building the mold.
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 749