Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839018 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9000 on: February 05, 2013, 07:38:55 pm »

That was very helpful, thanks :)

I am confused about the message box, I got this report before, I thought I fixed this.... mh...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Legorobo4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: February 05, 2013, 08:05:36 pm »

Does anyone know where in the raws you can find the Water Dragon?

Im asking because I got one sitting on the side of my mountain and I want to know if I can tame it and such...

P.S. Great mod Meph, breathed new life into my passion for DF, so I Thank You.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: February 05, 2013, 08:07:48 pm »

Searching for: water dragon
creature_beasts_masterwork.txt(2759): [NAME:water dragon:water dragons:water draconic]
creature_beasts_masterwork.txt(2760): [CASTE_NAME:water dragon:water dragons:water draconic]
Found 2 occurrence(s) in 1 file(s)

Should be good to go; It's Pet_exotic.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:09:29 pm by smakemupagus »

Legorobo4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: February 05, 2013, 08:45:29 pm »

Thanks smake either overlooked it or somehow messed up my search... ???

now to wait and see if I get another 20 or so Animal Savants like my last fort...  ;)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: February 05, 2013, 08:49:55 pm »

np, I just had one tear apart half my militia yesterday, so i was interested to look it up anyway :)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: February 05, 2013, 08:56:47 pm »

anyone able to find a stockpile option for stable warpstone?
i have a stockpile for my masons and i don't want warpstone being mixed in but can't find it through the search function in the stockpile screen :x

so..possible bug being unable to stockpile warpstone properly. only allowing 'other stone' in with 2 'warpstone' entries turned off
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9006 on: February 05, 2013, 09:00:49 pm »

I am not sure the search function in the stockpile screen, which is written by falconne for vanilla Df can read the custom materials of the mod... I checked, warpstone uses the stone template, there shouldnt be any issues with stockpiling it. Should be at the very bottom of the list.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9007 on: February 06, 2013, 12:33:41 am »

Start new fort.
Choose equipment.
Embark.
Begin to dig.

Metalwraith appear, everybody dead. :P
I think i finally understand that old Losing is fun motto.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: February 06, 2013, 09:16:03 am »

I think that the fountain of eternal youth is overpowered.
Is very easy to build (doesn't require anything special, you can bring all you need in embark). And you can transform all the
useless caste-less dwarfs you want into lifemancers for free.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: February 06, 2013, 09:39:13 am »

Q: Does Masterwork incorporate Modest Mod changes? (Your Accelerated Mod is mentioned in the OP and that does incorporate Modest Mod, so...)

If it does, do these changes include the Eternal Fashion module which transforms many clothing types into armor with a value of 1 (as a clothing bug workaround)?

@Thundercraft: The mod is... maybe 4 times as big as the normal game. Writing the manual took 70h or so, download and have a look at it, to see which parts can be toggled. It would be way, way too long for the frontpage.

I can understand and appreciate that. However, I have a slow connection and it's a bit impractical for me to download the entire Masterwork file (nearly 50 MB) and install just to peak at the manual to decide whether I want to use this or not.

Could you provide the manual as a separate download on DFFD? (Perhaps in a simple RTF, Wordpad or Word format?)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9010 on: February 06, 2013, 11:04:13 am »

@Thundercraft:
Q: Does Masterwork incorporate Modest Mod changes? (Your Accelerated Mod is mentioned in the OP and that does incorporate Modest Mod, so...)
Does it say anywhere that I do? In frontpage, thread or manual ? So NO, its not in the mod, would make no sense either, because igfig (the author of modest mod) took many of his fixes from Masterwork.

And what clothing bug are you talking about? I dont know of any.

Manual as wordpad doc ? You clearly havent seen the manual. It alone is 12-15mb (?)... Just download it, seriously. Sorry if I sound a bit blunt, but your questions are weird ^^

@broken: Yep, the philosophers stone is missing, since I revamped the alchemy, to fix a bug.. havent made a new one yet.

Moridin920

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: February 06, 2013, 11:22:15 am »

I've been playing Masterwork, I love it so far.

I'm having an issue with resurrection in the good biomes, though. Is it supposed to be kind of rare or is it supposed to happen frequently? Every single dwarf of mine that dies gets resurrected (if the corpse is still there). That wouldn't be a big issue, but the problem is when they get resurrected they seem... braindead for lack of a better term. The military dwarves will still do drills and other dwarves seem to do work as far as I can tell, but they won't clothe themselves, eat or drink requiring other dwarves to bring them food/water, and because of that eventually just have a tantrum over and over again until they die. They don't seem to respond to burrow orders either. They are also listed as former members of my group and civilization in their description (because they died maybe?).

For example one of my soldiers just got resurrected, and I drafted him again and he picked up a kite shield and weapon and nothing else. No clothes, no other equipment (even though the stuff he had equipped before his death was on the ground and available where he died). Civilians don't pick up tools or anything though.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:48:27 am by Moridin920 »

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: February 06, 2013, 04:05:43 pm »

Thunder, the manual is this awesome html thing with pictures and text and a huge amount of info. You could almost think of it as a mini-wiki. There is no reasonable way to shove it into all text and have it be anything useful.

Assuming you have dialup, it is 3 hours to download, which is bad but not terrible. Just pick a night to let it download over. this mod is really worth it.

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: February 06, 2013, 04:17:17 pm »

Question to Sieges.

Right now, i have all Siege Races ON. but it somehow feels i dont get attacked often, now matter how high my wealth is (up to 10 million, king etc) i only get boring goblins and one time in 10 years automatrons.

no i am not playing on an lonely island, mostly playing in evil biomes.

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: February 06, 2013, 05:09:13 pm »

Spray, when you embarked were there a lot of races with red lines beside their names?In long world gens a lot races can be killed off. Overall though I have found Masterwork to be more hit and miss with enemy races then Fortress Defence.
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 749